Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 08:14:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Halloween's SCARY MOVIE PICKS  (Read 100 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: October 13, 2014, 12:02:14 PM »

I've been hitting the movies heavy, lots of scary ones in 2013-2014. I can't remember a year with more releases. Most are on DVD or rent now, so if you need that bit of fright in you cool crisp October air, it might be time for a bowl of popcorn and turn down the lights.

My pick for No.1 is THE CONJURING which is a well done, well acted and beautifully filmed modern masterpiece. Maybe that is a bit strong, but compared to almost anything in years, this out weighs all competition.

Simple plot, with no spoilers: it is a haunted house movie, based on the records of actual paranormal investigators who I have listened to over the years on shows like Coasttocoastam with George Noory and previously Art Bell. A very believable couple to hear recollect their experiences.

This haunting takes place in a house with a husband, wife and four daughters - not exactly their dream home and the house needs more that TLC as it has been all but abandoned for a long long time.

I'll leave it at that except to say it is a part of films that start as Insidious parts 1&2 and continue with the recent release of Annabelle. The Insidious movies (interestingly starring the actors playing paranormal couple, but just being regular parents with several kids) but Insidious 2 is a pretty good film on its own. I hear terrible things about Annebelle, it gets a 23 on Rotten Tomatoes splat meter.

But as a stand alone movie, I give "The Conjuring" my choice for this Halloween.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »

i wish scary movies got to me.  they just don't, and it takes some of the fun out of watching them.  The Exorcist was probably the last one that scared me.  maybe the first Saw just a bit.  i do like them. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next