Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 05:11:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vonage  (Read 1999 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: August 19, 2006, 12:16:52 AM »

Has anyone here used Vonage phone service? If so, what do you think of it?    
I made a couple of calls at cicuit city and it seemed pretty good.It costs about the same as my regular phone.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 11:02:12 PM »

Try http://www.packet8.net/

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 07:14:59 AM »

Understudy,
Have you ever tried this service?    
                                           Ken
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 11:29:13 AM »

I have not done it myself . But I have several people whom I personally know are using it.  And have been for over two years.  They are very happy with the service.

I have learned for me that it is not cost effective. Also after three hurricanes the only phones that did work were standard land line phones.  

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Hi-Tech
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 10:40:28 PM »

I have friends using vonage, voicepulse and Skype. Skype is the cheapest and voicepulse worked the best...

Beekeeping and hunting.... Is there anything else?
talkhunting.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »

by brother got vonage before he went back to Afghanistan.  he has a local US number that rings him up over there.....go figure  Cheesy

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 06:56:14 AM »

I still haven't decided whether to ditch local phone company yet but I appreciate all the input on this subject. I have played with skype a little but would like to evaluate vonage and check into a coupe of the others. Thanks!!
Hi-Tech
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 11:08:54 AM »

To be honest, most of the services are the same. The problems are usually related to your bandwidth. If you have DSL or cable with 2 Mb or higher down and 512 MB or higher up, it usually works pretty smooth. However, if you are downloading large files or sharing files like MP3s or Torrents, you can still hear your party good but they cannot hear you because you are using up all of your upload speed.

So, those with good upload and download speeds and who do little uploading or downloading of files seem to think their service works well.

Those with low upload and download speeds or those who do a lot of downloading or file sharing think their service sucks..

Its all about the bandwidth...

Beekeeping and hunting.... Is there anything else?
talkhunting.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next