Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Coffee's Ready  (Read 64974 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Coffee's Ready
« Reply #580 on: March 22, 2015, 03:05:58 AM »
Thanks for writing Annette - thought my post went over like a fart in church  :embarassed:

My knees have been an issue since my teens. I had physical therapy for 2 years then. In my early 20s, I had a lateral releasal done after my leg gave out, hyper-flexed and was operated on after being taken from a bowling alley where I was on a league.

I was in a sold cast for 4 months and a removable one for 2 - then had another year of therapy and another year of some heavy pain. I had never felt anything like when I compressed both medial meniscus - literally it felt like I took a hammer to a piece of rubber and smashed it until it split in pieces.

November they did the left and except for my left knee doing most the walking and the right doing most the limping - my left has been okay, but has days where it takes on too much of the load and hurts as well.

I'm looking forward to the surgery, this is horrible and I know the next day I felt soooo much better with the left knee. The problem though with the right is arthritis is bad and my knee cap is greatly thinned out on the inner side. This is all a result from the original surgery in 1989 and the lateral release. Your knees should track forward and back with little movement to the sides, but the lateral releasal has allowed my knee area to move in circular and oval tracking instead of linear - grooving out my knee over 25 years. So it's all caught up.

Next will be knee replacement, hopefully a few years away.

As far as work, roughly 5.5 years to reach my highest "three year" base salary to lock my pension in to a good number - that will give me 43 years at 62.5 years old. Then I'm out of there. I'm so glad I final got my big job promotion to lead operator about 1.5 years ago, it takes 3 more years to get to my top step and at 62.5 I'll have 3 years at that max rate. It should all work out - God willing.

So that's it, I have two 4-12 shifts, 2 days off and then surgery. I just want low pain level so I can get back on the mo-impact bike at work and start burning some calories - These for 4 months my metabolism has gone to crap and I need to build it back up.

Oh, believe me, you are at every Bud Event - if we had one thing we could call a Bud's Olympic Torch, you know darn well it would be your parasol. I know you say it is JPs, but it has much more meaning than that!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #581 on: March 25, 2015, 03:58:32 PM »
John

I thought you were close to retirement, like soon.

Sorry about your knees and I hope your doing better with the recent surgery you just had.  Keep in touch how you are doing.

Warmer weather would help with the spirit thats for sure. You have endured an ugly winter but soon it will be over.

Take Care
Annette

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #582 on: April 02, 2015, 09:16:03 PM »
i really got to get my internet back on i miss so much doing this remote wifi nonsense, good wishes for the surgery beemaster and enjoy your retirement annete, almost thawed out here, been the warmest winter i can remember in alaska
vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #583 on: April 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »
Hillbilly, I know what you mean about living in a world of hotspots - I think few people would want that hassle. Before my iPhone I had an iPod and while making the rounds where I work, I had to find wifi and I had one good spot (kinda out of site) and a few too obvious to park even on a coffee break.

I never got an iPhone until AFTER Hurricane Sandy put us without electricity for 8 days - well, I use Sandy also for my reason for getting guns and rightfully so. When you lose a connection with the world, one that a few decades ago no one would have missed - it is a lonely feeling. I worked 4-12 shifts that week and my wife was alone at home in a neighborhood of 300 homes and only 1 in 10 with generators - it was eerie and I was not comfortable her home alone, neither was she. The only way I could share the outside world with her was through screen-shots I took from the work computer on my iPod.

Near work we have an AT&T tower and only 2 of us have their service, the others mostly with Verizon have to go out in the parking lot to get phone service and forget about Internet. Meanwhile, I can watch streaming videos while they get text messages from 2 hours ago. It's good to be at the top of the heap once in a while. Frankly, I couldn't pay for service like they get. Hands down in most of NJ AT&T is continuous service in 4G LTE, rarely does the LTE even drop out.

So at home, if cable goes down, I'm still in touch with the world through my phone. My wife is getting interested in a smartphone, but has no interest in the iPhone, even the 6+ - she likes the Samsungs and such, which isn't a problem since nearly every app now has a version in both devices. But I wouldn't wish a Windows phone on anyone. Mainly cause of the lack of apps and their obvious interest to have none. I guess the thinking was "We'll take Windows 8 which sucks and SHRINK it so we can add SMALL to its annoyance!" great marketing lolol.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #584 on: April 11, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »
Well looking over some facebook posts last night and it looks like the 7th annual gathering at Buds is off to a great start. Wish I could have made it this year. It's always a good time. :smile:

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
Will any photos or videos be made to the bee forum?? I don't do face book.

Offline GSF

• Super Bee
« Reply #586 on: April 14, 2015, 04:35:30 PM »
We really regret not making it to Buds as well. What a great bunch of folks over there! btw, I caught 15 swarms in my beeyard in a little over 2 weeks.
"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #587 on: May 03, 2015, 08:27:54 AM »
We are up and welcoming another fine spring day here in N Central PA.
 I am recovering from surgery to correct a radial nerve problem in my right arm as well as carpal tunnel release while they had me down.Hopefully this remedies the 8 months of pain and numbness in the right hand and forearm. Start therapy tomorrow to tone and restrengthen the affected area.
 Be sure to read this slowly as I typed it slowly with my left hand. :smile:
But as I started out,we are going to enjoy this day that has been given us.With blooms sun and bees flying,it just doesn't get any better!

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #588 on: May 07, 2015, 03:20:10 PM »
YIPEE! just got my internet back on!  took 3 days for the  :angry: collection agency to process the payment  :angry: but i'm finally back up.  had a talk with the provider about doing business in a seasonal economy community and i think we have that straightened out now.  i also now have an internet capable phone but the screen is so tiny i cant even use it with my reading glasses.  a surveyor i sometimes work for just set a hive i havent had a chance to connect up when he's working on it but once i get it from my phone onto mky computer i'll post a pic in here somewhere of the hive anyway maybe next year i'll move from wannabee to real beek :grin:
vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?

anything