Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Jade Helm 15  (Read 457 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Jade Helm 15
« Reply #20 on: Today at 04:30:20 PM »
The vast majority would disobey direct orders and join the side of the people. Lets just hope we never see it. G

I agree, but in something like an Outbreak scenario, the will do what they believe to be in the best interest of the county, which might be moving in on the population.  The crisis does not have to be real, only look real.

so...I'll share this and you guys can make of it what you will.  I have not settled on an opinion yet or really sorted it in my mind.

you know i have done RC disaster work for years.  about 2008ish, I noticed a change in the structure of the organization.  It was a really busy year and I spent several weeks working hurricanes Gustav and Ike in TX.  Before that, there had been a lot of flooding in the midwest and i'd been in IA for several weeks.
This was the first time I saw RC and FEMA share resources.  A lot of people commented on it and some were pretty uncomfortable with it.  but...hey, money was short and FEMA could resupply stuff we needed...and it was a loan.

over the next few years and disasters, we began to change the internal structure so that the lead on disasters was at the local level, and national came in as support.  In theory, it saved money and had the community helping the community.  It's been a disaster on top of disasters.  Locals are not trained the same, they are impacted by the disaster so they can't respond the same, and they don't have t he experience from year to year to know how to manage the logistics of a big disaster....and believe me, the logistics are no different on a disaster than on a military maneuver!...only with old people and lots of food  :-D

Most of the top paid people were let go or left.  They were replace with people like the one that runs the PNW RC.  She used to be a top aid to  Janet Napolitano. 
Most of the power of the local RC has been centralized into the massive regions.  Along with the power, the money is centralized too.  In theory, to manage cost.

Training for those of us who are disaster responders, and this is not unique to RC, is now largely done with FEMA classes.  Other groups are doing the same because the government made the classes available for free and it standardizes the training.

1. disaster organization in bed with federal government for supplies and training.
2. reorganization of disaster response to A) put response on locals, and B)  centralize what was local money and leadership
3. restaffing of key people
4. response efficiency has gone down
5. they know it's not working, have known it for years, yet they persist and the very top people in DC have been there since 08.

In 08 I met the  new director of Red Cross.  She used my kitchen for a photo opp.  That was the same year we began to co-ordinate our efforts with FEMA.

I am not one of those crazy FEMA camp people, but my gut tells me that there is something wrong...or at least there is planning for something going wrong. 
I don't think this has anything to do with this admin, but God help us if whatever they are planning for happens with this admin in charge. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

anything