Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 11:27:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So you think there is no Santa  (Read 1094 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: December 24, 2006, 01:46:38 PM »

Have you ever noticed about this time of year sometimes unexplained things happen? Perhaps you thought you would have to skip Christmas because of financial difficulties and all of a sudden, unexpectedly, money comes in from somewhere.

I remember one year we didn't have enough for much of a Christmas. Then on Christmas morning I stepped out the door and there on the front step was a big bag of toys for my kids. Never found out who put them there.

Merry Christmas Ya'll.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 09:02:45 PM by buzzbeejr » Logged

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 04:02:36 PM »

To all those SANTA'S Jerry, may their Christmas's always be bright. What a heart warming story, thanks buddy!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 11:44:26 PM »

Thanks for sharing your amazing memories. I have found that there is always a little santa in each of us. If we are always giving and sharing of ourselves, it will come back to us tenfold. Merry Christmas to All of you. May homes be filled with joy.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 09:16:02 AM »

Jerry:

Many of us have stories that as children have a different memory and with adult hood the truth usually paints the real picture.

My father, a simple man of education - born or poverty and living as a child (the 13th of 13) literally found spoiled food from fruit and veggie vendors and often that was a pot-luck stew that kept the hunger away if for only a day.

In my childhood, I had a extremely handicapped brother who cost my father every penny he made working two jobs to keep alive through endless hospital stays and back in those days children with Cerebral Palsy had no recourse and even less finance to help offset astronomical costs.

I remember several time packages of food magically being at or porch and although without it, we would have food and some gifts, having things like fresh veggies, and extra type of meat on the table and a pie no one expected was a Christmas Miracle. It was Santa to me, not the VFW or other groups - it was Christmas to have food and gifts and a family, even torn and busted from the heart-break of having our own Tiny Tim was heavy on their souls - my parents always we there for us.

Today, both my parents are gone, as my wife's are, but we have each other and the miracle of a comfortable bank account. We obviously earned and saved, but the lessons learned from seeing a young strong couple work and age too quickly really taught me that family isn't money, it isn't gifts, it is love and warmth and the shared look when a child meets the eyes of a parent and through the eyes both thank you and I love you so much are passed silently.

To all - Merry Christmas and God Bless our little Blue Planet.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 09:48:17 AM »

I think that many of us baby boomers (and others) had a pretty hard life growing up, as did our dear wonderful parents.

Yes, I can remember one Christmas when we did not have any power.  My father worked the waters and was a beachcomber, he made great money when he worked and there was lots of logs to pick from the ocean, but then there were very lean times too.  He gave us everything he could, and more.  One Christmas we did not have any power, the hydro had been turned off, we were fortunate it was mild, and we did not have too hard of a time.  But I do remember someone dropping off a hamper of food on our front sidewalk infront of the door.  My mother was actually apalled and very upset.  To think that we did not have very much food, we did not, obviously, but she was very proud.  We had food, she cooked on a little Coleman stove and we ate, and in a few days we had our power back on.  She was the oldest of 13 in her family.  The hard times my mother's family went through was incredible too.

We all have our little stories, and they are all so interesting and so nice to read about.  I am grateful that I have enough of everything to have a comfortable life, not worrying if we are to have our power tomorrow and food on our table.  To all a wonderful and happy winter celebration.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 11:06:03 AM »

we grew up "below the poverty line" but never knew it.  smiley  in those days, a military salary was not meant to support a family.  my mother never worked outside our home, but i remember her staying up very late to sew our clothes, or to do the washing and ironing for other people.  our clothes were home made or second hand, and if we wanted extra, we had to earn our own money.  Christmas was skimpy, but we had fun.  when i got married, we had nothing.  my husband decided he needed to go back to school and along came kids at the same time....wonder what happened to the free cheese lines and powdered milk??  chicken parts can be stretched in creative ways, and PBJ and day old bread work too.  goodwill was cheap in those days.  i knew where every dented can store was.

i feel a little sorry for kids now.  they have missed all the lessons that we learned.  when i go into the "poor" part of town and find all the kids with ipods and 100 dollar shoes, i wonder how poor is now defined?

we missed the great depression and THE WAR.  maybe our parents and grandparents through we were spoiled too?  if our children and grandchildren do not have their character forged through adversity, do we present to the world successively weaker generation?

oh well, today i spoil my already spoiled grandchildren!!!!  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Kirk-o
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 11:29:41 AM »

OH Yeah when I was a kid we wern't rich but we were on the edge.In the winter time my dad didn't work because of the weather.We had a garden fruit trees my mother bottled everything.apple sauce pickles tomatos cucumbers corn we even mad are own soap.I often wished Christmas would be in June.We had plenty from the garden then.My mother woul wash the flour sacks and make a pillow case out of it we used everything.At Christmas we made decorations out of tin foil and cranberries on a string with a thread those were the days
kirko

"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next