Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 26, 2014, 12:57:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 703 times)
Colorado Beekeeper
New Bee

« on: November 10, 2006, 01:11:10 PM »

Hi,
Maybe some of you have been wondering where I have been the past six months.
First my grandmother died in april,then my dad got cancer and has been having treatment.That plus other things has kept me away from the forum but I will try to stay with ya!

Kenneth Lowry
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 02:56:35 PM »

Kenneth:

Glad to have you back, hope you like the new forum software and please stick around. Sorry to hear of your family health issues - I lost my Mom is September, we shared our home my entire life and losing her is still heavy on my mind and heart, although things are getting better, I miss her so very much.

Those who are lucky to not have experienced grief, they will not understand how crippling it can be. The anxiety and emptiness is something we all will experience eventually, it is the close relationships that are toughest to lose, so much of yourself is intertwined with the other. And seeing a loved on slowly fading away before your eyes as you stand helpless yet supportive is at best all we can do.

I have a friend who has had strained relationships with his father for decades. My own situation and suffering has helped him see that he can be the better man and fill their closing years with good memories, not bitter ones. I expressed to him strongly that "It is NOT what you do, but THAT you DID IT" which is the important thing. Spend what time you can, even if it is only listening to the stories you never spent the time prior to sit still for, or play a game of gin rummy. Even ask a simple question "What do you want to tell me that you never have before?" is a great way to learn something that will stay with you forever.

When a person is ready to leave us, we may not have the blessed luxury of saying goodbye or I love you. Don't ever let that stop you from saying it now - it is only to late, when it is to late.

Please read these posts - I think you could use a spiritual lift about now. I hope they bring you some guidance in the days ahead. God Bless you and your family.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=6683.0
http://www.beemaster.com/hometown/johng.htm

I wish your father the best and hope that his treatments keep him with you and healthy for a very long time.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 03:00:33 PM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:17:48 PM »

I just noticed the Loveland Colorado location. Once when I was a youngster there was a little merry-go-round in a park there that you operated by turning a crank from one of the seats. My cousins and I played on that thing till we puked.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Kirk-o
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:31:07 PM »

were glad you are bad Be WELL BE Happy
kirk-o

"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next