Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 03:38:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member from San Antonio, Texas  (Read 925 times)
BeeLady
New Bee

« on: May 18, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »

My name is Lauren and I've been a beehaver for about three years.  I'm active in our local bee club (Alamo Area Beekeepers Assoc) and currently have two hives.  I tend to be passive in the management of my hives and am trying to avoid the use of chemicals.  Currently using Succrocide for the mites, plus screened bottom boards, etc.  Am more or less paralyzed by uncertainty but fortunately the bees are coping on their own.

Requeened in the fall using B Weaver hybrids, one queen was replaced within two weeks and the other queen is doing great.  The hive with the unknown origin queen is calm enough and productive so I've left that queen.

Want to learn more and basically get in sync with the honey flows, bee behaviour, etc.  We're in the middle of a drought and I'll be lucky to get any honey again this year.

Am looking forward to finding my way around this site.  Thanks.  Lauren

Lauren, aka BeeLady
San Antonio, Texas
Bees in Lindenau, Texas
pallan
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 07:12:53 PM »

Lauren,
Welcome to the forum.......I know that you will enjoy it and learn alot as well.  The drought is a bummer!!!

"Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good."
Isaiah 7:15
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next