Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 01, 2014, 11:10:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bridgegate and the Media coverage  (Read 424 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: January 10, 2014, 02:24:04 PM »

is it just me or is the coverage of Christie a tad much? The media seems they are out to connect the guy to the scandal and will stop at nothing until they do.

Let's get it out the way. I believe he knew from the get go about it and he is trying to distance himself from it. I don't argue that point. The issue I have is the extensive media coverage and the lack of media coverage of other major issue namely those involving Chicago Jesus.

The media has erupted and focused on the fact that Christie said he didn't know about the issue. But obama has plead ignorance on every issue and he gets a pass from the media on scandals like Bengazi to the healthcare rollout to the tea party IRS scandal fast and furious the list is endless. But he walks up says I didn't know and that's the end of it. No one has been fired in relation to a single scandal, on the contrary the idiot Sandra Rice that continued to say bengazi was related to a cartoon has since been promoted for her ignorance. Hilary Clinton saying what difference does it matter that US citizens were dragged into the streets and killed

To me this proves the left bias in the media when they react to stories in this way

truly a shame what the media has become

Keith
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »

Too much, of course.  It is what it is.  A distraction.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »

There was 17 times the coverage from the main three news outfits about the bridge in one day [yesterday] then it has been about the IRS targeting conservative in six months . That is from a study group not me say it. Do you recon the White House has them in there back pocket. Sad
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 06:18:01 PM »

+1 what TBeek said.

I’m not convinced Christie knew what his minions were up to.  There is no way the top guy of any organization is going to know all the little details of what goes on; that’s why they have subordinates!  One guy can’t know and do everything; although you might think so based on the salary they command.  Even our hero Reagan didn’t know what was going on most of the time.  He missed little details like the whole Iran-Contra scheme…allegedly.  Bush missed little details like no weapons of mass destruction…allegedly. 

This is another case of politicians working against the people, instead of for us.  Maybe the coverage will make the next guy (or gal) think twice before working against us.  I will agree this is getting way too much media coverage when there are much more important national problems at hand.  Like how a company can be allowed to contaminate the water of an entire major city (Charleston WV).     
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »

Like how a company can be allowed to contaminate the water of an entire major city (Charleston WV).     

bet the EPA or one of the alphabet agencies required the chemical to keep dust down, or something along those lines.

Bluebee, it's not about who knew what, it's about media coverage.  it is interesting that with things like the IRS scandal, there was 0 coverage for days.  no curiosity about the lies told about Bengazi, who knew what when, who was responsible for the security decisions, etc.

i don't care that the press is all over Christie.  i do care that the press covers for this admin and it's lies. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 05:23:32 AM »

I think Christie may have an ego thing going on. Over a hundred minute press conference? That's longer than some movies.

The scene behind the scene could be that the media is trying to position Boehner (sp) for the nominee.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 06:13:45 AM »

LOL, I would vote for a complete incompetent like Palin before I would even consider letting Boehner run an ice cream cart.  Nobody knows how to shoot themselves in the foot like the Republican Party. laugh  I just wonder if they can top the circus of their 2012 primary.   

At least it looks like Christie is making progress losing weight.   
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »

Liberal polls show Christie as winning in a bid against Hillary. Why not scorch earth him now?
Liberal politicians live and die by the polls.
However, you have to give him credit for firing someone rather than administrative leave or reassignment to a different position.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »

"Liberals this, liberals that"  Why do some insist on a 'categorized' segment of the population in order to make an argument, while ignoring their own contribution?  A more inclusive and truthful statement might be;

"All politicians live and die by the polls"  The examples are plentiful enough and hardly favor one side or the other.  As I already said, its all a distraction, even this very discussion is a waste of energy and serves no purpose other than to keep our 'illusionary' divisions alive and well……so we don't notice what's really going on  shocked.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 06:46:11 AM »

"Liberals this, liberals that"  Why do some insist on a 'categorized' segment of the population in order to make an argument, while ignoring their own contribution?  A more inclusive and truthful statement might be;

"All politicians live and die by the polls"  The examples are plentiful enough and hardly favor one side or the other.  As I already said, its all a distraction, even this very discussion is a waste of energy and serves no purpose other than to keep our 'illusionary' divisions alive and well……so we don't notice what's really going on  shocked.

Hate wasting your time and energy TBeek, but it was your decision to read and respond. Guess it's like a car wreck, couldn't help buta block out of the way to see what happened.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 07:02:56 AM »

I 'choose' to look at the BIG picture, all sides if you will.  I'm not satisfied by the narratives coming from either or any of them (a more 'fair and balanced' view perhaps?)

I'm not sure 'what' you're looking at  huh  Well, to be truthful I guess I do know, because I look there too grin

BTW; Thanks for making my point and continuing the divide.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next