Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 06:02:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: With the talk of cut backs in the Army  (Read 391 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: February 26, 2014, 07:00:49 AM »

www.armytimes.com/article/20140225/NEWS/302250023/Soldier-flagrantly-avoids-flag-salute-sets-off-online-outrage

I would have no problem if we make some cut backs here. Truly a shame what some wearing the uniform have become. I wish I was her NCO, she would go AWOL

Keith
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:57:23 AM »

I would be seriously surprised if she does survive this.  When I was in, she wouldn't have and military leadership was already partially politicized.  Now that things are done by a different book decided by fashion, she may very well be promoted.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:02:25 AM »

things have changed.  people keep comparing this to the carter years, but i served then.  it was depressing and there were cuts that were stupid, but good order did not suffer...well, except for that pot that we all smoked...but that was after hours   evil  we still had good, battle tested, leadership from both Korea and Vietnam. 
equipment suffered, training suffered, and numbers were pretty bad.  pay sucked a lot.

now we have better pay and spiffy equipment, but we have no leadership.  everything at the pentagon has been replaced with PC.  we have watched them decimate the command level and there's still no explanation for what has happened to most of those folks.  training consists of sensitivity training to deal with the new openly gay policies.  discipline is extended to those who break the sensitivity rules.  every government agency has millions of rounds of ammo, but there's none for state side training.....

it's mess. 

when Reagan had to rebuild the military after carter, at least he had the people to do it.  it was a matter of getting the money in for equipment and training.  he didn't have to fire the entire upper echelon of the military and start over.
i am afraid this PC crap has gone like a cancer through the military and there is no recovery this time.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
mikecva
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »

If they want cutbacks, then let them start with Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey. This administration is about to distroy our military so I would also guess that Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey will get promoted.

Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 09:01:26 PM »

I guess we can all go on welfare, the only program that never runs out of money.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
Buzzbomb
New Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »

I had soldiers do worse down range and command let things slide. I had a SPC who refused to go out the wire. Quivering lip and all. Command did nothing. I Moved the SM to a different fob that had lotsa Activity he did something then. Problem solved. The PFC who dodged the flag is the norm. As a Plt Sgt. if you ride them to hard sooner or later they will find a way to file an E.O or S.H against you.

The bad ones take a year of counseling and documented poor performance to weed out. It can be done And I did it. I watched what was built up from my first C.I.C President. Ronald Reagan be destroyed by the social modifications. You can also thank the "Surge".

Three times I was wounded in Afghanistan and never once did I cry for a Medevac. I was out on Mission the next day. And my Seniors, Peers and Subordinates alike were happy to have me with them. I wasn't going to fail them no matter what.

Something I learned from a CSM in 1989 Advice well taken
1. Lead from the front be the example
2. Always carry the heaviest pack
3. Belt fed is the way to go
4. Your troops before yourself
And one I learned on my own
5. If you promise a mom to bring her boy back home... Deliver... Done and Done

Ol' Gerke wasn't to happy about that at the time but now I think he realizes I did that for his mom not him. She got to see her son come back home. And to me that was Mission Accomplished She passed away shortly after and I wished that I had the chance to tell her how brave her son was in combat and how brave he still is

And that is all I needed for advice. I take pride in the fact that I did serve with some of the country's finest sons and daughters. And they deserve better than a flag dodging Pfc.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 06:40:57 AM »

We still had a draft when I served…….for the most part the people I met were the best of the best, some remain my friends today.  Our Military has always suffered from a 'top heavy' component so I like the idea of cut backs….unfortunately it is the troops who generally suffer.

Personally, I'd like to see a draft of some sort return………not just for mandatory military service, but public or community service as well (a possible means to earn a college degree), although I think we should have a large 'civilian' force, larger than an 'active duty' force IMO (a 'well-regulated militia, perhaps  Wink).  

I'd also like to see the elimination of 'private contractors' serving any kind of military role….that alone kept 'costs' down for generations, and provided training that could later be used as a civilian……..that is; until the advent and adoption of Uncle Milt's (Friedman) 'twisted' economic plan was first implemented in Chile just a little over 40 years ago……..we've been going downhill ever since IMO.

Today's troops are too isolated from the rest of society…thus too easily ignored and 'thrown away'…….a re-introduction of the draft would bring active duty and vets back into the fold of society in a more meaningful way.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
10framer
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 09:33:11 AM »

boot her out of the military and the country.
the image of "mcnutt" kept distracting me.  i kept thinking about mister peanut in a kilt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next