Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 09:33:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of the Union  (Read 731 times)
asprince
Super Bee

« on: January 29, 2014, 04:18:11 PM »

Ok. I have been waiting all day for the "friendly banter" on the Presidents speech. Did no one watch?

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »

I have always been told if you can't say anything nice don't say anything so that is what I'm going to do this time. If he actually told the real state of the Union after being in charge of the Union for five years he would probably be sent back to wherever he came from.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 06:06:48 PM »

there was no SOTU address.  there was a weak rehash of past campaign speeches.  i did watch it, but since he's lied every time he's opened his mouth, it was pretty much worthless.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Leather Jim
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »

Nope, we decided to not put ourselves through yelling at the tv. Trying to maintain healthy blood pressure. : )

Jim
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 07:59:41 PM »

i'd like to know what bluebee thought of it?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
10framer
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:29 PM »

i only half way listened just more of the same.  he talked about working together but made it fairly clear that he'll still do what ever he wants no matter what.  i'm way more interested in what rand paul said about slick willy taking advantage of a young woman in the work place.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »

i'm way more interested in what rand paul said about slick willy taking advantage of a young woman in the work place.

that was kind of funny  grin

it is kind of relevant to me, though.  what kind of a woman stays with a man who does that kind of stuff.  he has a long history of it.

is she so afraid that she can't make it on her own that she wouldn't leave.?  did she sacrifice herself so that she could be close to power? i think the whole thing says a lot about what kind of a woman she really is....besides incompetent in every job....including wife?

Alexis de Tocqueville
10framer
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 10:04:52 PM »

you think hillary might like power?  i think her past says a lot about her character, i doubt it's going to matter, though.  
i was watching the cbs morning show (they pretend to be the news the first hour or so) and nora o'donnell was stabbing paul with here eyes when the topic came up.

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 08:20:17 AM »

there was no SOTU address.  there was a weak rehash of past campaign speeches.  i did watch it, but since he's lied every time he's opened his mouth, it was pretty much worthless.

They all lie.  The ability to lie (omitting the truth is equal to lying) with a straight face is required behavior for a successful politician in today's world.  Some are better at it than others.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »

[/quote]

They all lie.  The ability to lie (omitting the truth is equal to lying) with a straight face is required behavior for a successful politician in today's world.  Some are better at it than others.
[/quote]

I agree with that statement. We need to flush that giant toilet in Washington D. C.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »

why watch? he will say what the uneducated masses want to hear. its a waste of my time.

I guess I should have watched they say Willie Robertson was there would have been funny to see him on TV there

Also the father of the SEAL from Bengazi was there as well a guest of a R congressman

As far as the liar in chief I will pass

Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next