Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 11:30:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Politics 101  (Read 307 times)
GSF
Super Bee

« on: October 21, 2014, 08:59:17 PM »

(just my opinion...of course)

If you start with a cage containing five monkeys, and inside the cage hang a banana on a string from the top, and then you place a set of stairs under the banana, before long a monkey will go to the stairs and climb toward the banana.   As soon as he touches the stairs, you spray ALL the monkeys with cold water.   After a while another monkey makes an attempt with same result -- ALL the monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.   Now, put the cold water away.   Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new monkey. The new monkey sees the banana and attempts to climb the stairs. To his shock, ALL of the other monkeys beat the Monkey Crap out of him.   After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.   Next, remove another of the original five monkeys, replacing it with a new monkey.   The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment -- with enthusiasm -- because he is now part of the "team."   Then, replace a third original monkey with a new monkey, followed by the fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked.   Now, the monkeys that are beating him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs. Neither do they know why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.   Finally, having replaced all of the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys will have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, not one of the monkeys will try to climb the stairway for the banana.   Why, you ask? Because in their minds, that is the way it has always been!

This, my friends, is how today's House and Senate operates; and this is why, from time to time:
   ALL of the monkeys need to be  REPLACED AT THE SAME TIME! 

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:00:51 AM »

The Senate and House election cycles are set up so this could never happen. I personally don't believe your solution is necessary.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 06:25:41 AM »

Would love to see them all replaced permanently and let the people have the power for a change.  Next best thing would be term limits (like 1!) since they’ve got the system rigged for the incumbents.  Since neither of the first 2 will ever happen, it would be nice to at least change the qualifications so that you have to have an IQ of at least 120 to even run for office.  Why do we have some of the dumbest of the dumb running things?  It makes no sense.  Yeah, you can blame the voters, but if the dumb are no longer allowed to hold office, surely we would get better people running things; in both parties.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:23:06 AM »

I don't believe most are dumb. They are dumb like a fox. They are masters at deception.
The fact they keep spending money we don't have  and assuming powers not granted them is arrogance in the least.
 In reality,it is the ones who vote them in that only know what they see in the ads in the months preceding election. Compare those that touted Obama a few years ago to the ones now that won't even acknowledge they voted for everything this Administration proposed.
 The past few years have been a act of divide and conquer. They want to destroy traditional marriage. They want to neuter the genders. They have put more people out of work  an trying to import more illegal workers to flood the welfare programs and some compete for the few full time jobs available. They are fighting us tooth and nail for energy independence.
 They use agencies to make laws. Saving them from actually facing  the wrath of the "governed".
They are destroying the Constitution legislatively and via executive fiat. The procedure for writing law is spelled out in easy steps in our Constitution. It has been activist judges and Bully Pulpit dictators working on fear that have eroded the powers limited to the people and the states. I also place the blame at state level legislators and governors for passing the buck and ceding powers to the central government.
The ball of political correctness has evolved into an almost unstoppable entity. And what really worries me in this digital age is that books will disappear altogether and history will more easily be altered by those in charge.   More later.
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:42:36 AM »

>Would love to see them all replaced permanently and let the people have the power for a change.

Democracies are so fair.  We can all vote for Socrates to drink hemlock and die, and we can outvote him.  I think we should all vote for BlueBee to send us all $100 each week and outvote him...

As Lenard Wibberley says in "The Mouse That Roared", "It is quite impossible for a democracy to work without one side imposing it's will on the other.  So although you have popular representation, in its truest form, you haven't got a government." 

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
jayj200
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 09:11:55 AM »

it would leave the office staff in power to maneuver all the dummies to do their bidding. as they are the only ones that have seen how it all works
this would be a bad idea

let the people decide vote them out in an orderly fashion
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 03:28:36 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it a dozen more if I must, if everyone could agree for just one election cycle to vote 3rd party(no returning R or D) they would get the message- We better straighten up or next cycle we're all out too.

Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 07:58:29 AM »

>I've said it before and I'll say it a dozen more if I must, if everyone could agree for just one election cycle to vote 3rd party(no returning R or D) they would get the message- We better straighten up or next cycle we're all out too.

Amen.  I always vote for an independent when I get the chance, for that very reason.  But everyone says you're "wasting your vote".  But I say if you vote for the Remocrats or the Depublicans you are "wasting your vote"...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 09:12:27 AM »

Good post Buzz.

since we are talking politics and voting when you go to vote keep in mind some of the polices that have been pushed through by this liberal congress and put in place illegally  by Obama and the things that are going to be put in by this liberal adminastration after the election.
Examples:
Amnesty, Obama is planning on giving cards to 35 to 40 million immigrants,  
Obama Care, cost for working people's insuance is going up if it hasn't already.
Energy cost is going up because of Obama's EPA regulations.
Racial tension that has been spread by Obama, Holder and Sharpton.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »

i understand the impulse to vote 3rd party.  i have it every election cycles.  however....the result is usually that the least competent person wins.  the 3rd party candidate almost always pulls votes from the candidate you would vote for if the 3rd party person were not there.  exceptions would be the green party nuts, and groups like that.  then you have candidates like squeaky little ron paul who cared more that his sycophants stayed true, than that we got 4 more years of Obama.

so yes, you are throwing your vote away when you vote 3rd party, but worse, you inflict on the country what is usually the worst candidate to win.  some damage will never be undone, but you can try to  embrace the fact that you didn't contribute to the damage....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: Today at 05:14:43 AM »

If I recall, HR Perot gave us Bill Clinton. applause  Hardly the worst candidate!  You do remember the 1990s (after Bush Sr) right?  Just imagine the damage Read My Lips and Quayle would have done with another 4 years.  I shiver at the thought.  I wonder if they have Potatoes on that IQ test?

A 3rd party isn't going to fix the mess in Washington.  They've taken control and are not going to give it back!  The other problem with a 3rd party would be constant gridlock.  The do nothing GOP is bad enough, but if you have to get a consensus among 3 groups you might as well start betting on pigs flying.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:24:41 AM »

If I recall, HR Perot gave us Bill Clinton. applause  Hardly the worst candidate!  You do remember the 1990s (after Bush Sr) right?  Just imagine the damage Read My Lips and Quayle would have done with another 4 years.  I shiver at the thought.  I wonder if they have Potatoes on that IQ test?

A 3rd party isn't going to fix the mess in Washington.  They've taken control and are not going to give it back!  The other problem with a 3rd party would be constant gridlock.  The do nothing GOP is bad enough, but if you have to get a consensus among 3 groups you might as well start betting on pigs flying.
[/quote

Clinton never misspelled potato or had sex with that woman or lied under oath. Your hero for sure.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: Today at 09:59:44 AM »

The do nothing GOP is bad enough, but if you have to get a consensus among 3 groups you might as well start betting on pigs flying.

the reason nothing is getting done in congress is that Harry has everything sitting on his desk and won't allow votes.  the cure for that might be that the Senate needs to re-examine it's rules and fix them so that they can't be changed, as they were by the dems, so that one party has complete say in what comes up for a vote.

as for Clinton, yeah, he was a prize.  what, exactly, did he do that was so great?  refresh my memory.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next