Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lt-Cmdr charged for returning fire in Chattanoogo  (Read 83 times)

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
Re: Lt-Cmdr charged for returning fire in Chattanoogo
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:22:38 AM »
Insanity.

Maybe the Donald will bring this up on the the 9th. Give Americans a little something to chew on.

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Lt-Cmdr charged for returning fire in Chattanoogo
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:35:51 AM »
As much as I would love to blame Obama for the lack of security, Ollie North read a 2011 security directive the other day that gave commanders the ability to arm contingents on their command if they felt the security situation called for it.

Since we have been warned that we are targets in the US, and since there have been prior attacks, it would seem to me that the security situation calls for it.  Barring another directive or instructions, this would put the responsibility for making our people unarmed targets, on the COs.  If they had the ability to provide security, and the warnings that it was needed, and failed to provide, the blood is on their hands.

There seems to still be some hesitation on the part of some of the COs which makes me wonder what they might have been told that we don't know.  The MC said screw it and they are arming security, and the Navy is doing the same with the MPs stateside.
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

anything