Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 17, 2014, 03:54:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget Global Warming!!  (Read 3577 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 09:34:51 PM »

Jorn, good luck.  There is nothing worse than to be beholding to someone that either doesn't like oneself or things that one does.  The garden, bees and garden beneficials are very obviously a love of yours.  It is sad that these things of beauty brought contention into your life.  I am happy for the peace that you say that you will have.  And a further gratefulness is that you will still have internet and be a part of our forum, you have many good thoughts you bring to us.

I am fortunate that everyone that shares my property has been brought up for a love of animals and insects, and all other beautiful natural things in life.  They have been taught, and they will carry on to each their progeny.  I have seen the kids now and then in the way that kids are, torment a leatherjacket.  Now these are indeed something that should be tormented because they don't do an awful lot of good to the lawns.  But, they do have their place, and do many good things, as well as the bad.  I have taken the time to stop the children, explain to them why they should not pull off these stupid long legs that these blundering insects have.  And they stop.  They understand, and hopefully don't continue on with the bugging of the bug.  The leatherjackets are such a nuisance that they even fly into your hair at times, I don't think that they see well.

But.... the leatherjackets' ugly little larvae do bring on the moles in the yard.  But moles have their place too.  The molehills are big.  I go and I push the soil back down into the hole that they make.  Remove a little of the rocks that get pushed out too, and make the earth flat again.  Our lawn is rather spotted looking in places.  But the grass grows back, the moles are still happy because we co-exist and they can still eat the bad underground bugs, I am happy and the whole scenario repeats itself.  The moles only are prominent for a couple of seasons per year, and then I guess they go somewhere else to find other underground bugs. Hmmm....wonder where?  Great day.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 03:23:56 AM »

Jorn:

Denmark — Population: 5,450,661 (July 2006 est.)
United States - Population 300,925,424 (today est.)

Something tells me that our "60 times your population" is a but a portion of the actual exponential cost of National Health Care in the United States. I don't know of the percentages of poor, qualified aged and disabled/handicapped who receive health-care already (and rightly so) and those who fraud the system through multi-generational Welfare Scamming (who should be both drug tested and jailed for their crimes against tax-payers) and the millions of other receiving health benefits from employers, etc., that still leaves a lot of people who scrape to pay as much as $20 and $40 a PILL (trust me, without prescription coverage I could not afford migraine medications - or at least would go without other things to pay for the ridiculously expensive medications) but to think the DEMOCRATS are some sort of Medical Coverage Genie that is just awaiting to be reborn from the ashes to again propose health-care reform is improper and pompous. It is a game of HOT POTATO - when one party is in the House, the other harps on an issue for 4/6/8 years until they gain the House and then the hot potato gets passed. Nothing is ever done with the potato, it is just legislatures never ending game of football. To see TOTAL medical coverage (and prescription here) should arrive after the Mother-ship hovers about the capitol throwing out $100 bills by the trillions. Don't expect such things Jorn, I know you don't live in a fantasy land and neither do we.

I don't think it will ever happen, not to the extent that it might in other smaller and richer countries like Denmark. People think of Americans as 300 million cookie cutter people, all either celebrating or suffering the same triumphs and tragedies - this is so untrue. They are 300 million different stories, an ever growing rich that divides the space between the working families into fewer sub-classes. Working poor with no foreseeable relief, multi-classes of middle class, so vast is it blinding in number. and at the end of the scale, the filthy rich who teeter 95% of all wealth to the mere 5% balanced to the remaining hundreds of millions. If you think Democrats can fix that, I surely would love to hear how.

I'm glad to see a shake up in Washington, I think it is healthy for the country to see what has become a two-party system work. A lame-duck President asking for total nonpartisan politics after both houses turn against his party's control is not a hand of friendship, it is a white flag after a political battle.

To say our President is strong or weak in office at the end of any second term often depends on his ability to pass the ball to his party into the following election - I don't think anyone would want Bush on their campaign route with them. He will quietly disappear for sometime, probably to never serve as many of the latter Presidents have, as Global Humanitarians. When less than 40% of your own citizens think you are doing a good job in office (and that number isn't much higher when only polling his own party) then your need to go forth and try to improve your stature is for your own glory, not that of your Country or the World.

So, as my Dad said so many times "Democrats are just Republicans in cotton underwear" they are all from the same pond, they just crawled out on different shores. Don't expect NOR THINK we need a NATIONAL HEALTH CARE SYSTEM - I don't think it would work here, not now and not ever. Again Jorn, we think differently and you see us through your neutral-country eyes. We sure could have the BEST HEALTH CARE ON EARTH, but we are too darn busy trying to save the rest of the planet from constantly trying to kill itself.

I don't think we should be in the middle of every civil war, but I do think we should prevent genocide, so I think we all to often use our capabilities in the wrong places, but hey... we elected them, they make the decisions and then we complain - that's what Americans do. What we don't do is NOTHING and I think that is what makes the US so special: better to do something and fail than do nothing and fail, the prior is valor, the latter is cowardice. To be Neutral is BLIND.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 11:57:14 AM »

the only problem i have with the shake up in Washington is that the people elected mostly moderate democrats, but the leadership is now pretty far left.  an unintended consequence?

we'll see how it works out, but the left does not have a very good track record on most of the things i care about.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 12:19:29 PM »

End of the world
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »

that would solve global warming!!

this came up in a couple of different discussions, but i'll stick it here.  has to do with rationing some care based on lifestyle.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1917453,00.html
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 08:23:08 PM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BEE C
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »

I have to agree with that the NICE guidlines, it has always bothered me that people who destroy there bodies can find replacement parts, and keep on with self destructive habits.  Thats one big reason I quit smoking....however I think enticement to healthy lifestyle is a more ethical approach to this.  Tax breaks for healthy living should be given. Provincially there was some talk about this here, not that anything will come from it for quite some time.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 04:46:01 PM »

problem with rationed care, or people deciding that certain others don't deserve care, is that you may be next on the list.

should we spend money treating the elderly?  how about children with birth defects?  what if, with genetic testing, we decided to withhold treatment from the children of parents who have babies knowing that the babies could be defective?  how about someone who engages in extreme sports?  they are risking injury.  how about euthanasia?  if a baby is born defective, should a doctor be able to kill it?  that's already being done quietly in Europe and talked about openly as policy.  euthanasia of the elderly is already quietly practice.  how about the mentally ill?  why spend millions of dollars on treatment if they are not productive?

you see how it can go.  if it seems far fetched, do a google search of euthanasia in the Netherlands.  when you have digested that, add "infants" to the search.  also check out england and Belgium.

is this where we want to go?  especially in light of the original premise of this thread.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 10:31:29 PM »

Hey, we practice euthanasia in the United States; it's called partial birth abortion.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Kirk-o
Queen Bee

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »

Yes it is sad there are 30,000  homeles in L A county were I live its sad
kirk-o

"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next