Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 06:27:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi-Tech Philosophycal quote.  (Read 1113 times)
abejaruco
Field Bee

« on: June 06, 2006, 04:22:45 PM »

Hi-Tech -with your permission- writes a very interesting quote, I enjoy The Matrix too:
"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes................Morpheus - The Matrix"

This quote brings at my mind another one:
"I am, therefore, in a measure constrained to follow that road, and by it I must travel in spite of all the world, and it will be labour in vain for you to urge me to resist what heaven wills, fate ordains, reason requires, and, above all, my own inclination favours; for knowing as I do the countless toils that are the accompaniments of knight-errantry, I know, too, the infinite blessings that are attained by it; I know that the path of virtue is very narrow, and the road of vice broad and spacious; I know their ends and goals are different, for the broad and easy road of vice ends in death, and the narrow and toilsome one of virtue in life, and not transitory life, but in that which has no end;..." Don Quixote.
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 05:21:07 PM »

Socrates- I drank what?

Real Daleks don't use stairs they level the building.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams.

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally."
WC Fields.

"The trouble with children is that they're not returnable."
Quentin Crisp.

Harry Tuttle: Listen, this old system of yours could be on fire and I couldn't even turn on the kitchen tap without filling out a 27b/6... Bloody paperwork.  -Brazil

Chris Knight: Good. Because all of my filth is arranged in alphabetical order. This, for instance, is under 'H' for "toy. -Real Genius

New Mother: Is it a boy or a girl?
Obstretrician: I think it's a bit early to start imposing roles on it, don't you?
-The Meaning of Life

Every inch of land , air and water should be privatley owned. -The Corporation

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
abejaruco
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 07:53:20 AM »

-To which said Sancho, ‘Sir, I am so unlucky that I fear I shall not see the day in which I may see myself in that happy life. Oh, what neat spoons shall I make when I am shepherd! What hodge-potches and cream! what garlands and other pastoral trumperies! that though they get me not a fame of being wise, yet they shall that I am witty. My little daughter Sanchica shall bring our dinner to the flock; but soft, she is handsome, and you have shepherds more knaves than fools, and I would not have her come for wool, and return shorn: and your loose desires are as incident to the fields as to cities, and as well in shepherds’ cottages as princes’ palaces; and the cause being removed, the sin will be saved, and the heart dreams not of what the eye sees not, and better a fair pair of heels than die at the gallows.’

‘No more proverbs, Sancho,’ said Don Quixote, ‘since each of these is enough to make us know thy meaning; and I have often advised thee not to be so prodigal of thy proverbs, but more sparing; but ‘tis in vain to bid thee, for the more thou art bid, the more thou wilt do it.’

‘Methinks, sir,’ said Sancho, ‘you are like what is said that the frying-pan said to the kettle, “Avaunt, black- brows”; you reprehend me for speaking of proverbs, and you thread up yours by two and two.’

‘Look you, Sancho,’ quoth Don Quixote, ‘I use mine to purpose, and when I speak them, they fit as well as a little ring to the finger; but thou bringest in thine so by head and shoulders that thou rather draggest than guidest them; and, if I forget not, I told thee heretofore, that proverbs are brief sentences, drawn from the experience and speculation of our ancient sages, and a proverb ill applied is rather a foppery than a sentence; but leave we this now, and, since night comes on us, let’s retire a little out of the highway, where we will pass this night, and God knows what may befal us to-morrow.’-
Don Quixote wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next