Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 12:33:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth Quake  (Read 332 times)
NCbeekeep
New Bee

« on: February 15, 2014, 10:06:28 PM »

I heard on the news today that our South Carolina brothers had a earth quake of 4.0. Over the last two or three years North & South Carolina seem to be having more of these tremors. A fault line comes right through my county and I know Charleston S.C has one. I am wondering if a big one may be coming in the near future? Hey do you think the honeybees could forecast a earth quake? I know they are sensitive to vibrations, they have let me know that more than once.

William
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 06:47:05 AM »

There is less than one percent of mentally ill people who "may" can give us a clue. My memory is pretty foggy on this.., something about the plates becoming more active and giving off magnetic (I'm not sure if it's magnetic) waves or something. Seems it makes them hallucinate more often. I've read stories where families of these same people would relocate and the hallucinations would stop.

The Madrid reaches much further than they let on. I live in central Alabama. Back in the 70's the Alabama Power Company came in and used "imminent"(sp) domain and forced the people to sell a lot of their property. The purpose was to build a nuclear power plant. Come to find out there were too many "fault" lines around here. A decade or so later they came back with more advance equipment and found either more or newer fault lines. The Madrid was mentioned, accurately or not I don't know.

I would bet there's something in nature that would clue us in, maybe the bees. My guess is they would leave the nest and hang around somewhere until the threat was over.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:44:22 AM »

Much as we beekeepers have come to believe that a colony of bees is a 'superoganism' we can take the concept even further by accepting that the EARTH is one as well.  

The Earth lives and breathes, it rejoices and suffers (suffering has become the common).  That our planet is 'alive' is undeniable to those paying attention.  Our only home is very much alive and very active………..it is humanity that has assumed the position of inaction, unaccountability, destruction, degradation, lack of respect, lack of stewardship and thus will (can only) result with our eventual death/removal by our MOTHER'S cleansing (minus some evolutionary miracle  Undecided)……….its already begun IMO…... cool

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
10framer
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:50:51 AM »

i can think of several small earthquakes in alabama since the 70's.  i was watching the news this morning (sort of) and some time in the 1890's there was a big earthquake in the carolinas that killed something like 60 people. (my facts may not be 100 percent on about that because i was only half paying attention).
Redbug
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »

We felt it here at the house. Heck...That's just ole Strom Thurmond rolling in his grave...

Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »

Okay, so I learn something new every year. I was talking with a (smarter) friend today and told him my opinion of the Madrid fault line that I thought  was as far south as our area. I told him of the Power Co's problem with the fault lines. He said instead of the Madrid it would probably be the Appalachian fault line. So tonight I went to bing'n and found this link;

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Appalachian+Mountains+Fault+Line&id=7E3D3B127869E1DE2F9E42F9B70E01B5FB0A3478&FORM=IQFRBA

He saw a documentary on it. According to this documentary if this fault line gets active again and has a big one, every bridge from Florida to Ohio would fall.

...there goes the neighborhood.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 05:29:11 AM »

Very interesting, thanks for the link.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring