Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 20, 2014, 08:45:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talladega Race Postponed  (Read 2414 times)
manowar422
« on: April 30, 2006, 03:22:16 PM »

It's raining on parts of the track and I'm
all fired up with no race to watch cry

Keep dry thoughts, Ummmmmmmmm . . .
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 04:31:43 PM »

That makes two of us - ugh. I've been to Watkins Glen and know how frustrating YELLOW LAPS can be - they just drag on and on, but rain delays are just dreadful, I wouldn't wish that on ANY race fan, in person especially.

Talladega is such a huge event too - people go a week or more ahead of time and stay equally as long after. At least the majority of people will be there tomorrow and hopefully they'll have it then!!! I love this race and hope to someday get to it.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER DONE IT:  I race it all the time ONLINE with force-feedback wheel, in hi-def resolution and wrap-around sound - trust me, with the physics of the car being NASCAR approved (since all the young guns race using it on their own Intranet) and of course Online with folks like me Smiley

I'm ranked a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale - this scaling is done through the software and measured when racing online in races against other real people. You actually have up to 43 real people from around the globe, all rated and no horse play. Races are typically setup so that you need a MINIMAL RANKING to even get into a particular race: let's say 4-10 ranking only, so anyone below a 4 cannot enter. When you get into a race 6-10 ranking only, you have really honed your skills and it is a pleasure to race with such talented racers.

I'm well on my way to an 8 ranking BUT there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between a 7 and 8 as far as wins and points needed to MAINTAIN the rank. Keeping a 7 is tough, climbing to an 8 is very tough, but maintaining an 8 is extremely difficult. I don't ever see myself a 9 ranked racer, they are a rare breed and less than .5% are 10s. Lucky for me, ranking is divided into TRACK TYPES: short, speedway, super speedway and road. I totally stink in short track and I stay away from most of those races, you are missing the one element which a simulator cannot give you - the feel of skid. Sure you get feed back in the wheel and screech of the tires in the speakers, but it isn't enough, you need a great car setup and something I'm missing - a 6th sense of control.

I have "borrowed" some extremely good setups - I have a GREAT Qualifying Car and a Great Drafting Car, but still missing a really great lead racing car. But I swear, you don't need a lead car to win at Talladega, you need a great drafting machine, and with the feedback wheel and the wrap-around sound, you feel and hear yourself slip into and out of the draft.

It truly is WHITE-KNUCKLE racing, in simulator at level 6 and above you find 3 wide and 14 deep racing sometimes - these are the races you SAVE and watch again and again. The neatest features of these programs are that you can jump into any car and use front, rear, top, side views of the race and also blimp, helicopter, nearly endless views to re-watch and replay in all speed modes, fast, slow, rewind, etc..

I'd love to see the day when WE HAVE HERE a league of player to race together - I need to take a poll on this to see who has every raced online, seen it or wanted to do it. It might just be feasible, I don't care if we only have 2 or 3 racers - you can ADD cars from the scheduled season, so a handful of us with the 17, 20, 88, 8, 29, etc., would make for really fun races.

The caliber of racers are incredible - they take this (as I do) very seriously, there are no games - this is a simulator, not a video game. Here is my page on my HANDICAP LEAGUE (which sadly isn't any more - it was fun though for over a year) but the rest of the page is interesting to race fans www.beemaster.com/nascar.html - check out the 222 Beemaster Car Smiley

It is a sucky day for Nascar fans - I enjoyed the Busch race, but nothing compares to Cup racing at Talladega Super Speedway - nothing!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
manowar422
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 05:19:25 PM »

I'd be interested John. I have two different Nascar software sims.
Nascar Heat & Nascar Sim Racing.

I have no league racing experience, but am willing to learn.
I've turned a few laps of practice online and had a great time.

I have 3 Mb cable broadband and I'm ready to help you set it up Smiley
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 05:44:11 PM »

I might be interested in that. What would I need to do it with besides a computer? Some software? Game control?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 09:06:58 PM »

Sweeeeeet Smiley

Mano, I have Nascar Sim also - that is a pretty decent version, although I wish EA/Papyrus still pumped out PC versions - ugh.

Jerry, The PC software mentioned above is put out by EA SPORTS - I've seen it at Walmart for $9.95 else where still under $20

The biggest cost is the wheel - a necessary evil that is worth every penny. You can get away with $40 for a non-feedback wheel and pedals BUT I've seen different force-feedback wheels with pedals for under $60 - I use the Microsoft wheel which went for about $80.

You can use either, but NOTHING BEATS the information you feel through the wheel, every bump, incline, decline, crash, rumble strip, wall brush, grassy surface, on and on - you feel. I swear it is worth every cent.

So, well under a hundred bucks if you shop - you get all the tracks Nascar races on, can play against the computer player or people online, and adjust the wheel and car setups almost endlessly until you tweak it the way you like it. I really like the intermediate wheel setups with the Sim-Racing program.

Nascar Sim-Racing is NOT the best simulator (earlier versions by Papyrus and X-box, Play-Station really has awesome 2006 race sims - but PC choice has really gone down in selection over the last 3 years. My favorite was Nascar Racing 2003 which STILL has a huge following online who play it - I'm talking 30K or more people playing it still.

More later - this should be fun - Manowar, please add or correct anything I've said - I know I'm a bit out of the loop on some of these products.

Follow us on TWITTER

manowar422
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 11:37:25 PM »

John,
what sim do you race online with?
I have an older Microsoft wheel & pedals
but it's not a force feed-back model.
I did however just get a Bday (the big 50)
gift card from my sister from Best Buy stores wink
I think a new wheel just might be in order.
Your description of the attributes of the FFB
wheel sounds like a nice upgrade for me.

Jerry, you are welcome to my old wheel.
I could box it up and send it pretty quick.
I still have the software CD that came with it.
It should not take long to get from Dallas to Lubbock.

We could be turning practice laps by the end of this week Cool  Cool  Cool

BTW, I just got back from a bee nest removal from a tree.
It was a long drive, but it was worth it. The lady that lives
across the street has been taking pictures of this colony
for 4 years shocked  It was the size of a 30 gal. trashcan lid
and was 7-8 layers of comb. It completely filled two deeps.
Filmlif (our fellow forum member) called my for help this afternoon.
Since the race was cancelled for today, I said what the heck.
He'll post pictures soon as the lady emails them. You guys
will not believe it until you see this. Cheesy

I'll PM you guys tomorrow about racing, I gotta get some sleep.

Regards, David
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 06:30:35 AM »

Mano - it is MICROSOFT FORCE FEEDBACK WHEEL and SIDEWINDER PEDALS - USB v.1.0

part # X04-97607
ID 52178-579-0166332-00000

I had to break out the jewelers loop for the ID no.

It is really nice - each software has a different feel but they all give you great intel.

I hope this all works out, I also enjoy FREE 7 Card Stud at www.ultimatebet.com  wink

Follow us on TWITTER

TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 10:10:40 AM »

now yaw talking something I would be interested in. love the competative online sports

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
randydrivesabus
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 12:11:53 PM »

they should run in the rain like the F-1 guys do.
manowar422
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 07:18:12 PM »

now yaw talking something I would be interested in. love the competative online sports

Are we talking driving or cards???
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next