Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: No apolitical!  (Read 199 times)

Online cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
No apolitical!
« on: September 25, 2016, 07:05:06 PM »
Are we not becoming too right wing here? I understand everyones right to free speech, but the over represntation of the likes of iddee etc (nothing againts iddee?(provides great fun!) But is it not time for the altenative view to make a stand!
Of course us outsiders can't have an influentse on the outcome of the election (albeit they wish they had!)
I look in on the 'coffee house' quite regulary but have been disapointed in the onesided slant of recent posts.
Please  if anyone has an alterative view please post!!! Otherwise the coffee house may die of bordom!
Regards
Cider
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: No apolitical!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »
Here you go.

http://www.aol.com/

When the other side goes 90 degrees to the left, we have to go 90 degrees right to balance. The Huffington Post, aka AOL, is as far left as Calif., so you can easily find your balance there. We will continue to try to balance it to the right here.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »
Iddee
I was referring to the coffee house, I can find alternatives all over the world but the preponderance of opinion seems to be to the boondocks, sorry, please disregards that, should I say to the right of congenital opinion.
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Online cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 07:47:04 PM »
Or even consensual opinion. (It is late here and I've had a few beers!) Anyone know the correct spelling? Lol

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »
Maybe that's because all the other sites you are talking about are also completely one sided. That's the problem with government today, both in the USA and GB. No compromise. We have to be full right on the coffee house to balance out the full lefts. Hang around, we may be able to teach you something.   :tongue:   :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline chorrylan

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 10:40:32 PM »

Maybe that's because all the other sites you are talking about are also completely one sided.
But... this forum is pretty much my view into the us ... and .. I've had to revise my perspective of yankee society... apparently they're much more redneck , right wing, gun totin and obsessed with bees than I ever realised 

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Online Dallasbeek

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:12:42 PM »
We had a member until a year or so ago that provided a counterbalance to the views of many members.  Blueboy was a good guy who argued well, but after a while he dropped out.  An opposing viewpoint, arguing well and with the thick skin to withstand the onslaught of our more conservative members (myself among them) would be welcome.  We could all profit from a good give and take.  But it has to be kept at a rational level.  Personal attacks will result in banishment, regardless of which side insigates the attack.  Argue the facts in the forum and you may well be inunndated by oposing views, but we will (mostly) tolerate your presence and try to convince you of your terribly erroneous views.  If you feel up to the task, cidersabuzzin, please have a go at it.  Just don't be offended when we respond.  I do think Blueboy was a far better adversary because he was a homegrown liberal, supposedly with the same advantage of seeing the truth as we Americans see it (though failing to comprehend the truth of what he saw), but a Brit should understand the concept of (where is it in the UK that you take a stand [I think in a park] and spouting off with impunity.

We feel free to express our thoughts and feelings in the Coffee House and you should as well.  Please don't begrudge us for our doing so and we'll try to forgive you for your views.  Welcome to our world.  Long may you enjoy our company.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 11:20:01 PM »
""I've had to revise my perspective of yankee society... apparently they're much more redneck , right wing, gun totin and obsessed with bees than I ever realised""

Thank You for the compliment. I try hard to be a good example of all the above.

Dallas, I think you mean Bluebee. Yes, he was great. I really enjoyed our conversations.

Cider, search for bluebee and read some of his left wing posts. If you can write and think on his level, you are MORE then welcome here. In fact, you will be appreciated.

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Dallasbeek

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 11:27:49 PM »
Maybe what I was getting to is, don't complain about the imbalance.  Step up and provide an alternative.  We conservatives in the United States of America have suffered an imbalance for many years of liberals running our country into the ground (that's our view, okay?) and we are voicing our displeasure with that.  If you want to have a dialog about it, join in.  If not, you are welcome in other parts of this forum that deal strictly with keeping bees.  But you are, indeed, welcome to join our discussion.  Just please understand that we are by nature rebels, as King George discovered.

Iddee, thank you for joining my invitation to our British cousin.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online Dallasbeek

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 11:30:36 PM »
And yes, I stand corrected.  I stand corrected.  It was Bluebee, and he was a delightful adversary.

Online Dallasbeek

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 11:34:35 PM »
As our illustrious president Harry Truman (Democrat) said, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 02:06:14 PM »
Cider,

In the US, the more liberal portion of society tends to live in the urban cities, and the bigger the city, the more liberal they tend to be.  The less densely populated areas tend to be more conservative, both in lifestyle and politics.
 Beekeepers are, in general, living and working in the country or the suburbs, so tend to be more conservative, and thus your perceived "imbalance".  Just the nature of things.

that's my tuppence.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 06:30:36 PM »
In the US, the more liberal portion of society tends to live in the urban cities, and the bigger the city, the more liberal they tend to be. 

The same can be said of other countries. 

I think the different mentality is the illusion that people in the city labor under that because they are so close and have all these services at hand, they are interdependent, and also inter-supportive.  They have to live in a different way because they are on top of each other.  what they do not seem to realize is that the nature of man is not different from city to country.  The nature of man is simply suppressed by living conditions in the city. 

people in the country are more dependant on themselves and like it that way.  Not that they will not step in and help when it is needed, but they are not up in each others business all the time.  They also realize the fragility of life and society in a way that city people do not. 

City people depend on a bunch of government provided services and this leads them to believe that government is good.  The more the government regulates the better they seem to like it. 

There is a divide, but it is not unique to this country. 

What alternative views would you like?  would you like to hear how great Hillary is?   :wink:

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #13 on: Today at 12:13:35 PM »
>But... this forum is pretty much my view into the us ... and .. I've had to revise my perspective of yankee society... apparently they're much more redneck , right wing, gun totin and obsessed with bees than I ever realised

Yes, we are.

>In the US, the more liberal portion of society tends to live in the urban cities, and the bigger the city, the more liberal they tend to be.  The less densely populated areas tend to be more conservative, both in lifestyle and politics.

Yes, I think that's probably the main difference.  Urban vs Rural.  I was up by Chicago for a few months building a Church back when I was living in Western Nebraska.  The carpenters were discussing the last time they had been mugged... then the conversation wandered into guns.  One of them actually knew someone who carried a gun in his truck.  I laughed.  They said, you probably have a gun rack in your truck and drive around with a rifle in it.  I said I had never before been on a job site where guns didn't outnumber the workers at least four to one.  Most have a high powered rifle, a .22, a shotgun and a pistol.  They might take more if they were going hunting.  Then they might pack a 10 gauge goose gun as well.  All the carpenters I knew had a gun rack for their level and, of course, filled the rest out with other guns and those overflowed to behind the seat...  The only time they weren't loaded was during deer season because the game warden would accuse you of "road hunting" otherwise.  Many would have a .357 or a .44 on the dash of the truck in plain site.

This of course was shocking to these guys who lived near Chicago.  But then I told them, not only have I never been mugged, but before today I'd never MET anyone who had been mugged...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything