Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dadant 30 frame extractor....a price...  (Read 3516 times)

Offline SteveSC

• House Bee
Dadant 30 frame extractor....a price...
« on: October 02, 2006, 08:29:12 AM »
I came across a guy that has a 12 X 14 room completely full 8" high with assembled and unassembled brood boxes - supers - frames - anything and everything...etc..  He says there's about 600 brood boxes alone in there.   I believe it.  You can only look in the room from the door ----  the room is full to within 1' of the door to the room.  He said there's 80 cases of Queenline jars in there somewhere - I saw and bought 15 cases.

This guy isn't a beekeeper, he just bought the stuff from an older commercial beekeeper a couple years ago.  The commercial beekeeper was retiring - now this guy has all this stuff and the wife says " get rid of it ".  

He also has a Dadant 30 frame extractor  -( 2 large )  holding tanks - 2 uncapping tables  4' each.  All this stuff for a big operation.  

I'm going to make an offer for all the stuff as is.  He said he'd take $600 for the extractor but for me to make an offer - - there's nothing wrong with it - we ran it.  Any ideas what an extractor like that is worth ...?  

Thanks....Steve in SC

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:04:44 PM »
Since you've seen and ran the extractor I would recommend that you price similar equipment at Mann Lake Ltd, Dudant & Sons, Bushy Mountain, Bettterbee, etc.   Make a comparrision and make an offer from there.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 07:11:40 PM »
if its a stainless steel extractor, a dandant 20 frames sales for almost $1400 so $600 isnt a bad price for a 30 frame extractor, if you buy all the wood stuff and dont need it give me a shout and I might take it off your hands or if you dont get it give me his number and Ill call him...

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 07:14:05 PM »
Any uncappers in the lot?

Offline SteveSC

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 10:00:41 PM »
Brian: No one really lists an extractor that large that I can find that has the price listed.  I guess I can call one of the suppliers and ask the price.  I'll call Dadant in the morning.  

Guyone: there aren't any uncappers that I saw.  

There are uncapping tables there with holding tanks.  The guy called me today and said he was taking it all out of the room so I could actually see what he had.   No price was mentioned on his part.  He wants me to offer a price before he says what he'll take for it.  I was told once when you have someone that won't put a price on something,   never offer a price for something unless it makes you feel quilty to offer that little for it.  I plan on feeling guilty - we'll se how it goes in a day or two.  

TwT:  It's an all stainless extractor. I'll be in touch one way or the other after I go over there in a day one two....he said he'll call me when it's all out in the open.  His wife said " get rid of it "...  We'll see.  It'll be a Deal or no deal...?

Steve in SC

Offline kensfarm

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 11:42:41 AM »
How did it go?