Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 02:07:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: chill map  (Read 588 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: January 07, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »

i just looked at it.  some of you southern folks must be freezing your backsides off!!  i bet Bud even put on a shirt   evil

all joking aside,  you all take care.  this cold for you can be as dangerous as your heat is for us northerners!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:44:39 PM »

We had balmy -4  last night which wasn't that bad for us until 10:00PM when my power went out.  No power no heat! 
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:10:38 PM »

We went down to 26 degrees last night. Better than the teens they were expecting.
Jim

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »

6 Kathy  only stuck my nose out to feed the dog

to bee or not to bee
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »

sad  isn't your dog in with you?  it needs to be warm too!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 06:41:29 PM »

At 0900 MST this morning the news man announced it was warmer in Great Falls Montana at that time than in New Orleans or Tallahassee!  The eaves are dripping here.  Weekend is supposed to be fifties.  Wish I could get my Lemon tree to bloom or there will be no Lemon Meringue pie next Christmas! 
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »

we have 40's coming the Sat. but they say rain.  With the 3 ft of snow and then ice on top this will kick up the winter kill index on our deer herd
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 10:46:31 PM »

The epizootic/ blue tongue has more than decimated our deer herds last couple years.  Antelope too in places.  No doe tags most places for a while.  Our snow on the plains will probably all melt again this coming week but we would take the rain.
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »

Stayed in the single digits Monday and low teens Tuesday here in Mt Juliet Tn. And it's rough on the cows and chickens and hard to keep water for them to drink. I'm hoping the bees make it through this till Thursday when it's supposed to warm up. I did see several dead SHB on the landing boards after the cold Friday so it may help in some ways.
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 08:05:08 PM »

I had 9 one night and 13 the next night. We went below freezing Monday - day and didn't come out of it until sometimes today (wed).

Monday was my rotating off day. I was messing around doing several different things and also building some inner covers. I think my brad gun either got moisture and froze or just wore out because it quit working about 30 minutes before dark. So I started batting down the hatches, when I left the chicken pen I looked over toward the goats and the six little ones were running, jumping, playing, and just having a grand ole time. When I walked inside I looked at the temperature and it was 23. I was thinking they ought to be seeking a warm spot in the tons of additional pine straw I added that day, but they decided it was playtime instead.

Around 70 predicted for this weekend.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 04:53:55 AM »

We’re -11F again this morning. Sad  I don’t mind winter, but this sub 0F crap does wear on a person after a while.   I start to go stir crazy when I can’t get outside and do something due to bitter cold.  If the Earth goes back into a cold pattern, I might have to move back down to Tennessee  grin  I hear Mount Juliet is nice down there  Smiley 
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 05:54:50 AM »

-19 this AM with weekend predictions 'above' freezing with mixed snow and rain.  Honestly I'd rather have the cold.  Its winter and up here we have another 3-4 months before the dandelions bloom……...

Seems we are experiencing weather 'extremes' in America.  Smiley  We are below average and much of Europe is above average. 

Well, who would have thunk that ?  grin  Only those watching weather outside the U.S.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »

And 99% of bee keepers   Cry

I do enjoy a break from the cold every few weeks, but we just haven't had any yet this winter.  The only time we've been above 32F we had an ice storm that knocked out power for a week...and still didn't melt all the snow.  Sounds like we might have a repeat this weekend.  Oh joy.  I've gotten spoiled by the occasional 50F to 55F winter breaks we've been accustomed to since Dubya took over.  
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 06:06:08 AM »

We are below average and much of Europe is above average. 

I hope our friend Finski's bees aren't melting.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 06:52:46 AM »

I had 9 one night and 13 the next night. We went below freezing Monday - day and didn't come out of it until sometimes today (wed).

Monday was my rotating off day. I was messing around doing several different things and also building some inner covers. I think my brad gun either got moisture and froze or just wore out because it quit working about 30 minutes before dark. So I started batting down the hatches, when I left the chicken pen I looked over toward the goats and the six little ones were running, jumping, playing, and just having a grand ole time. When I walked inside I looked at the temperature and it was 23. I was thinking they ought to be seeking a warm spot in the tons of additional pine straw I added that day, but they decided it was playtime instead.

Around 70 predicted for this weekend.

Cool.  We kept goats for several years.  What an entertaining animal, especially the kids  laugh  We miss having them, all but the scuff marks and poop they would leave on my truck  laugh  That's been replaced by yellow bee poo  laugh

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next