Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 02:41:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECONOMICS 101  (Read 373 times)
T Beek
Super Bee

« on: January 14, 2014, 06:22:00 AM »

All students enrolled in Economic study must be able to define and 'explain' these terms and the Economic LAWS associated with them;

LABOR, WEALTH, WAGES, CAPITAL, INTEREST, POLITICAL ECONOMY as opposed to NATURAL ECONOMY. 

They must also know and explain the "LAWS" of DISTRIBUTION, AND RENT, The causes of INTEREST and 'false' interest, the LAWS of WAGES and INTEREST and be able to correlate those LAWS with the LAWS of DISTRIBUTION.  They must be able to recognize  and explain the true functions of CAPITAL. 

These terms and ECONOMIC LAWS represent a minimum of what any first year Economics student would be expected to know and understand.

****Economics may be called the 'dismal science' by economists; but it is science non-the-less****.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:51:00 AM »

And is worth a total of less than 2 cents when laid beside the school of hard knocks and grubbing.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:24:31 AM »

Yep, there it is………. Undecided

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »

We aren't that much different, tbeek. It's just that you want to give them a fish and I want to teach them to fish.

Let them get a bit cold or hungry and work won't look so menacing.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:52:43 AM »

We aren't that much different, tbeek. It's just that you want to give them a fish and I want to teach them to fish.

**emphasis added

Agree...Fear is wonderful motivator!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:03:36 AM »

**emphasis added

Agree...Fear is wonderful motivator!

I agree completely; just look what manufactured fear has done to this Country and the World.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:49 AM »

Desire, and knowing the only solution to that desire is work, study, and conserve, is what I consider the great motivator.
Remove the work and study, and the need to conserve, and the desire is gone. What remains is a weak and dependent animal with no hope or ambition. That is what the war on poverty has accomplished.

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »

Desire, and knowing the only solution to that desire is work, study, and conserve, is what I consider the great motivator.
Remove the work and study, and the need to conserve, and the desire is gone. What remains is a weak and dependent animal with no hope or ambition. That is what the war on poverty has accomplished.

"Humans seek to satisfy their desires with the least amount of exertion" 

This historically correct axiom is the basis for 'political' economies, and out of which it always proceeds. 

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:29:37 AM »

Your phrase suits the bottom and the top doesn't it?
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 05:09:25 AM »

Your phrase suits the bottom and the top doesn't it?

Yes, a reality transcending all Classes, equally figurative or literal as well as psychological.  Also; in the 'phrasing' itself,  The bottom refers to the reality of the top; the top being an ancient observation of human nature and the bottom a more recent connection with that old observation.  I do love language….

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next