Well I talked to the financial controller today expressing my desire to expand the operation from 2 to 500,000 hives, well thats what she thinks will happen. And the result was a swift no from her and me sulking because I didnt get my way. But she didnt say anything about splitting hives. I am not interested in honey production yet and it is still pretty warm on the Gold Coast. Both my hives are not that strong, about 6 full frames of bees and brood in each hive. If I could source some new queens now, would it be advisable to split the hives into 2 new nucs or wait until spring and get new queens then?