Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 02:47:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lengthy posts  (Read 1213 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: December 04, 2006, 12:15:40 PM »

I was wondering if anybody can answer a rather strange question.  Do you think that anyone that uses the forums objects to posts that are very lengthy in text.  Sometimes when I tell a story I know that I can get pretty long-winded and I was wondering if anybody was bugged by reading long stories.  Just wondering what the other forum members thought.  Great day all, Cindi
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 02:58:39 PM by Robo » Logged

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 01:26:49 PM »

Doesn't bug me.   If I find them too long I just move on...  That's the great part about these forums, if there is something your not interested in then, well, don't read it.  As long as your following the rules of the forum (no profanity, no direct attacts, etc.)  type away til your fingers are content. Beemaster has been getting away with it for years now tongue

And yes,  you can still say Merry Christmas here too shocked

Just being honest grin

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 01:37:13 PM »

Well Cindi...

From the KING of long posts, (me that is) I can't tell simple stories in short form, it is not a gift I have. Telling long-winded, but hopefully entertaining tales is something I take pride in. For those of us who don't type 120 WPM it is often an effort to express ourselves in long verse, so I am proud of those willing to take that time to post their opinions, ideas, thoughts, knowledge and questions - no matter how long or short it takes.

My wife has said I could do 40 pages on how a paperclip works, and she is right - it would be thorough and enlightening by time I was done, but somehow the reader would know all they needed to know about paperclips. Beekeeping is like that, the simplest motion of a bee, or the uncontrolled instinctual actions as they progress in age cannot be stated in few words - it takes volumes. To try and decipher their evolutionary traits is the stuff that has filled volumes of library shelves. How would we do better by trying to limit our word to the fewest possible, especially if the meaning of the post was lost in the editing?

I enjoy long posts, I'll be honest and say that I use a TEXT TO SPEECH program (like that in Ventrilo's text chat room) called Text-Aloud and Ultra-Hal to read longer posts (and most anything else: like web pages, emails, etc.) but just because I don't physically read them doesn't mean I don't like them - it just allows me the option to walk around and do other things while I listen comfortably.

That's just my opinion, but as long as there is a point to a message, its length is irrelevant.

P.S. as I wrote this Robo replied to your topic - Rob, bite me  tongue and Merry Christmas!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 01:41:05 PM »

AS Robo says, we can just move on. But I will let you know I do skim over anything that is pretty long. I like short, sweet, and to the point. I'm afraid sometimes my post are too abbreviated and I don't get the message across.

And you can not say Merry Christmas here.   
You can type it out.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:45:37 PM »

P.S. as I wrote this long winded reply to a simple question,Robo replied to your topic - Rob, bite me  tongue and Merry Christmas!

Good thing you posted that at the end or I might have missed it skimming thru response. tongue

Merry Christmas to you too

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 01:54:50 PM »

And you can not say Merry Christmas here.   

Contraire

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 02:04:56 PM »

My wav file sounded funky here - found out it was my Winamp acting up (had a tough workout lastnight with it - lol) and I deleted the post until I was sure it was me and not the board - Getting pretty good on this end Smiley

Tried your wav file too - my winamp must be dying - time to upgrade.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 02:47:06 PM »

No. That sent me to something totally different from this page. I hear nothing on this page. grin

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 02:52:08 PM »

Tried your wav file too - my winamp must be dying - time to upgrade.

John,

Give VLC a try.   I started using it for all my media stuff.  I got tired of all the codec crap with media player.  I haven't had anything I couldn't play on VLC yet,  wish I could say that for media player.  Granted I'm not a heavy user like you, but give it a try. You can even use your WinAmp skins grin

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »

Ha, Beemaster, Robo, and jerrymac, you all gotta make me laugh, laughing is a good and so healthy outlet.  So long winded or short, I feel as though it does not matter anymore if I choose to be lengthy, I know that I can and may, when the occasion arises.  I have some funny stories about me and my bees and will be typing some of them pretty soon.  We are still in Kelowna, waiting for the finishing touches on the kitchen reno.  Can't figure out how something that looks so simple and be taking so long, I have been the couch foreman since Saturday morning and I still can't figure it out.  But that is OK, I am being fed, I am resting, relaxing and treated like a Queen by my daughter, maybe I won't go home.  My kingdom at home is that of a slave (LOL).  All I seem to do there is work (unless I am outside, then it begins in to realm of playing).  All have a great day.  I'm going to see if I can cheerlead these guys into getting the job done!!  ha, ha. Chio.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next