Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 03:50:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Returning to the hive  (Read 980 times)
HockeymanVT
New Bee

« on: September 15, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »

As a kid (many years ago) I helped my father keep 50+ hives of bees that were used to pollinate  or 200 acres of birdsfoot trefoil that we raised for seed.  The honey was almost as clear as water.  I a about to get some used equipment from a friend.  Another friend is a current beekeeper and we will go through the materials and see if it all needs to be burned or can be safely used. I hope to build a small room in the top floor of my garage to house a hive or two.  Id do this mostly to keep the bears away. It will also make a very nice controlled environment for the bees.  I love creative solutions to problems and I think this project will provide ample opportunity to solves these problems.  I love the Internet and the way it allows collections of fine people with similar passions to meet and share information.

Looking forward to this experience.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 10:32:44 PM »

Welcome.  I thought Underhill was in middle earth, aka Hobbitsville.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
HockeymanVT
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:49:14 PM »

Actually Underhill means "Under the 'hill'  of Mt. Mansfield", out highest peak at almost 1 mile high. Not much by western standards but a pretty good bump for VT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next