Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 01:10:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with honey  (Read 5487 times)
JWW
New Bee

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 05:41:32 PM »

I use honey in my chilli, it gives that sweet and hot taste conflict, of course when I make chilli I usually clean out the fridge and any leftovers are fair game to go into the chilli. Honey is probably the only stable, consistant ingrediant!
John

"Everybody has a story, take a moment to listen"
Larooo
New Bee

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 02:13:22 PM »

I am currently making 3, six gallon batches of mead, This is appx four gallons of Honey and I still had plenty to go around. This will yield about 90 bottles of wine. I flavored each batch different. Nutmeg for the first batch, Blackberry for the second and clove & cinnimon for the final batch. We'll see how it comes out in about three more months
jdesq
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 10:55:24 AM »

Larooo'
I am also a mead maker and have been for about 5 years. I have 5gal. batch of a grape pyment- a 5 gal. batch of pomagranite- and a 5 gal batch of black cherry going. also I make cysers which is honey and apple cider fermented- very good.
Larooo
New Bee

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 08:07:49 PM »

jdesq
Pomagranite, how interesting! let me know how that comes out. Let me ask you some advice, I have a mead that won't drop below 1.080, I have not stableized it yet. I have heard that you should not untill it drops to .095 or so. Any thoughts?
mountain mike
New Bee

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 09:21:37 PM »

i like peanut butter and honey on flap jacks,,,hits like lead... leads to bed.

mm.

mlb
jdesq
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 10:21:51 AM »

Larooo'
It sounds like your fermentation has stopped. Maybe you should try to warm it up a bit. I like to ferment at  65 to 68 degrees but know of people who do it at 72 degrees. If nothing else repitch some yeast.
Valarie
New Bee

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 12:38:40 AM »

Cornbread- in the batter and on top. On any bread or muffins- Yummy!!!

Peace, Love, & Sunshine!
taw
New Bee

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 01:33:43 PM »

Quote from: Wandering Buddhist
Customers/friends often ask what they can do with honey.  To say "bake" is too general.  After telling them to put honey in tea, on toast, or as a substitute for sugar, I run out of ideas.  I am sure there are scores more things that can be/ are done with honey.  What are some of your ideas for what to do with honey?

My wife (the cook in the partnership) has replaced sugar with honey in just about every recipe you can think of (using differing portions for the most part of course). My favorite: blueberry pie. YUM! With my own blueberries too. Smiley Smiley Smiley

We grill continuously, we make a large variety of sauces and rubs using honey... and whatever else is handy. I have eggs in the morning usually... with some honey. My coffee? Honey! Etc. etc. etc. I don't eat bread generally, but that is the obvious use - creamed honey is particularly nice for that.

You eat it! Smiley

Of course there are all the medical uses that folks have been talking about - especially cut's and burns. I use it in place of neosporine.

Oh yeah... you can feed your bees with it. Wink

Alternative use: bribing government officials? Haven't tried that. Maybe I will. I do have to stay away from the red heads. My at home brunette would disapprove. Smiley

<Insert witty signature here>
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next