I have been involved with bees for 2 year now and have about 70 hives. Now I'm having a significant problem with SHB.
I have built out wax frames that were removed from hives that collapsed from SHB. Most were put into the freezer or refrig but some were not. Some grew a mold or nasty fungus on the wax and or wood frame. Some grew white fungus. Can this be washed out or is it necessary to scrape the hive wax off the plasticell foundation, then wash it before its reused, or do I need to throw out that frame.
If washing is ok, is it necessary to used a disinfectant soap or diluted bleach? does any one have experience and knowledge of this problem.