Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 03:46:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shameful truth  (Read 1497 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 11:50:39 AM »

some of them think they came from space, too.   evil

i think people have a romanticized idea of what life might be like if everyone had stayed in their little space and grilled local mammals on a spit. 

you can go back as far in history as we have history and someone was always marching, conquering, and the advances of their civilization.  it is, after all, the advanced civilization that usually wins wars...if they fight to win. 

want to know who is really responsible for Europeans ending up here in numbers?  blame the Muslims.  grin  one of the reasons for searching out new sea routes for trade was the fact that the Muslims had taken over so many of the trade routes and were taxing, or killing, travelers/traders.  at that point, the Arab and Persian countries had some of the most advanced mathematics and tech understanding on earth.    the next great leap in tech came from sea travel and the Arab countries and peoples were left behind because they were still taxing land trade instead of learning new skills.
the world moved on and they ended up back in the huts.  colonization brought them into the modern world and those with oil....well, we know how all that has gone.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 12:44:26 PM »

Quote; "some of them think they came from space, too."  I think there is plenty of evidence to substantiate that we do, we are from space. 

Perhaps you believe the world is flat too?  grin

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 02:40:21 PM »

The world ain't flat. There's hills all around here.  Kiss Kiss

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 04:29:58 AM »

I think there is plenty of evidence to substantiate that we do, we are from space. 

shocked Say What???
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 06:08:58 AM »

Oh C'mon now…….let's not drift…..  Wink

Are we 'not' all living on an orbiting planet, that's part of a solar system, that's part of a galaxy, that is IN SPACE………??  We are literally surrounded by space, bombarded daily with space dust, we breath space particles with each inhale, we are made up of the same ingredients.…….need I go on?  grin

Science is not our enemy.

deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 08:23:14 AM »

We are Stardust....
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »

we breath space particles with each inhale

We are Stardust....

some of us surely are!   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:59 AM »

I have to admit, there are a couple of real spacey ones on here.   evil grin grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 09:50:13 AM »

Well, if you don't like how Joni Mitchel puts it, perhaps Genesis might make things more palatable?
"for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Oh, and by the way, we do have to get ourselves back to the garden.

deknow
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 05:33:07 AM »

deknow;  laugh our garden is still frozen solid with 3 1/2 feet of snow covering it, but I'm with you.  We've been ordering seeds from the 3-4 dozen catalogues we've already gotten.  We'll be starting out our sweet potato 'slips' by the weekend for a June planting………we do love our sweet taters'   yum, yum…….

Seems some folks around here still think the Earth is the center of the known universe rolleyes.  I can only blame our schools, our media, our politicians and our churches…etc…oh-oh….and us of course  Wink we must also accept some responsibility…...

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 07:05:59 AM »

This topic took a strange turn,No?
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 07:26:49 AM »

Indeed; from blatant bigotry to the expanding universe and our part in it, and then back to Earth and gardening………. laugh  Gotta love it…... Smiley  I kinda like the direction it took...

deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 09:32:13 AM »

I should probably clarify...the 'Genesis' from which I quoted is not the one with Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel  Wink

deknow
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next