Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Set back for Trump?  (Read 185 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
Set back for Trump?
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »
Has Trump peaked and now retire to a farm in Canada?
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Set back for Trump?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:56:13 PM »
Trump came in second when all the experts predicted he would never even make 10%. No, he's just getting wound up and ready to go.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »
Trump reminds me of Shakespeare's "Macbeth" soliloguy:

'Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.' -- Macbeth

I see a lot of sound and fury from The Donald, but I fail to see a grand plan or real substance in his campaign.  The thrust of his message seems too much like "HOPE" and "CHANGE".  We've had 9 dreary years of that nonsense.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 02:34:38 PM »
> The thrust of his message seems too much like "HOPE" and "CHANGE".  We've had 9 dreary years of that nonsense.

Agreed.  But to get elected you need to be vague and ambiguous.  That way people can project whatever they want to believe about you.  As soon as you say something concrete you're out of the race... :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 08:29:13 PM »
Even if Trump does not get nominated, he forced a lot of discussion the others would rather have run from during the primary process. He brought back to the forefront that our borders have not been secured, although funds and plans were put in place after the 9/11 attacks.That"s 15 years of "Nothing" being done to secure our borders and our sovereignty.
 They have done more to make travel restrictive for law abiding citizens than they have that would cross our borders unlawfully.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »
Has Trump peaked and now retire to a farm in Canada?

one could hope....

I see a lot of sound and fury from The Donald, but I fail to see a grand plan or real substance in his campaign.  The thrust of his message seems too much like "HOPE" and "CHANGE".  We've had 9 dreary years of that nonsense.

Exactly.  and there is no excuse for making the same mistake.  We had Obamas record and it was ignored.  We have Trumps record and we ignore it, we are truly doomed.
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 12:34:15 PM »
Meh - twould ticklemepink to see the country run the way it's s'posed to be. We are sure to lose it if folks that vote for a living have their way.