Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 07:00:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found some trouble.  (Read 230 times)
tireman
New Bee
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 40

Location: LOUISVILLE MS


« on: March 08, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »

I decided to change the worst of my boxes today. I basically found a cutout. The guy I got the hives from had only 4 frames in a 10 frame Lang and comb was attached to the inner cover. I did the best I could but never saw the queen. I had some honey, lots of pollen, different stages of larvae and some nectar. I cut what comb I could and put it in foundation less frames. It was a very exciting feeling to open a hive for the first time. Weather permitting, I will do the second box next week. I peeked at it and has all ten frames so it shouldn't be as bad.
Logged

It is what it is
tefer2
Super Bee
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 2200

Location: Kalamazoo,MI


« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »

That's the way you do it. Now your hooked for sure.
Welcome to the fraternity!  Brian
Logged
bud1
Field Bee
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 745


Location: macon, Ms.


« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:42:46 AM »

I watched jp and shawee do a cut out in my yard  can I join
tireman come over to  our little gathering in april and meet a few folks
Logged

to bee or not to bee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines | Sitemap Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.432 seconds with 21 queries.

Google visited last this page October 01, 2014, 07:05:59 PM