Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Building the US-Mexico wall  (Read 70 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Queen Bee
Building the US-Mexico wall
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:39:27 PM »
Proposal:  instead of asking Mexico to pay for building the wall Trump advocates, what say we hire (and pay) people in the US illegally, at a very good hourly wage, to build the wall -- a nice, thick, tall wall -- with the stipulation they complete it from the Mexico side and remain on that side upon completion.  I think we could hire about 11 million people and build the wall very quickly.

But let's get serious.  It's a violation of federal law to hire anyone here illegally.  Has anyone ever been prosecuted for this?  If we put some big employers in jail, the labor market would dry up and, if we also stopped giving "entitlements" and drivers licenses and "stuff" to illegals, they'd go home and we wouldn't even need a wall.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Psparr

• House Bee
Building the US-Mexico wall
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 08:07:59 AM »
Boy, common sense makes so much common sense it's scary.

Offline TALittle

• New Bee
  • I'm simply saying that life finds a way.
Re: Building the US-Mexico wall
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 09:11:03 AM »
People worry about illegal Mexicans taking jobs and ignore the rest.

The H1B visa is a non-emigration visa that was designed to bring in highly skilled workers in areas where there were not enough qualified people to fill the jobs. Per the law they were not to displace American workers.

Companies like Con-Edison, Disney, and many others have laid off their American workers to replace them with H1B workers while requiring that the American workers train the H1B workers as a condition of the severance package.

Hell, the last company I worked for came up with, what management thought was, a great Idea. Outsource the "No Outsource" Government contracts to India where labor is cheeper and hire non-skilled people to answer the phone here in the states so the customer did not know it was outsourced. They got caught and all they got was a warning. I think they should have charged upper management with federal felonies and liquidated the company.

The Libertarian party put forward a plan to stop illegal immigration across the Mexican border. It is the best plan I have see and will save us money.

1) Change immigration laws so that anyone who can pass a standard background check, gets a visa. (Same background check for buying a gun)
2) Recall American troops from bases overseas and close the bases.
3) Line American troops along the Mexican border.
4) Shoot anyone trying to sneak across the border.