Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: uninspected end of my season.  (Read 838 times)

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
Re: uninspected end of my season.
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 03:56:34 PM »
You should be able to open the draft and send it.  If not, open it, copy it, then start a new message, paste and send.

Thanks I went to drafts a looked at then saw post it now. Didnt even see that the first time. Meds must have kicked in. Sleepy now.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Queen Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
Maaaan, that sounds like more bad stuff.  We all wish you well, John.  Do that rehab, even if it hurts like fire, John.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 05:33:28 PM »
Glad the surgery went well and really sad the IV got screwed up.   At least you didn't have an allergic reaction to the morphine.  [I've seen that and it's ugly.]   Hang in there.   Stay positive and think creatively and you'll find something awesome to keep your brain and hands busy.    We're all sending good prayers your way.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 05:53:48 AM »
Hang in there John. Work hard on the physical therapy. Do as much as they allow you to. It will really make a difference on your recovery.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »
John, an old friend at work had a saying I adopted. He used it every time things got bad or stupid;

...this too shall pass...

He always said it softly and slowly.
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.

Plato

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2016, 12:36:50 AM »
Just a update. Went to post-op appt. Today. They took sutures out. 18. X-ray of the shoulder. Three pins and three screws. Out at least another month before they decide about rehabilitation. They just want me to hang my arm down and swing it in small circles. Man I never would thought that just dangling your arm and moving it in a quarter size circle could hurt so much you want to pass out. Man I'm start to fear rehab.   :cry: then got a call for another cutout today.  :cry:. Just one day at a time.

Later friends.

John

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »
Hang in there John. I feel for you. Keep up the therapy as much as possible. It will make a big difference.
I had a skiing accident in the alps while deployed. I was supposed the go to the hospital in Italy for rehab but the Captian would not let me go. Having taken my son to therapy 5 days a week for a year and a half I knew what I had to do. They gave me a plan and I worked real hard. By the end of the 6 month cruise, I was walking pretty well.
Keep at it.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 11:58:42 AM »
John - we're sending extra good thoughts and faith that you can handle the therapy.   You're a beek, so we know you're tough.   Hurts like hell at the beginning, but it won't be that way for too long.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Offline olehunter

• New Bee
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 09:20:23 AM »
divemaster i know what you are going through. having almost the same thing happen . 2 1/2 years ago
fell in the boat landed on elbow, tore all tendons . 5+ hours surgery by a really good shoulder man. wishing you a quick recovery .took me a while but i was 78 at the time.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 12:42:55 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:38:16 AM by Dallasbeek »
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 05:12:34 AM »
Well new update.
Went to doctor today. They took new x-rays and will doc lifted my arm Above my head for x-ray I passed out from pain and lost breakfast . he said that the surjury went great and that the elbow and wrist were OK that when my arm was ripped back that it  stretched all the muscles and tendons and that was why my elbow and wrist are popping and hitting nerves causing pain so as of now no additional surgeries . I start rehabilitation probly Mon. I asked him about the meds and he said that I should notstop them right now that iI will definitely need them when rehab starts. Risk management called the city- county dispensary and they told them that as long as I was taking narcotic that caused drowsiness that they would release me to work. Guest they don't want the liability of that. They said will how is he getting to appt. They said friends  and extended family. The dispensary even asked if  the city- county would provide transport. They said no so dispensary said no to work so I'm out till 9- 20 at least . I told them if things changed about the meds I would notify them. Took wife mon. to her doctor. It's down turn tremors are get constant and aggressive,can not stand and walk with cane. Now she has to have a walker  ( the ones with wheels. Going to buy one on line) to get across a room. Insurance said they will only offer the one with no wheels or I have to buy it myself. I told them to go f___ them selves that we taken care of each other sofar that they can kiss my behind. Was told that I need to put in ramp on side of house  that he did not want her to use stairs. Now to get that soon as quickly as possible. Got to get up materials have to build it along side of house at minamal angle as can be. So I'm thinking of making it 20 foot long by 5  wide don't think I'll use plywood because it's out in weather. Thinking of 2x8 s tight.

Going nuts with idle hands.

John

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 08:25:37 AM »
John, we'll be praying for yall.
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.

Plato

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 12:32:52 PM »
John,
Ask around. I bet you will find someone that has one of those walkers who no longer needs one. I see them a lot at yard sales. If I see one I will grab it and send it to you. I still have your number and will call you first.
I used to build those ramps. The incline should be 1" up for every foot forward. You can use 1/2" pressure treated plywood but make sure to add non skid paint (they just add a fine sand to it) on it or they eventually get slippery from the algie that will grow on it. The paint also makes it last a lot longer. I have a PT plywood ramp for my gazebo that was built in 2004 with no protection and I have used bleach and pressure washing on it for years and is still in good condition.
Hang in there and do as much PT as you can all day long. It pays off.
Jim

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 12:45:47 PM »

Thanks for the offer. Jim . got hold of someone that someone knows today. We're coming a end run around them . gotit coming. HeHe's even getting one that converts from all wheel walker with seat and brakes to a transport wheeled chair. He's going to adjust things are o get them . know what I'm saying. :wink:

Thank you again. It helps when I can sound off about crappie.  :tongue:

John

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
Glad you were able to get one.  :grin:
They are priced very high because usually an insurance company is paying for it and that enable them to raise the price.
Jim