A friend called me today about what he thought was a swarm behind a plywood cover on the outside of the building 10 feet off the ground. So I go to investigate, turns out to be a colony behind a sheet of plywood covering an unused duct about 14"x 18" roughly. There were workers flying around outside, but not leaving the area, the colony was bunched up in the corner ( much larger than what you would expect to see in a 3 lb. package). There was no new comb, but dried empty combs instead. I removed most of the colony into a cardboard box and hived them near my newly hived packages on new foundation. I am not sure if I have the queen, with my inexperienced eye, I could not locate her, I am hoping that she is in the hive. There are still more bees in the duct. Shall I wait a week to see if the queen is in the hive or shall I go after the remaining colony in hopes that I find the queen and add them in. This is my 1st removal, and I am sure there will be more. By the way I had a blast and no stings.Checked the hive from the swarm that I hived earlier in the week and to my surprise the QUEEN was there. I suppose LUCK played a part . WOOHOO !!! I'm relieved. Oh well, back to building supers.