Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 04:52:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heartbreaking  (Read 1617 times)
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« on: January 14, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »

Yesterday I heard liberal commentator Mara Eliesson, (spelling?) say, " the threat of a "death spiral" for Obamacare is over! "  Yes it looks like the hooks are in and Obamacare will now be forever.
 My daughter told me she needs to find another job because her hours have been cut. Employer told employees this is due to Obamacare.
 While at the Safeway store I asked the checker if Safeway was hiring? She told me no, her hours have been cut back, she said this is due to Obamacare. She didn't know of any hiring.         
 Also yesterday, I spoke with a friend of mine who has been unemployed, down and out, for the past three years. (His house is paid off) He now has medicare. He makes money working side jobs. He offered he makes about $80 per week. He voted for Obama. When I told him of my daughter's and the Safeway employee's experience, he said, "well that's not happening to everyone!"
 My Kaiser premium went up $100.00 per month last April. To my discussed it doubled December. However I'm now covered if I grow boobs or decide to go transgender. Really. I'm serious. I'm now covered for these things.
 Americans now accept Americans have and will lose control over their own lives. Government has taken away our freedom. All powerful. Our neighbors don't seem to care.
 I don't know if I'm just having a bad day or is this really the end of the America I loved. 
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »

This isn't the end. The end started in 1964 and culminated in 2008.
People are just now realizing it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »

i'll agree with the start, but i do not think we have seen the culmination.  the news that the "private" insurance policies are going to be subsidized over a certain dollar amount, was something unknown, but not a surprise.

the goal is single payer.  they are getting close with all those they have signed up for medicare and those they have subsidized.

the Brits who are in medicine will tell you that it took about 20 years to go from being the best medical system in the world, to being mediocre and broke.  that's how long it took to get noticeably behind in standards of care, and the time it took for facilities to begin to degrade.  without the money to keep up, they didn't.
They will tell you that great research is done in GB.  they are correct.  what they don't tell you is that the results of that research are often denied their own patients because of cost.

not to worry.  Costa Rica is doing a booming free market medical business. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 04:58:25 PM »

This isn't the end. The end started in 1964 and culminated in 2008.
People are just now realizing it.

WHAT???  I've been told my entire life that the end began in '1913' with the Federal Reserve…. laugh  I've been such a fool  Smiley….we better fix those History Books….or maybe just burn em all…….. grin

Closer to the end now…….can you all feel it?……LOVE...

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »

"" I've been such a fool ""

I didn't say it, you did.   lau

Maybe we should just go back to the history books you and I were taught by. They are outlawed today, tho, so we will have to keep them hid.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 04:35:00 AM »

"" I've been such a fool ""

I didn't say it, you did.   lau

Maybe we should just go back to the history books you and I were taught by. They are outlawed today, tho, so we will have to keep them hid.

I still have (most of) mine…..and a few that some 'attempted' to remove from the world an/or unsuccessfully discredit.  Studied Psychology and Economics in College but HISTORY and collecting 'old' books has been my passion for most of my adult life.

sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 10:31:51 AM »

FoxCreek the Obama health care act is just the tip of it all. If something doesn't change our freedoms will be like the old USSR or worst. And like you said people do not realize it, until it hits them in the face like the cases you talked about.
"Oh this is America that will not happen here".

"IF YOU LIKE YOUR INSURANCE YOU CAN KEEP YOUR INSURANCE." President Barak Obama= yr. 2009-2013
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 10:55:37 AM »

Here's the next step to sharia law totality.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/14/first-grader-told-to-stop-talking-about-bible/?intcmp=latestnews

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:02:36 PM »

sometimes old history is as inaccurate as new history.  look back at many of the writings post civil war.  that history depends very much on where you were, and most of it from both sides is inaccurate.  it is no wonder we ended up with only part of the story, many times rewritten.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 04:56:31 PM »

I think what is most disturbing to me, what really hit home, was my friend was accepting free medical, 80 per week income as just fine! He couldn't care less if others were being negatively effected by Obamacare. He is getting his free stuff and that is all that matters.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »

unfortunatly, there are more and more people like that...and it will get worse.

a few years ago, the Brits wanted to charge a pound or two for certain types of visits.  not only would it help with cost, but it would discourage people from using the facilities for things like a drippy nose.  there was an absolute uproar over this because the people were promised FREE health care.

here in Oregon, the medicaid people can't be charged for abuse of the facilities.  if i miss an appointment at my clinic and have not called to cancel, i will be charged 10 dollars.  if a medicaid patient misses, they will be charged nothing.  they take up the largest % of appointments, tend to be late or not show up, and take the most time to see.  not my thoughts, but the stats from the clinic.  nothing can be done about it.  it's "free". 

Alexis de Tocqueville
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »

I'll agree with the start, but i do not think we have seen the culmination.  the news that the "private" insurance policies are going to be subsidized over a certain dollar amount, was something unknown, but not a surprise.

the goal is single payer.  they are getting close with all those they have signed up for medicare and those they have subsidized.

the Brits who are in medicine will tell you that it took about 20 years to go from being the best medical system in the world, to being mediocre and broke.  that's how long it took to get noticeably behind in standards of care, and the time it took for facilities to begin to degrade.  without the money to keep up, they didn't.
They will tell you that great research is done in GB.  they are correct.  what they don't tell you is that the results of that research are often denied their

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:55:50 PM by cidersabuzzin » Logged

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 04:55:38 PM »

unfortunately, there are more and more people like that...and it will get worse.

a few years ago, the Brits wanted to charge a pound or two for certain types of visits.  not only would it help with cost, but it would discourage people from using the facilities for things like a drippy nose.  there was an absolute uproar over this because the people were promised FREE health care.

here in Oregon, the medicaid people can't be charged for abuse of the facilities.  if i miss an appointment at my clinic and have not called to cancel, i will be charged 10 dollars.  if a medicaid patient misses, they will be charged nothing.  they take up the largest % of appointments, tend to be late or not show up, and take the most time to see.  not my thoughts, but the stats from the clinic.  nothing can be done about it.  it's "free". 

Kathy
As a point of interest, what would be the cost (insurance wise) for a family of four per month if not provided by an employer?
Family in good health except the father who is suffering from cancer, he requires MRI scans, chemotherapy etc. What happens when the policy comes up for renewal?

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 05:30:12 PM »

Kathy
As a point of interest, what would be the cost (insurance wise) for a family of four per month if not provided by an employer?
Family in good health except the father who is suffering from cancer, he requires MRI scans, chemotherapy etc. What happens when the policy comes up for renewal?

don't want to dodge your question, but i can't really give you an answer.  various companies had various policies.  the same with individuals.  you had a lot of choices...some good and some bad.
generally, when a company provided insurance they did a group policy, so the renewal was by company and not individual policy.  it was a problem that needed fixing, that policies had limits and could be canceled under certain circumstances...but contrary to what has been said, this was not a common occurrence.  

in no way i am saying that what we were doing was perfect.  there are plenty of things that needed to be changed, but those changes were constantly blocked by the left because their goal is universal health care.
  you have a kind of two tiered system.  NHS and private.  the goal here has been is more a Canadian type thing where you have no choice but the government.  in fact, we already kind of have your system, it's just not recognized by most.  

we have a huge medicaid system that covers the poor.  unlike your system, it's not for everyone.  we expected those who could pay, to do so.  we have medicare that covers the elderly.  
where we were lacking most was with the working poor.  they often didn't get good coverage from their jobs, and made to much to get free care...but they did get care...just by way of emergency rooms and clinics sometimes.  

i was a bit shocked to find that many Europeans had this Dickens vision of diseased and poor Americans dying in the gutter for lack of medical care!

this is not a debate about care.  no one goes without care.  this is a debate about ideology.  about govenrment control of something where the government really should have no business.

if the changes that many of us had advised over the years had been implemented, care and insurance would cost less, and the consumer would have far more control in care and spending.  but then....how would the leftist convince people to turn the system over to them??   evil

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:20:13 PM by kathyp » Logged

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »

Interesting this post came up again today. Yesterday I received a phone call from the Tea Party Patriots. (a group I have belonged to from the beginning). They asked for my permission to lead with my daughter's story at their website this Thursday. Of coarse, I agreed. I had written a piece about this last September. I had forgotten all about it. My daughter's situation is a little different now. She had taken a second job trying to get ahead. This second job was no better as the employer would not give more than 20 some hours, due to Obamacare. When trying to work two part time jobs, scheduling becomes an issue. Add in school and....... What a friggin mess. Thanks Obama!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 08:02:48 PM »

Iddee contrast your story with this one:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/13/Minneapolis-City-Hall-Celebrates-Hijab-Day
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »

Just another step taken. Obamanites are winning. The USA is on a path to doom, and it doesn't look like it is going to wake up in time.

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »

Our coming doom has nothing to do with Obamacare, but has much to do with our petty devisions…which has kept our eyes 'off' the ball of reality…..

Don't worry….it'll be OK…and even better after the dust settles……  laugh laugh laugh

Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 07:15:26 PM »

Now for something constructive. .... Why do some scream for attention? Perhaps they FEEL they were ignored in youth.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 07:29:28 PM »

Now for something constructive. .... Why do some scream for attention? Perhaps they FEEL they were ignored in youth.

Do you mean like…..politicians and their TV wannabees?  Or is there something more sinister that you're leaning toward?   Wink

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next