But my wife is concerned that it might get moldy or something in the mean time. What do we do?** emphasis added
I think "it might get" is the key point in his wife's concern...I'd agree, with ditching it if it was already moldy or showing some other problem, but that doesn't sound like the case.
Technically, nothing has to be done to this honey to keep for that short period of time. I think freezing is just the safest to avoid problems with wax moths or SHB's.
Another option would be to freeze for a few days in case to protect against wax moth larva, then let it reach room temperature and store in a bug proof container, such as tupperware.
Or...just skip the freezer and store in the container...When needed, it'll either be a slimy mess, in which case, don't use it. Or, perfectly fine, in which case, use it!