Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 27, 2014, 01:02:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANYONE WANT A FREE HIVE??????  (Read 1461 times)
PAKMANN2K
New Bee

« on: July 21, 2006, 12:47:56 AM »

DO YOU WANT SOME BEES? I HAVE A NEST IN A FIELD BEHIND MY HOUSE. I NEED TO HAVE IT REMOVED. THEY ARE FORAGING FOR WATER AT MY POOL AND SUBSEQUENTLY INTIMIDATING MY FAMILY AND HAVE STUNG MY PETS TO THE POINT THAT OUR YARD HAS BECOME UNUSABLE DURING DAYTIME HOURS. PROBLEM I HAVE IS, I CANNOT HAVE THEM PROFESSIONALLY REMOVED BECAUSE THE PROPERTY IS NOT MINE. THEY ARE IN A  HUGE FIELD UNDER THE POWERLINES IN MY AREA. THIS FIELD IS NOT MAINTAINED AND IS USED FOR LOCALS TO RIDE MOTORCYCLES IN AND OCCASSIONALLY PEOPLE DUMP STUFF THERE. (GARBAGE) I DON'T WANT TO HARM THE BEES BUT I HAVE BEEN AT BAY FOR WEEKS NOW AND THE CITY HAS NOT ACTED EITHER. I MAY NEED TO SEEK A POISON TO ERADICATE THEM BUT DON'T WISH TO DO SO. ALSO, IS THERE A WAY TO DETER THE BEES FROM VISITING MY YARD. I AM TALKING HUNDREDS A DAY.

P. KAISER - PAKMANN2K@HOTMAIL.COM
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 06:40:55 AM »

Your profile doesn't list your location. It is hard for anyone to help you if we have no idea what city and state you live in.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
fcderosa
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 07:40:12 AM »

Kinda would be helpful knowing where you're located Smiley

The good life is honey on a Ritz.
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 08:06:42 AM »

No problemo, I'll just send out a few of my scouts to find the colony. Just Kiddin'. Where are you  smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 10:47:32 AM »

have you seen the hive?  if not, i'll hazard a guess that they are not bees.  they are probably yellow jackets and stirred up out of the ground by the kids riding.

they are very aggressive at this time of the year.  if you can not get someone to identify them for you ASAP, go to the feed store or hardware store and get a couple of yellow jacket traps.  put them around the edges of your property, especially on the field side.

if you want to try to identify them for yourself, take a piece of meat (big enough that they can't carry it off, but not toooo big)  and standby back to watch.  yellow jackets will swarm meat in short order.  honey bees will not.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian Sisson
New Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »

Another easy way to tell-
If you see some type of bee floating in your pool, let it crawl up on your finger.  A honey bee will dry its wings and then fly off.  Any other type of bee will dry its wings, sting you, then fly off.

Trust me.
-B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next