I got my first two packages of bees at the start of November, one of the queens was DOA, so I combined the two packages. At the start of December, I got another two packages, along with an extra queen. I did some juggling and ended up with four hives.
Earlier in November, I had a go at splitting an abandoned hive at Dad's place, but that didn't work out so well; the split died off. On 27 December last year, I had another crack at it, but this time rather than split into an 8 frame deep hive, I made myself a nuc hive and tried that; it worked!
Here's the result, filmed yesterday. Tomorrow, I'm going to build another nuc hive and if any of these queen cells are still viable, I'll use them for a head start on another hive.