Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 11:02:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MANO - Nascar Racing Season 2003 - reinstalled!!!  (Read 1164 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: May 22, 2006, 10:30:43 PM »

Mano:

I got the chance to reinstall 2003 and the 16meg patch too - also, going to reinstall the driving wheel tonight and paste your race to the race folder - that will just about do it for me tonight, been a long day.

I went through my disc collection and I found my Nascar THUNDER 2003 also by EA Games - I should have known by the looks of this one that Nascar Sim-Racing would be such a disappointment compared to Nascar Racing 2003.

Anyway - I'm setup and ready. Time to get back on the tracks and hone my skills. I can't find my CAR though on my backup drive, hopefully it is on my Old Dell which is in the bus (that's where I play poker MOST of the time).

If I can't find the 222 Beemaster.com mobile - I'll redo the car. It won't take long, although the Paintshop software seems lame in 2003, it is deceivingly a pretty adequate scheme designer - so I can have a car up and running in about an hour just diddling with it.

I was busting my wife Tracey, saying that I'd put up a link for SPONSORS on the forum - I'll post the members website, etc. for a flat seasonal fee Smiley - just joking though - although if I were a bit more entrepreneurial, I wouldn't think twice. I know there would be someone willing to ponder the idea of their we addy on a virtual car racing other cars around the globe (real people, up to 42 others per race and countless races available to race for those who DON'T know) would be a thrilling concept to someone  wink  

Heck :

All cars would SPORT the Beemaster.com addy but additional car ads:

$10.00 for small side panel, multi-sponsor ads on side panels.
$25 for lone roof, hood and trunk ads.
$50 for front and rear bumpers or lone side panel ad.
$50 for supplied artwork for and placement.

These prices seem fair  shocked At least I dream Big!!!

But back to the REAL WORLD of VIRTUAL RACING. I'll be getting my car ready, but the install went great and I'll have plenty of EVENINGS to race at any track - just the two of us, throw in some PC based drivers (including Rusty and Kenseth of course, plus as many others as we want on the track - or WE HEAD FOR THE REAL MULTIPLAYER, get on the same track and battle it out against a full field of real players. THAT IS SOME GREAT CHOICE huh???!!!

It will be a blast - hope it comes Tuesday or Wednesday, and NO LATER than Thursday.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 11:36:50 PM »

Mano:

Just finished watching your race - I'm VERY IMPRESSED, you started with a loose car and it tightened up beautifully - the best part of the race for me was Jeff Burton (31) you (2) and Kenseth (17) battling it out - then when Ryan Newman (12) came into the picture and you held him back beautifully - you race a great line!!!! No one knows the thrill of 3 wide racing until you've done it - these guys must be UPHORIC in these REAL cars - I can't imagine. Excellent finis, clean race, great spacing and drafting - I'm blown away and I see you are a natural at this- BRAVO!!!!!!!

I'm raced a 30 lapper at the Glen (multiplay) after that, now it's 11:30 - me sooooo tired lol. Great work.

PS... after 17 laps, image 270 laps with 5 to 7 pits. I'd sleep for a week and be sore for 3 days just sitting at my desk - lol. Goodnight!

Follow us on TWITTER

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:46:36 PM »

MANO:

Update... Awaiting your delivery, wheel installed (and more or less tweaked - I need to set up the latency a bit better, I'm over correcting) and I have NO setups - I couldn't find a one in my notebook, still need to search the bus-puter though, I'm hopeful I have a few there.

I ran several races in MAX resolution and 32 bit mode - I'm topping 50 frames a second with this duel-core hyerthreader, but MAN does it cause the fans to run - lol. Accidents and lighting never looked so good and I enjoy the game as much as the first day I bought it!!!!

I wanted to share the basics of my screen - It doesn't matter which way you set yours up, but after many hundreds of hours, I find this works perfect for me.

I use the view where you look see JUST the hood (not the cockpit view - that is very tough to race) but the inside view showing just a horizontal view of the hood. And I NEVER use the BUMPER CAM - as cool as it looks, it is hard to race with - great for play back though Smiley

I have the tach and other temp and pressure controls floating just below that hood.

I keep the speed/gear window open in the lower left.

I keep the car position window open lower right.

Finally, I have the mirror in unrestricted view (no roll-bars blocking the view)

With the settings above (I'll add the keystrokes to bring these all features up later) I have full screen view of the track, all my gauges right there, and unrestricted mirror - I also jack up as many cars forward and behind as possible, but the car position status screen is a GREAT TOOL once you get use to looking at it and learn the color coding and time info, you really find it invaluable.

Just like having Darrell Waltrip as your spotter/pit-boss offers so much feedback, you are really prepared for any race.

So, just sharing what I think makes this version of the racing so important and having that much data right there all the time makes racing a matter of handling the car and lastly, getting the important f-keys (where ever you put them) for tires, wedge, tape and fuel setup and remembered helps you RACE and not search for keys.

In my case, my wheel takes up MOST of my keyboard stand, I just have the actual keyboard off to the side for messaging and pit instructing. But basically, I'm all wheel on my desk.

This 20 inch monitor (from Starlogic) I got for Christmas is PERFECT - the only thing I'd ever want better than this is a 52 inch LCD or Plasma screen some day - I'll be one of those guys BUILDS a racing Car Cockpit in his living room with wrap around sound - lol.

Hope to hear from you soon - I have 3 versions of my car I made up today - I have a really nice red one with my AVATAR here in the forum on the ROOF - you can only see it with the CHASE and HELICOPTER cams.

Follow us on TWITTER

manowar422
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 07:07:56 PM »

I pretty much race with those same "settings" as you, but
with a couple of exceptions. (these exceptions could change
quickly if It turns out I'm having difficulty competing)

I race with the far chase (arcade) view and
at this point I like to view tire temps while driving in a
race. It gives me the means to keep an eye on how well
my chassis setup is performing.

I know the arcade type view is not very popular, but I guess
it was all those years of playing those early arcade games
that cause me to default to that view. My main trouble with the
over hood view was passing slower traffic. I like the fact that
with the far chase view, your better able to judge depth of field
when trying to pass in a turn at 170MPH with the competition
hot on your heels and just waiting for you to make an error.

Our frame rates are almost comparable but I like to run
the game at 1280 X1024 resolution on my 20" LCD, so when
there's alot of cars on the track (40+), my FR drops to about
45 FPS or so Sad

I'm trying to get my car piant job set up in the game and will
contact you asap.
manowar422
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 11:21:32 PM »

Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES Cool

I'm ready BMaster, lets go racing tomorrow after work Cheesy
I sent you a PM
Pages: [1]   Go Up