Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 12:54:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $415,688,781,248.40  (Read 1248 times)
hjon71
Field Bee

« on: January 18, 2014, 08:55:03 PM »

That is the interest payment for 2013 on our national debt. If you were wondering...
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »

huh
I am amazed and confused again. 77 views so far but no comments.....
Where is the Emoticon for circling the drain? LOL
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:28 AM »

What can anyone say? The Democrates can't say anything because their president has made that alot worse. The Republicans can't say anything because the people they have in the House that are suppose to control the money go along with the Democrates and Obama everytime spending comes up. This new budget and dept ceiling spats are my example of what I'm talking about.  huh shocked
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »

When you announce the death of something as great as the USA was, what kind of reply do you want?

My condolences? It was a great nation, sorry to see it go?
There's just not too much one can say.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »

These astronomical interest payments aren't new.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm

There is a problem no doubt. I'm not sure enough people understand the root of our problems.

Here's a hint:
Check out debt vs. interest paid for a few random years
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 06:20:03 PM »

When you announce the death of something as great as the USA was, what kind of reply do you want?

yep! you get what you deserve/vote for, I know its hard  but thats life. Its the same over here, see, we are not so different, just separated by the same language!

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 07:38:07 PM »

Cider, i had that conversation with my BIL.  he and my sister live in your neighborhood.  he said that his parents generation doesn't care that GB isn't so great anymore because they get everything from food to housing pretty much given to them.  his generation doesn't care because they don't know any different.

the thing that surprised him most about our family and other Americans is that they are always thinking about doing something.  something else, something better, something different.  just as an example, until he met and married my sister, he had not thought about owning his own home.  it seems a small thing, but he never pictured himself as a "land owner".  that was an adventure to far for him.   grin  His brother has a business and owns a home, but his great goal each year is just to make enough to take a vacation somewhere. 

don't know if i am explaining this to well, but i think that's what we are losing;  our sense of adventure and the sense that we can do, or be, anything.  in another generation it won't matter. no one will remember.  that's sad. 
i used to read stories of British adventurers exploring the world and doing great things.  soon American adventures will only be in books.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »

If the Left has their way it won't be in books even. They hate American greatness and they control what is in books now at least books that our youth are allowed to read. Cry
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 11:30:04 AM »

what can we do? I see the crop of politicians we send to DC they have no want to change the status quo. the Tea party wanted to do something now they are labeled racist whack jobs cause they wanted to "gasp" reduce wasteful spending. The media vilified them
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 02:53:41 PM »

what can we do? I see the crop of politicians we send to DC they have no want to change the status quo. the Tea party wanted to do something now they are labeled racist whack jobs cause they wanted to "gasp" reduce wasteful spending. The media vilified them

Yep, the Tea Party has been "Alinskied". Will not stop us though. We are in it for the duration. 
    Hamilton, our first Treasury Secretary, believed in and planted, national debt.
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 04:26:32 PM »

Cider, i had that conversation with my BIL.  he and my sister live in your neighborhood.  he said that his parents generation doesn't care that GB isn't so great anymore because they get everything from food to housing pretty much given to them.  his generation doesn't care because they don't know any different.

the thing that surprised him most about our family and other Americans is that they are always thinking about doing something.  something else, something better, something different.  just as an example, until he met and married my sister, he had not thought about owning his own home.  it seems a small thing, but he never pictured himself as a "land owner".  that was an adventure to far for him.   grin  His brother has a business and owns a home, but his great goal each year is just to make enough to take a vacation somewhere. 

don't know if i am explaining this to well, but i think that's what we are losing;  our sense of adventure and the sense that we can do, or be, anything.  in another generation it won't matter. no one will remember.  that's sad. 
i used to read stories of British adventurers exploring the world and doing great things.  soon American adventures will only be in books.

Kathy
Chard is over the hills and far Way, well about 25 miles! Smiley I'm probably as guilty as you about explanations, don't you think throughout history nations have risen and then declined? We have been to the dizzy heights then found the world overtaking us! yet we still manage to give away far too much money, just reached .7% of GDP. I love the old saying "charity begins at home" Politicions love giving away other peoples money (same the world over I suppose) I think you are correct about the US about another 30 years or so, sooner if the debts are called in. Back to what you were saying re B- in- L I stand to be corrected but I think in Germany more people rent than buy their own homes and I don't think you could call the Germans unproductive Sad The trouble is the cost of property in this country is so expensive, young people are finding it very hard to get on the property ladder. Couple of years ago on a cruise to the Caribbean from Florida I got talking to a Canadian banker he advised to buy forclosed houses, 4 bedroom properties going for $88000 and to keep it as a holiday home! In some parts of London you could not get a garden shed for that! Sad

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »

but I think in Germany more people rent than buy their own homes and I don't think you could call the Germans unproductive

it's less about productivity than about expectations.  not sure you can use the Germans as the norm for anything.   Wink  cost is certainly an issue.  we paid less for our farm than my sister paid for their townhouse. 

countries rise and fall, it's true.  this was so preventable and done on purpose because of a particular word view.  this bunch believes that it's not fair for us to be what we are.  for that matter, they pretty much hate all 1st world countries and your in particular.  Obama detests the "colonialist" countries and thinks that all they have, they stole from others.  with all leftists, he shares the belief that it is more fair to bring down the rich, than to bring up the poor. 

i have a prediction about Obama:  after his presidency, he will lobby to be part of the UN.  he'll want some position that will allow him to shape policy.  since no republican president would appoint him, he'll need to get in there some other way.  that might be the time he'd want to embrace his potential duel citizen ship of either Indonesian, or British.  i believe he could qualify for either with the right help from friends in high places.  British in particular might be easy.
If we have a democrat elected, he'll be appointed.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »

pink elephant
It is right ^there^
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »

Minus the dollar sign, I thought it was the worlds longest IP address...

We're Screwed forever  beat a dead horse

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 06:03:11 PM »

Minus the dollar sign, I thought it was the worlds longest IP address...

We're Screwed forever  beat a dead horse

Or at least as long as Banks are allowed to create money out of nothing, then "loan" it to us @interest.

Question:
If money is created from nothing and loaned at interest, where does the money come from to pay that interest?

Don't get me started on Fractional Reserve Banking. Which is a whole other issue.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »

It's not only the banks, Hjon. the fed printing press running with quantitive easing also contributes to this. Money for nothing!
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:23 PM »

It's not only the banks, Hjon. the fed printing press running with quantitive easing also contributes to this. Money for nothing!

My point exactly. The Fed is a bank.

The Fed doesn't own the printing press. The US Treasury Dept. does.  CRAZY I know.

It works like this:
Congress says Hey Treasury Dept. we need money to fund Project.
Treasury says Hey Fed here's some Tbills. Loan me some money for them.
Fed says Sure, why not. Go ahead and print Amount=Tbills.
So the Treasury does and we are that much deeper in debt.

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 06:35:03 AM »

These astronomical interest payments aren't new.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm

There is a problem no doubt. I'm not sure enough people understand the root of our problems.

Here's a hint:
Check out debt vs. interest paid for a few random years

Many folks simply don't want to know, and they sure don't want to understand.  And they hate being reminded about it…….IMO. 

Heck, I doubt there are many in Congress who fully understand the 'root' of our problems, especially those who benefit from those problems.  They don't want to.

"If you go around pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean"   (SAINT) Bob Marley

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 09:33:02 AM »

Actually, there's plenty that 'could' be said……………………. Wink

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »

Okay.... you want to go nuts (or blind) really quick, click the link below. In some strange way it reminds me of the movie War Games - ummmmm Ally Sheedy, man was I in love with her back then. But when the computer went into game mode playing Thermonuclear War, Professor Faulkin said to it as the computer tried to compare tic-tac-toe with Global annihilation. The professor said inquisitively to the computer named after his dead son "What are you doing Joshua?" the most memorable line for me, and when I look at this page with DOZENS of real-time DEBT CLOCKS, I say to myself, what are we doing?

I ask the same of the link below "What are we doing?" to ourselves, our children and a dozen generations following them.  

That calls for another movie quote, this time from Bill Paxton in Aliens "Game Over Man... Game over!"

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:24:02 PM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next