After further investigation, I have learned that the city will be spraying at dusk and after dark. The chemical used is Anvil (sumithrin) - listed as toxic to bees, etc.
So if I place a screen across the front entrance of my hives for a day and lock them in, will they be OK? The info about this toxin says it will degrade in sunlight and high temps within 24 hours.
Gee - I didn't have enough to think about with varroa, SHB, AFB, etc., etc. Now we've got the HEALTH DEPARTMENT trying to do in the poor honeybees!
Linda in Nashville :x :x :x