Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wayward Pines  (Read 86 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Wayward Pines
« on: September 01, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »
Is anyone watching this? I think it has completed the second season. I went on HULU and watched it all. I didn't pay no attention to the show until the last 2 or 3 episodes of this season.

Basically this scientist foresees climate change as altering the human gnome. So he writes a book about, gives speeches, fund raising, and the such. He builds a place in Utah where he and others selected 1500(?) people; welders, farmers, doctors, law enforcement, ect go to. Some volunteer to go, others are drugged. They are put in this tube in an area with something that preserves them while they sleep. When they emerge 2000 years later what is left of the human race is animalistic. Interesting but it seems once someone becomes a main character - a few episodes later they're dead.
If the time has come to bury your guns, then the time has come to use your guns.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Wayward Pines
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »
It is a great show!!  I started it and lost interest, but then picked it up and binge watched all the way through.  One great thing about it is that it can jump into reinventing the story line and not lose anything.

I'll be interested to see how it develops in the next season.

unique storyline and good characters. 
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
Re: Wayward Pines
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:48:39 PM »
I have been watching it. This season it started out like a repeat of last season with different characters and then it got better.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

anything