Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Are you better off than you were six years ago  (Read 259 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Are you better off than you were six years ago
« on: May 03, 2015, 10:28:54 AM »
Reagan asked if we were better off than four years ago when he was running for President. I think this really needs to be asked again.
Do you feel secure in the future? Has your bottom line improved? Do you have any faith in our current leadership? Do you have faith in anything in Washington?
Do you trust your representatives? Will our republic as we know it survive when we have a congress,executive and legislative branch all refusing to uphold the Constitution?
There is trouble of unseen magnitude brewing in the Middle East. Unrest is being advocated on our streets by the leftists in our country.The corruption in our leadership has ballooned even more than the national debt the past six years.
Is this the Hope and Change so many voted for? Or is it because of the silent majority who stand by and just watch it unfold and say nothing.
 People need to be calling and writing their reps and let their voices be heard.Or take to the streets and take our country back from the thugs and agitators.
But  i do not think silence is or ever was the answer.
Two years between election cycles doesn't work unless we are able to completely purge those that are not willing to return to the Constitutional government.

Online Dallasbeek

• Field Bee
Re: Are you better off than you were six years ago
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 12:06:24 PM »
Most people alive today did not personally experience the mistakes of the 1930s and 1940s, so they are doomed to experience a repeat of those mistakes now.  Silent majority?  I think thet are in a coma and they'll only wake up when they are enslaved.  Hillary has made no secret of her desire to amend or repeal the First Amendment.  Of course, it has long been obvious she'd like to repeal the Second Amendment.  To make her plans work, the 2nd has to fall first.  Otherwise the armed population would rebel at having their First Amendment rights taken away.  Only armed citizens stand against Hillar and her dictatorship plans.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Eric Bosworth

• House Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 12:25:47 PM »
"Are you better off than you were six years ago"
No... The government is still using fear-mongering to promote its agenda. We claim to be fighting terrorism but the only way to do that effectively is to not allow ourselves to be terrorized. I refuse to believe anything that our government says. I saw something that said that the problem with any government system be it democracy, communism or almost anything other than dictatorship is corruption. Well... I would have to say that that is certainly a large part of the problem.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »
> We claim to be fighting terrorism but the only way to do that effectively is to not allow ourselves to be terrorized.

Amen.
Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen

Offline phill

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:19:08 PM »
Amen again.

It pained me-- since I grew up there-- to hear the "Boston Strong" claims after the Marathon bombing. A major city was completely shut down by a couple of overgrown kids with homemade explosives. I don't mean to minimize the damage they did; it was awful. But especially once we knew who was responsible, it was a horrible decision to lock down the city.

Offline Eric Bosworth

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 10:24:36 PM »
My cousin's wife finished the marathon about 5 minutes before the bombing. I agree that shutting down cities and events is the wrong approach.

Online Dallasbeek

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 11:35:16 PM »
The purpose of terrorists is, of course, to terrorize.  When we succumb to terror, they have succeeded.  When we are forced to remove shoes, belts, etc., by the Transportation Safety Administration, it's the result of our government reacting to previous terrorist attempts (as if the terrorists are going to keep trying the failed strategies until they succeed-- isn't that the supposed Einstein definition of insanity?).  Meanwhile, terrorists are thinking up other schemes to kill a few dozen/hundred/thousand Americans.  They can fail 100, 1,000 or whatever times, but when they have one success, we're thrown into a state of fear.  Whereupon, they have succeeded in terrorizing us. 

The answer?  I don't know, but armies are renowned for fighting the last war and I think anti-terror thinkers are becoming renowned for countering the last terrorist threat, not the one just around the corner.  I've always felt the best crime-fighters were the ones who thought like criminals.  Maybe we need to foster that kind of thinkers.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline gww

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 12:42:37 AM »
I know this is off subject but what kills me is that the citizens don't get mad when the goverment doesn't allow a person to buy enough suitifed at one time to make it through a weekend of sickness with out haveing to go back to the store and infect every one else just cause they are afraid some one will make meth.  Why would a sick guy who is doing nothing wrong want to suffer to keep somebody from making meth.

We don't want to let a illeagle mexican to get a liesence so now we can't get one till we take a birth certificate with us.

It reminds me of work where they would make everyone where kevlar sleaves in 100 degree wether rather then just corden of or put a gaurd over a sharp item.

They want to make a law that a minor caught with a cigerette has to spend jail time.  I don't want my kids to smoke but don't want them in jail if they do and don't want to pay a lawyer if they do.

I don't guess my rant really means much cause I have talked to a lot of poeple that are happy the government does these things.

The other half of the laws are made to run small buisness out of buisness so that only big buisness is left. 

A perfect example is what they did with liesences to sell guns.  The fee to do it goes from $10 to $500.  They are not outlawing guns just deciding who can make money off them.

My veiw is I would rather have my pocket knife in my pocket on a plane rather then give it to them if I forget it in my pocket.  You can't defend against some crazy who doesn't care about his own saftey an has the intention of dieing.  You defanatly can't do it by me losing a pocket knife that I carry every day of my life.
Cheers
gww

Offline Eric Bosworth

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:19:26 AM »
I think of things I did as a kid. Many are illegal now. Why? Because I might get hurt. I went on a family trip from NY to Florida where my sister and I rode in the back of a pickup truck. It was great we could make all the noise we wanted. It didn't bother our parents at all. Now that is too dangerous. We need to be protected from ourselves. When my uncle lived between Reno an Carson City I went on a ski trip and he made a great comment about moving to Nevada. He said "in NY it wasn't bad enough that the government was involved in all sorts of things it had no business doing but worse than that the people think the government should do all of these things and more." I have a T shirt that says "if you can't trust people with freedom how can you trust people with power?" I don't trust people with power... But then... I do trust people with freedom.