Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 03:06:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CPAC?  (Read 1273 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: March 09, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »

i didn't get to watch as many of the people as i wanted, but most of the speeches are online.  i have my favorite picks and my practical picks.  what are yours...if any?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »

I like Dr. Benjamin Carson a lot and we could possibly see what a man with solid values and practical wisdom could accomplish.  I could live with Paul but he is when all things become equal a politician and I do not know that I entirely trust him.  I really love Ted Cruz.  A brilliant debater who would shove the shibboleths of the left back down their collective throats.  He may end up being the man but I think He will be ganged and pecked to death by the sparrows.  The sparrows:  God save us from Christie and Trump and the rest like them who are proudly for bleeding the country to death being moderate rather than cauterizing the wound with a hot iron. 
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »

I too would take Cruz. He is strong, great public speaker, ignores ridicule and couldn't care less of Leftist opinion. In fact, Cruz does not much care what republicans think either. Cruz- Mike Lee ! Yeah, that's the ticket !
    Paul would be my second choice.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:55:04 AM »

You do realize, Cruz isn't eligible to be POTUS. Sorry guys and gals.

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:07:47 AM »

Kathy do you have a link to the speeches?
I noticed a Tennessee guy in the lineup and would like to hear him at least.

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »

Watched quite a bit, more than I intended even (some were very entertaining but most lacked any effective remedies, other than removing Obama and/or ObamaCare).  CPAC Reminded me more of a 'one-trick pony' obsessed with 'presumed enemies' than a group purposed to present a clear format of solutions to our Country and the World's problems.   SAD is the word I'd use to describe it, and will likely come to the same conclusion with the others….. shocked

Too much finger pointing and not enough accountability, a trait shared by them all…... Sad

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »

Hjon71  go to google videos and google CPAC 2014.  i don't know how many are up there, but quite a few. 

as for Cruz running, he probably can without problem and he wouldn't be the first Canadian to run.  this Yahoo article is interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-natural-born-citizen-eligible-serve-president-100207138--politics.html

also, this might cause congress to finally define what "natural born" means to us.  we shouldn't have to go back to 17th century english law to figure it out.

there is a difference between this question and the one about obama.  that's a difference kettle   Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 11:37:10 AM »

I completely understand why the "class envy" crowd would claim cpac meaningless or without direction or "one trick pony", simply anti Obama, anti poor, anti immigrant...... even anti granny.
   I did not watch any of it. Did not have to. Saw some clips. I'm willing to bet Obama and Obamacare was an issue. Because it is an issue.  I would also bet, this administrations business strangling regulations were discussed too. Do you imagine this administrations never ending pursuit of more and more taxes were discussed? How about this administrations refusal to cut spending? Oh yes! I believe conservatives talked about many things some of us care about.
   To disagree with ones opinion is one thing. To deny words were spoken, is another.   
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 02:00:52 PM »

You do realize, Cruz isn't eligible to be POTUS. Sorry guys and gals.

Are you sure? The left was very quick to make this point too. The Yahoo article made a Arnold comparison. Not the same at all. Cruz's mother is American. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »

the article doesn't really make the comparison.  it points out the arnold doesn't have a chance. 

teds mother was able to confer US citizenship on her children because she was 1. a US citizen and 2. of age. and 3. had been in the US within the prescribed time limits for passing citizenship to her children.

arnolds parents were not US citizens and he was not born here. 

what about obama?  that's where some congressional clarification could be helpful.  since they have not spoken, we can only go by that old english law and past precedent.  if he was born in Hawaii, no problem.  if he was born elsewhere, it gets sticky.  his mother poses two problems because she was not of age and had not been in the US for the time needed to automatically pass citizenship...as the law then existed.  if he had been born in Kenya, he would have been a British citizen.  in addition, he's listed as a citizen of Indonesia in his school records there, although that might just be a matter of convenience for schooling and the fact that his mother had married an Indonesian man.

anyway, he didn't do himself any favors by hiding so much of his past.  he spent a lot of money doing it. 

this is a thing that congress really needs to address and clarify because it will come up again.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »

Obama? Yes, his past is if nothing else, murky. Even if he was born on mars, I don't think it would matter. The left is the left is the left. We should focus on repairing our country. Repairing our overseas reputation and repairing our military. While forced to deal with this man in the Whitehouse, we should actually deal with him as little as possible. Cramp his style, stop him where we can.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 07:54:28 PM »

ok

my goal for 2014 is to put as many R's in office as possible.  i don't even care if they are RINO Rs.  in some areas, like mine, a RINO is as good as you will ever get..and that's a long shot.  it's about votes this time, more than purist ideology.  we not only need a majority in the Senate, but we need a veto proof majority.  we need to get enough new blood into the house to get some of this spending stuff under control.  in the house more than the Senate, i'm after the most conservative we can get in.

2016 might be interesting.  at this moment, my first pick is Perry.  he has leadership experience, he has a proven track record, he's a good cheerleader, and as a texan, he'll scare the crap out of the rest of the world.  i'd rather be respected than loved.

i know that he's not conservative enough for some, but it will do us no good to elect a very conservative candidate who hasn't the experience to step in and lead from day one.  we don't have time for training wheels this next go.  as for VP, i like Cruz, Paul, Rubio, and several others.  don't think you could have two texans, but either paul or rubio would be a nice balance to perry. 

so...that's where i am right this second....always subject to change!

i like Palin, but god help me, her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »

Perry, ........ hmmmm. Actually, I have listened to him on several occasions. Always sounded conservative. I think he is solid. He would not be my first choice, however I would back him in a heartbeat. He has fire. I do remember his "deer in the headlight " moment. Could happen to anyone.
    The reason I like both Cruz and Lee, they NEVER let the left get away it. Both are perfectly willing to take the heat and keep banging away. In my opinion we have a real problem in the Republican party. Its the power structure.
    By the way, I have decided to rejoin the Republican party. We have a plan.  evil

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 08:49:01 PM »

i'm not that much of a party person most of the time.  some of our dems in my state are more conservative than the republicans, but right now it's about numbers.

the other one to watch is Scott Walker.  if you look at what perry and walker have done in their states, it's exactly what we need on a national scale.  that's my only hesitation with some of the others.  the thinking is right, but the experience is lacking.

who knows...by '16 everything may have changed.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 08:53:04 PM »

This is how "natural born citizen" is determined.
 http://birthers.org/USC/14.html

I find it rather silly to split hairs. The SIMPLE truth is evident. Though I'm sure a lawyer and a judge can find a way to screw it up. They always do. Undecided

Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 09:05:25 PM »

i'm not that much of a party person most of the time.  some of our dems in my state are more conservative than the republicans, but right now it's about numbers.

the other one to watch is Scott Walker.  if you look at what perry and walker have done in their states, it's exactly what we need on a national scale.  that's my only hesitation with some of the others.  the thinking is right, but the experience is lacking.

who knows...by '16 everything may have changed.....

I too like the way Walker stood up to the unions. He would be a strong candidate.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 11:27:13 PM »

I forgot to mention Kathy,  the title of the link you provided tells me plenty about which way the article is going. Yes I read it, No I do not agree.

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 05:48:59 AM »

This discussion reminds us that its almost time to stick a fork in America……thanks to many 'good intentioned' Americans..…particularly its 'insane' party system, along with its world economic controls…and restraints….. lack of unity…lack of awareness and insight…... Cry 

Our politics, our campaigns and most politicians remain a black eye for the rest of the World to witness……. rolleyes  We 'should' be embarrassed, but our fantasy belief in our extraordinary self-importance prevents it….for many….for most.   

WE DESERVE WHAT"S COMING…..WE DESERVED OBAMA (BUSH TOO).

America politics reminds me more of historical Rome every day…….. Sad

GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 09:18:15 PM »

TBeek, Have you ever read about the comparison of the US and the latter days of the Roman Empire? Pretty dang interesting stuff.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 06:28:02 AM »

TBeek, Have you ever read about the comparison of the US and the latter days of the Roman Empire? Pretty dang interesting stuff.

Of course….its why I keep making these comparisons all the time  Wink  All societies throughout the ages have made similar 'errors' in judgement….and fell for the same basic reasons…...and only came to grips with the reality of their situation when it was too late to change direction. 

"WE" have learned nothing from history because "WE" don't teach history (purposely IMO).  Most of the important stuff is left out…..what's up with that?

I have a particular fondness for "first person" accounts of historical events,  Rome's fall provided several examples that are being repeated today….. Sad

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next