Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 05:29:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I was assalted and kept prisoner today  (Read 1633 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: April 07, 2006, 05:49:52 AM »

Yes this hunble mamber was riding home on his bicycle today when he was cut off by a motorist.

As the motorist stopped in front of the train station I was heading to I told him to open his eyes, look where he was going and use his indicators. He wound down the window and sais " I no understand" smiling away. He then spat at me and I decided hmm better get out of here my train was coming and he was bigger than me..

What followed was me being chased on foot by him, and his female passenger. Then by car with them in it. then on foot again. No matter where I went they were there.

I thought I had lost them when I was ambushed by them rushing out of a bank of all things (hope its on cam) and dragged from my bike.

What followed was a 20 minute struggle for posession of my bike while 15 arseholes watched on and did nothing. I was yellliing for the police, so were the 2 nutcases.

No one did anything, I think they were pretty amused for a while then began to drift off through boredom as the struggle continued me trying to keep my bike which means as much to me as your cars do tp you.

Eventually to my delight a guy appeared flashing his badge. The local detective god bless him. They let go and he asked for their story. They said that I spat at them or on then I forget and that I was a racist. ( he was japanese or korean I think and I work for a japanese company and proudly wear a corporate uniform by choice so go figure that one out, I didnt know what colour he was until he wound down the window anyway).

I happily listened to them admitting stalking me, assaulting me, arresting me illegally, holding me agianst my will, trying to streal my bike and the detetive told them that nothing they told him justifified anything they did to me and that they had unlawfuly arrested me and assaulted me. I got a huge bruise on my hand from them hitting my right hand holding on to the bike while fending the other one off by the way.

He asked me for my side and i said I wil tell him away from them and they started whinging but I gave the deadshits the courtesy of a reply saying I didnt want anything I said being used by them DUH.

The detective said he was off duty and I thanked him for stepping in. he said yes he had been watching and had decided it had gone long enough. ( they were trying to drag my bike off me in a parking space and I was trying to get on the road so the police could see me if they ever showed up).

He was keen to resolve it on the spot that means just letting it go I spose.

I said Id think it over and he took my details and I left. I could hear them whining as I did so.

It was no fun, this guy behind me who suddenly speaks pretty good english, this woman in front of me who I cant hit coz shes a lady, abusing me and tryoing to get my hands off the bike by hitting my hands and instructing him in some foreign language. I kept my helmet on and glasses till she ripped them off.

I have only just noticed that my headlight and speedometer have been ripped off in the struggle.

I dont want the hassle of having to go to court but I cant let this go without them being punished.

I cant believe it. Most people would have belted the bleep outta them, they are lucky they struck me. I couldnt let them take my bike. I could see in his eyes that he wanted to break it.

So I will ring the detective toomorrow and see what he says.

I want a new speedo and light, that much I know.

In the USA where most of you are from reading this, I would have been justified in shooting them I reckon.

Id love to know what you would have done. I reckon I went beyond the call of duty being by not getting violent.

I just want peace and quiet.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:11:40 AM »

Quote from: mick
Yes this hunble mamber was riding home on his bicycle today when he was cut off by a motorist.

This is where it would have stopped for me. Nothing hurt but my pride at this moment, and you never know what the other person might do should you confront him/her.  

Quote from: mick
As the motorist stopped in front of the train station I was heading to I told him to open his eyes, look where he was going and use his indicators. He wound down the window and sais " I no understand" smiling away.

It is possible that they didn't see you at all when the incident happened. Yes they were in the wrong, but if they didn't notice you, then they think you are starting trouble with them.

The only time we in the USA are justified in shooting someone is if we precieve ourself in a situation where our life is in immediate danger.

You are out a speed-o-meter and a light now. You could take it to court to demand retribution but is it worth the hassle? Unless you have good witnesses for the whole episode, you could possibly lose. And it could be precieved that you antagonized them to take the action they did against you.

Sometimes it's best just to let things go.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
amymcg
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 08:15:38 AM »

I would go to court.  In the US you could charge them yourself with assault at the magistrates office.  The detective in the US would have called for backup and had them arrested.  To not have arrested them would be negligence.

Assault and battery
Destruction of property
Attempted theft.

And no, we can't shoot them here.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 01:21:54 AM »

Well the detective says he really has better things to do with his time, and I agree to an extent. He has told me to put it down to experience.

It bothers me that he witnessed 10 minutes of it and they admitted what they did and he told them it was a crime and nothing done.

I guess I would have been better off with the uniform coppers. They live to lock people up.

If I see them anywhere near me agian, I guess its intervention order time.
amymcg
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 06:33:54 AM »

I don't know what Australian law says about this, here in the US it depends on the state laws. But perhaps you could look into getting some sort of pepper spray.  It would be a good way to defend yourself and probably would have stopped their attack.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 02:39:19 AM »

Unfortunatley pepper spray or anything like it is illegal here.

Everyone I have spoken to says I should make a formal statement and insist on them being charged as you never know what they might decide to cook up.

Im still thinking about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next