Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 06:31:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian bees in the US  (Read 5546 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2006, 12:47:15 PM »

Finsky:

I too enjoy British/English Humor, some funny Irish stuff too Smiley American comedy (except for some very clever stand-up comedians is pretty lame, same weak formula for most plots and rolled out to quickly to have any deep thought.

I think America has good Crime/Courtroom/Doctor/Horror and Sci-Fi shows like CSI, Law and Order and House/ER , Jericho and Heroes (new this season, but interesting) - I wonder if you ever seen any of these Dramas???

Sorry Boris (don't want to skid off topic)  Kiss

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Finsky
Super Bee

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2006, 01:06:05 PM »

I like Amerikans when they ride with horse and shut with pistols and rifles. An they hit! Clint Eastwood is my hero ( and not to mention 7 children with different 5 women ) 

http://www.ascap.com/eventsawards/awards/oscar/2005/images/ClintEastwood.jpg

But  I wonder why Amerikans do not hit nowadays when they shoot with machine guns in the middle of city.  And their bullet case lasts and lasts however they shoot with series fire. When I was in Army, they said that it takes a couple of seconds when  kalashnikov will be empty with series fire.
kensfarm
House Bee

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2006, 02:20:58 PM »

Clint Eastwood is my hero ( and not to mention 7 children with different 5 women )

Finsky.. has any one told you that your picture looks very much like a young Clint Eastwood? 

I too enjoy Finsky's posts..  he is a straight shooter and tells it like it is. 

I have also visiited Boris's site and find his experiments interesting. 

I've started to read "Better Queens by Jay Smith"..  his insight to beekeepers was.. ask a dozen beekeepers a question.. and you'll get 12 different answers..  better to ask the bee's themselves. 

To argue is human nature..  to be civil while doing so is an art sometimes lost. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2006, 05:00:41 PM »

But  I wonder why Amerikans do not hit nowadays when they shoot with machine guns in the middle of city.

because when you go full auto, you shoot birds smiley  they just need to turn the camera toward the sky.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Zoot
House Bee

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2006, 10:27:48 PM »

Finsky,

If you were to peruse a number of American web forums on multiple topics you'd start to understand that there's a tendancy to be a little, shall we say,  UPTIGHT on our part.  Don't take it seriously. Personally, I think it's due to the insane automobile traffic conditions here.....

Thanks for all of your input here. Your posts are invariably interesting.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2006, 05:42:58 PM »

But  I wonder why Amerikans do not hit nowadays when they shoot with machine guns in the middle of city.  And their bullet case lasts and lasts however they shoot with series fire. When I was in Army, they said that it takes a couple of seconds when  kalashnikov will be empty with series fire.

Don't you just love it when the machinegunners are behind something and going full auto on the lone gunman in the open and can't seem to hit him? But the lone gunman drops one of the bad guys with a single shot.

Opps..... Sorry Boris.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Mici
Super Bee

tougher than rock

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2006, 07:13:03 PM »

Clint Eastwood is my hero ( and not to mention 7 children with different 5 women ) 

hehe, you make Clint sound like a gyps to me, except for the children part..not 7, but 17 shocked
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2006, 04:58:54 PM »

Finsky wrote>>I wonder why Amerikans do not hit nowadays when they shoot with machine guns in the middle of city.  And their bullet case lasts and lasts however they shoot with series fire. When I was in Army, they said that it takes a couple of seconds when  kalashnikov will be empty with series fire.

The reason is that the peacenicks who are taking over the government are insisting that any bullits made in the USA be unable to hit anything.  Now-a-days when a homeowner protects himself by shooting the robber its called an accidental shooting because the ammunition has been trained to know better. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2007, 09:59:51 PM »

Brian
Just reading through this topic again. How did you make out with your Russians this year?  This was an interesting topic to follow but kinda slid down through the pages as time went by.
beeginner
House Bee

The swarm I hived

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2007, 07:24:16 PM »

This is my frist year how ever the guy that is helping me and I help him is a state inspecter. Well he has Russian bees well he bought 10 more hives with other bees well he made me two splits. But now we have requeend them with Russians. But some time when he go's to look at other peoples bee in this county ill go to but I take my own truck. Russian bees as I have seen are a lot more layed back. Thay do better. And he breads his own Russian queens and is showing me how to do it. And when you get the Russian hive right by some other one you can tell the diff. + ive worked with 457 hives at once not Russians and thay was not near as calm. Now the guy has 2,000 and we are good friends. And the state guy only lives 3 miles from my house as the bee flyes lol
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »

I got my russians via the back door.  I bought 4 packages this spring: 2 NWC, 1 MH, and 1 Italian.  I then built them up enough and split Buying 2 Russian queens from Wilderness Apiary.  I gave the 2 NWC to my brother--they're his personal favorite bee.  The Russian splits are in 2 story mediums nucs for the winter and I like the heck out of them.  Very impressed with their industry and ability to made the max with fewer bees/

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2007, 12:04:42 AM »

if you want any pure russians ask my buddie that is a USDA  russian breder, he has the russians,
http://www.porterfarmbees.com/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:16:05 AM by TwT » Logged

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
papabear
House Bee

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »

One of the guys in my beeks group is a Russian Queen Breeder And sells nucs. I will find out his web address and post it later.

"IF YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR U, YOU WILL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next