Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 22, 2014, 02:41:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Music DVD collection  (Read 3302 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: December 16, 2006, 03:01:48 AM »

I love music DVDs, especially ones with 5.1 and DTS.

I have 37 REM DVDs

Richard Clapton
Cher
Kylie
The Stylistics
Charlie Rich
The Corrs x 4
Live 8
U2 x 4
Joe Cocker
Van Morrison
The Sleepy jackson
Fleetwood mac
The Thrills
Bryan Adams
ACDC 1977
The Magic Numbers
Elton John
Queen
Robbie Williams
Matchbox 20
Cultue Club
Roy Orbison x 3
Roger Whittacker
Simply Red
Coldplay
Barry White
Blood sweat and tears
james taylor
The Highwaymen
Dido
Trance Experience
Augie march
Youth Group

So you see I love a lot of different types of Music, Id love to hear what other people have. afro
Kris^
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 08:15:13 PM »

Music DVDs?  Not many, really.  I have Woodstock (director's cut) and the Qatsi trilogy of movies (which I view as three long Philip Glass Music videos).  Plus Wagner's Die Walkure.  Do the two Disney Fantasia movies count?  Then movies about bands, like Hard Day's Night, Yellow Submarine, Magical Mystery Tour, Head (Monkees), The Jazz Singer, This is Spinal Tap, The Rutles, A Mighty Wind.  Musicals?  Rocky Horror, All That Jazz, Cabaret, Phantom of the Opera, and a few others.  That's about it.

Now other music media -- that's a different story!  Several hundred vinyl LPs, to start my earlier collection, from "Horowitz in Moscow" to the Clash.  Grand Funk, Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, ELP (can you see a pattern -- oops!) Beatles, Hendrix, Carly Simon, Buffy Ste. Marie, CSNY, The Cars, Elvis Costello, Funkadelic, KC and the Sunshine Band, much classical and jazz/fusion.  A few hundred more cassettes & CDs, from collections of bawdy sailor tunes and humpback whale songs to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lorena McKennett, TransSiberia Orchestra, Iron Butterfly -- it goes on.  Then finally, about 83 GB of mp3s I've collected here and there, that runs the range from civil war marches, national anthems and cigarette commercial jingles to more classical, county, rock, pop, jazz, 60s psychedelia -- you name it, there's probably a bit of it in there.  And if that wasn't enough, I'll often times just turn "The Tube" on the TV (on old MTV style music video channel) or stream music channels on ITunes or the old MusicMatch.

I love music, and talented musicians.  I used to be a professional musician, many years ago, but I was just a hack.  Real talent shows.  Watching a virtuoso make their instrument (or voice) sing brings tears to my eyes.  I've sometimes wondered what I would decide if forced to choose between blindness and deafness -- well, as a practical matter, I'd probably choose deafness, but it would be at a very high cost.  The consolation is that I would always have music in my head.

-- Kris
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 04:02:29 AM »

Wow ther are some great blasts from the past there Kris. You gotta love the old vinyl, its making a huge comeback. I remember the Monkees, the first TV band, Elvis Costello is great, KC and the sunshine band toured here a coulple of years ago, who can forget "get up and boogie"! Lynard Skynard, plane crash got them I recall.

Without music, ther would not be life!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 07:25:51 AM »

I have seen,but don't remember where,a record player that records to cd's as it plays you're favorite music.In our area a record player can be a rare find anymore.
We attended a school equipment auction  a few years ago and bought many desktop units they had. We sold all but a couple.they played four different speeds. I beleive it was 16?, 33, 45 and 78.the one speed was a hard to find one on a player so these items were of quite an interest to some.Have a good day! Smiley
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 07:42:45 AM »

I'm not particularly into music, it is good, but my husband LOVES it.  He has many many CDs, our friend is a lover of music too and they always exchange some really good music.  My favourite music goes back quite a long ways.  I don't particularly like much of today's stuff.  Some of my favourites are and we have:
Cat Stevens
Gordon Lightfoot
Bozz Scaggs
Pink Floyd
Eddie Rabbit
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Christopher Cross
Steve Miller Band
Crossby, Stills, Nash and Young
Eric Clapton
Eagles
Wings (over America)

Can't think of others, but he has many and can't stop buying them, I think he has a disease.  Greatest of days. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 01:37:00 AM »

What great taste the other half has, I had forgotten about the Ozarks. cat stevens and Gordon Lightfoot, what nice relaxing music I remember from the 70s. I wagged school to get a good spot when Boz played here ages ago, I still reckon "Silk Degrees" is one of the best albums ever.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 08:47:55 AM »

Mick, here's some more to get the old cobwebs clearing in the mind:

Eric Clapton
Cream
Firefall
Boston
Chicago
Mammas and Pappas
Ry Cooder
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Jimmy Buffett
Jeff Beck

Do these ones trigger those memories?  LOL.  Like I said, he has a disease and can't stop with the music, he's got the music in him.  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 05:03:50 PM »

I dont have many cds but I like all these Jimmy Buffett,acdc,zztop,beatles,beach boys, steve miller band,some pink floyd, eric clapton, eagles, Elton John. Smiley

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 03:31:18 AM »

Oh Cindi, the mammas and the pappas, what a GIANT band, what a colourful history they had, there are some excellent TV docos about them around. California Dreaming etc, amazing music.3

Mama cass, what a name, what a voice.

Ry Cooder, ledgend.
Jimmy Buffet, ditto!
Boston, Chicago, timeless.
Cream, a stand out from the UK.
NGDB, some top songs there.

Jeff Beck, hmm I forget him.

Fireball, I have never heard of, but the old mans taste is soooo good, I have to look em up!

Buzz Jnr, you have a great wide taste in Music for a young bloke. Ask you dad if I can send you the 1977 DVD of ACCADACCA, as we call them.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 09:38:50 AM »

One day I'll go sit by his collection and type out what I see, I am sure there are many more that will triggers those "old time rock and roll" memories.  Great day.  Cindi

Kris^
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 09:20:29 PM »

Jeff Beck, hmm I forget him.

Jeff Beck -- Blow by Blow (the album)

One side starts with the song "Because We Ended as Lovers."  I remember one lazy Sunday afternoon (several decades ago) lounging around at a friend's third floor walk-up apartment, wine and smoke and conversation and laughter, and as the turntable repeated that side over and over again . . .  well, the song was very apropos.   Wink  There's a first time for everything.

Rock 'n roll memories, indeed!

-- Kris
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 12:10:54 AM »

Rock on!!! Cindi

organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 11:00:03 PM »

I have just a few CDs that I love;
neil young, joni mitchell, anne lennox, grateful dead,nucleon, csn&y,supertramp, tracy chapman, cyndi lauper,sultans of bing, sex pistols, zz top, violent femmes, bob marley,fleetwood mac,ziggy marley, tom petty, bernie worrell, marvin gaye,carlos jones, ween, mozart, james last band,glenn miller,stevie wonder,beatles, dylan, stones, jefferson airplane, robert hunter, rob zombie, ac dc, elo, smiths, richie havens,spundog,wolfmother, decemberist,natalie merchant,cars,clash, cure,b-52's, husker du, madonna,lou reed, the pretenders,talking heads, bonnie raitt, jeff beck, clapton, pink floyd,allison krause,ian, willie nelson, johnny cash,gorillaz, john denver, neil diamond, billie holiday,abba, go-gos..... This list really could go on and on,

I also have a great Itunes library. I love music. If you play it I will listen, and most often learn to love it. grin
organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 11:03:13 PM »

I miss read the subject, I thought you were talking about CDs not DVDs. I don't really have any good music DVDs unless you like James Last and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Oh yeah, does The Muppet Movie count as a music DVD? Undecided
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 11:40:25 PM »

I miss read the subject, I thought you were talking about CDs not DVDs. I don't really have any good music DVDs unless you like James Last and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Oh yeah, does The Muppet Movie count as a music DVD? Undecided
organicgirl37, maybe I misread too, I posts that I submitted were talking about music CDs, not DVDs.  Where did you get the impression it was DVD? Your list is fantastical.
David Bromberg
Talking Heads ( I love that group),
Stump, a Fierce Pancake -- Never forget the one where they had a music video and it was something about someone Charleston Heston putting a vest on, they might have had a fish flopping around or something.  Sounds rather strange, but may I am inventing this and it really did not occur.  Hmm...we know our minds can do strange things.  Does this one ring a bell with anyone?
Have a great day.  Cindi

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 06:05:07 PM »

ZZ Top, the dudes with the beards, are they still around?
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 09:01:15 AM »

ZZ Top, the dudes with the beards, are they still around?

Mick, my husband says that ZZ Top is still around, after all these years, and still making the music.  Gotta love music and I got the music in me.  Can't stop thinking of Cat Stevens, songs on Tea for the Tillerman, great album.  Great day.  Cindi

Kris^
Field Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 08:52:23 AM »

ZZ Top made an appearance at the Crossroads guitar festival I saw on PBS a couple weeks ago.  THAT would be a video to have!  Emcee'd by Eric Clapton, with a host guitarists from the old, old days of black blues to today.  What surprised me was the likes of Vince Gill and John Mayer playing some pretty hot licks -- I thought they were strictly commercial (knowing, of course, in the back of my head that Roy Clark and Glenn Campbell were pretty mean guitarists, too).

-- Kris

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 09:19:48 AM »

Kris, that must have been quite a good guitar festival.  Wish I had seen it.  These days I don't seem to watch much TV at all.  Great day.  Cindi

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 10:27:23 PM »

Please Back AWAYfrom the keyboard and place your EYES on the TV!! Smiley
Just Kidding!!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2006, 11:27:16 PM »

Ken, ha!!  Now that's a good idea.  Can't wait for 24 to start up again.  Great day. Cindi

buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 10:53:35 PM »

ACCADACCA is that ACDC? huh

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 11:55:12 PM »

No clue whatsoever.  Great day. Cindi

organicgrl37
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 11:30:58 AM »

I am also a big fan of cat stevens aka jusaf islam. have you heard his newest cd? he is voice is still beautiful.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »

Yes ACDC is known as accadacca here where they formed all those years ago when I was just a baby.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 10:27:47 PM »

Jusaf Islam, yes, he found a new religion?  I have not heard his new cd, yes, I imagine the voice is still the same and powerful.  Great day.  Cindi

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 10:28:57 PM »

Yes ACDC is known as accadacca here where they formed all those years ago when I was just a baby.

Now that is interesting, Australian group, probably hangin' round when you were a youngster.  Awesome through all the ages of our times.  Cindi

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next