Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 10:00:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we hold the lame stream media in esteem  (Read 716 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: January 25, 2014, 11:09:35 AM »

They chose to follow a breaking news story of greater importance than what they were currently discussing:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/01/24/msnbc_breaking_bieber_news_video_andrea_mitchell_interupted_rep_jane_harman.html

But on the other hand she sees no legal problem with what the NSA is doing.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:55:09 PM »

Yes-I agree!  Turn off the TV NOW!  Real news and journalism is available elsewhere….we just have to look harder and deeper than previous generations, and it can be pretty foggy these days.  There are a few genuine Journalists out there reporting for all of us though...….it is up to us to ferret them out. 

I feel for the good ones.  It can be real scary out in the world whenever a journalist speaking the truth exposes the lies of the status quo.  Likely the main reason we don't see/hear more of it.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 05:41:10 AM »

Matt Tiabbi's recent contribution (#1203) to Rolling Stone (The Vampire Squid Strikes Again) is an excellent example of 'fearless' journalism for those really interested. 

Find it, read it and learn what's around the corner for us all……...

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 12:55:45 PM »

I see he neglected the part of the taxpayers being forced to own GM and then being sold out at a loss.

On another note, I don't here any commotion in liberal media about the FCC monitoring news content. A straight forward attack on the free press, after the audits, lawsuits and phone taps that have already occurred against people that report negatively on his majesty.   Can you say Pravda?
 Can anyone really think a reporter might post a less than admirable post about the government if their license could be revoked? I can see investigative reporting going away with the veiled threats just having the FCC monitoring your content ahead of time would impose.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »

Censorship in any form is wrong. I rarely watch MSM and I certainly do not esteem it, So I hesitate to even post.
Having said that, why do we think journalism is only valid when it comes by way of the big corporate outlets? Or, that a reporter must be licensed to tell the truth?  I would prefer returning to small independent regional methods that were the origins of the news media.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »

I would prefer returning to small independent regional methods that were the origins of the news media.

some of the best info comes from outside the MSM.  if you want to have them be able to continue without fear, take it up with DiFi.  She wants to define journalist/ism, so that those who do not fit the definition don't have protections.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 05:40:11 AM »

I see he neglected the part of the taxpayers being forced to own GM and then being sold out at a loss.

On another note, I don't here any commotion in liberal media about the FCC monitoring news content. A straight forward attack on the free press, after the audits, lawsuits and phone taps that have already occurred against people that report negatively on his majesty.   Can you say Pravda?
 Can anyone really think a reporter might post a less than admirable post about the government if their license could be revoked? I can see investigative reporting going away with the veiled threats just having the FCC monitoring your content ahead of time would impose.

Mother Jones (non-profit journalism) published an excellent article describing corporate control of the FCC several months ago……keep on looking…... Wink

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »

Non profit does not equate to objective.
Here is another story the mainstream media does not pick up on as it relates to the decay of the social fabric of our nation being undertaken by another darling group, the public educators:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/girls-instructed-role-play-lesbian-relationship-wo/
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 11:12:21 AM »

Mainstream promotes homosexuality. Yesterday on our local morning new, CBS, The big story was about the first openly GAY MBA player getting in the game. They told how many minutes he played, didn't score ect, ect. And how great it was.
 It's being forced on our society. The shame is that our young kids are sometimes the victims as in the link.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »

The same bunch also advocated this against young boys:
http://jonathanturley.org/2013/12/11/colorado-school-suspends-six-year-old-boy-for-sexual-harassment-after-he-kisses-girl-on-hand/
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 03:21:15 PM »

So…………..as was previously advised…...and apparently needs a repeat (?)………….turn the channel, or better yet just turn the TV off  Smiley, cancel the USA Today and People and Esquire subscriptions, etc…….then 'turn on' to the multiple alternatives 'widely' available. 

If more people were spending more time seeking out the journalistic alternatives available to us and spent less time obsessing over the crap from MSM, one can only wonder what kind of effect it would have on MSM  Wink ……..just saying…….. Smiley……..There is SO MUCH MORE going on in the world….

Quote from buzzbee;  "Non profit does not equate to objective"  … huh…..I'm not sure what that even means.  Would you care to elaborate?

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »

You mentioned that Mother Jones was nonprofit as if it made them more credible. You highlighted the non profit journalism.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 05:29:08 PM »

You mentioned that Mother Jones was nonprofit as if it made them more credible. You highlighted the non profit journalism.

And your point is………..?     huh

Are Non-Profits 'less' credible than the MSM we love to complain about?   Please explain if that's the case.

Who's axe are we gonna grind on this thread anyway?  Are you for or against the MSM?

BTW; I put 'non-profit' in parentheses, not highlights, and it was meant as 'informational' nothing else (although I do consider MJ "VERY" credible, they have the awards to substantiate it  Smiley ).  Any assumption (s) made that they are 'more' credible was/is yours my brother, not me.  Your tone implies some hostility  Undecided…….but I'm guessing its just a misunderstanding instead. 

Are you familiar w/ MJ, or any other 'fearless' journalism?  You'll find that MOST is NON-PROFIT.  \

And please tell me if its true; what do you have against non-profits?  …...Or - am I just assuming?  grin

jayj200
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 08:16:18 PM »

My mantra don't let it eat you up! get even. vote the bums out of office.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 07:30:55 AM »

I have nothing against non profits.You just have to realize they usually have an agenda just like the for profits. There was some intent with making the point they were nonprofit or you wouldn't have thrown that into the post.
The IRS seems to have the biggest problem with non profits if they appear to be conservative.
As far as awards,it just depends on who hands them out.The academy awards and golden globe awards are perfect examples of meaningless awards,as well as the Times person of the year award. And let's not forget the lack of credibility of recent Nobel Peace prize awards.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »

I have nothing against non profits.You just have to realize they usually have an agenda just like the for profits. There was some intent with making the point they were nonprofit or you wouldn't have thrown that into the post.
The IRS seems to have the biggest problem with non profits if they appear to be conservative.
As far as awards,it just depends on who hands them out.The academy awards and golden globe awards are perfect examples of meaningless awards,as well as the Times person of the year award. And let's not forget the lack of credibility of recent Nobel Peace prize awards.

Yeah-but at least the non-profits agenda are up front and center, not hidden behind a curtain designed by Madison Avenue or Wall-Street.  I'll take the credibility of a 'non-profit journalists report' over one coming from the MSM anytime  Wink  Please don't 'assume' to know what you can't possibly know (anothers intentions).  Its just disrespectful.

Awards given for 'Journalistic Excellence' isn't something to be minimized…or ignored…..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:41:44 AM by T Beek » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next