Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 08:24:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving personal messages  (Read 606 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: November 14, 2006, 12:10:06 AM »

Can't figure out how to save a personal message that has been sent inthe forum.  Help anyone?  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:11:33 AM »

Hiya Cindi:

Look close at you "MY MESSAGES" page once you click on the my messages button in the tab bar between PROFILE and CALENDAR - You should see a current listing of 15 message to choose from, sorted from furthest back in this listing to newest. If you look at the BOTTOM of the list of messages to the left size in the same dark blue box as DELETE MESSAGE, you will see a ( Page 1,2,3,4, etc.,) option - this allows you to look at the PREVIOS SCREENS of past 15 messages.

You just click on each page to find the message you want from the changing lists OR there is a search feature in the upper left corner next to FIRST MESSAGE in LISTING (just below Inbox/Outbox options) you can search by membername, topic, keyword, etc.

To print is a little trick (after all they are messages, not emails. You can CHOOSE PRINT PREVIEW in your browsers print window and which page had the PMs you wish to print on, then in the print mode choose the right pages.

For examle: I have 5 pages of PMs, that generates 12 pages of printing if I choose to print all of it. Let's say there is one main PM I want, I can 1) highlight the text, send it to Word, or whatever document text program and paste it there - thus printing only THAT message ( or ) I look at my print preview, see which page the message falls on, and tell the printer to print (let's say) page 4,5 of the listing only.

By copying and pasting your PMs to a word dock (that whole right mouse key thingy is handy) you have reater control. It allows you to resize the fonts to better fill the page for easy viewing, etc.

So, the PM is mostly for viewing a scroll of Private Messages to you, where emails are easier to print individually without cutting and pasting. Hope that helps - but there surely are many ways to search and print you PMs.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next