Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 01:25:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bee Book Arrived Today Keeping Yr Own Bees Norman Redpath  (Read 718 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: April 21, 2006, 03:54:01 AM »

I managed to track down a copy of "keeping your own bees" by Norman redpath.

His shop that started in the 60s is just up the road and today run by his sons. I get my gear from there and Gordon was very helpful and encouraging.

http://www.redpaths.com.au

Its written for Aussie conditions, especially my local ones. Its gotta be a blessing to have a bee book written by someone just up the road from you. Already I feel better knowing my bees are going to be able to forage just about all year round and bring back nectar and pollen thanks to the Eucalypys . I knew it but I just had to read it to confinrm my belief if you know what I mean.

The principles are the same, but our warm climate makes most books from the US and UK have big chunks of what is to us useless data.
Yarra_Valley
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 06:19:45 AM »

Hey mick,

I haven't seen that book before. Looks alright, can you tell me a bit about it? There is another book that was published in victoria around 1991 I think. Its called "beekeeping" and was published by whatever the forestry department was called then. Its well worth it if you can find it.

Have fun Wink.

Careful, my pets can smell your hives. Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next