Ok well I didnt get past the middle of the three supers. The frames that I had not touched in this super or removed for honey contaned brood. There was a mess of comb that the bees had reworked and fiddled with. I suspect one wax sheet had collapsed or similar,therefore I removed the equivalent of two frames of this.
Now I know Michael B. and Me mate Finsky have just spat out their beer at these photos and are shaking their heads in dismay.
I now know I should have made some preparations and made a split from this mess. I wasnt prepared and Im am new so I have an excuse.
HOWEVER I got an attack of the guilts. There are brood trying to emerge from these cells, crying out fot help, struggling with all their might to get out, 24 hours after being abandoned and left on the concrete for their mates to clean up. There are bees hovering around this comb, not eating the honey, but just looking confused.
The concrete was warm, and they survived, so I just went into 999 breaker breaker good buddy emergency rapid response mode and have done this. Just shoved it all in glued and thats all super. The bood comb in in the warmest spot, unattached and sitting on the concrete. One frame is mangled honey/brood/empty cells. One is full of honey, one is blank and the white comb thrown in for insulation. I moved everyting as close together as I could.
Within 5 minutes the hoverers have headed for this box that has a cardboard lid. They have called for reinforcements from the main hive. Medics are have been airlifted in, smoke signals sent, its all hands on deck! With 3 hours of daylight left, the line might hold.
It may work, I know it is probably "nonsense" Finsky, and MB at this stage needs a good stiff drink I imagine.
I just think its worth effort, even as an excercise, I have nothing to lose.
I will let you know how it goes. In a few days there will be nothing left, or the beginnings of a new hive.
EDIT: I just shoved a frame of bees in there as well for good measure.
Ohh the shame, please dont tell!