Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: quick question  (Read 234 times)

Offline labradorfarms

• House Bee
quick question
« on: March 13, 2014, 07:37:58 PM »
What size wax foundation do I need for 6 5/8 supers?
6 1/4 or 5 3/8.....

I know its probably a dumb question but im new.
I am thinking 6 1/4 but want to be sure,

Offline G3farms

• Queen Bee
Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 08:03:17 PM »
6 5/8" supers are mediums or Illinois

the frames are 6 1/4"

wax foundation is 5 5/8"

Please be sure and look at the bee supply catalog you are ordering from, there can be several different sizes.
see my swarms and cut outs at

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: quick question
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »
and most of the places from which you will order are happy to help you out if you call.  they know it can be confusing and they'd rather help you with an order than manage a return or unhappy customer   ;)
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

anything