Need Bees Removed?
Beekeeping Forums
December 26, 2014, 06:01:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page
   Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What frames have mid-frame self-spacers?  (Read 287 times)
House Bee
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 100

Location: Ugchelen, Netherlands

« on: January 02, 2014, 02:10:06 PM »

Hello everyone

Can anyone here identify the frames in the image below? They have a self-spacer about halfway down the depth of the frame. What are these spacers called? Do you know of other frames that have them?


Samuel Murray, Ugchelen, Netherlands
6 hives in 3 locations (4 x Buckfast F2++, 2 x Ligustica F1+)
Galactic Bee
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4514

Location: Mid Michigan

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:33:29 PM »

Hey, those are Robo spacers. Wink  I use the same thing on my Jumbo frames.  You don’t want a really long surface area for the bees to propolize frames together on the big frames, hence something like this is a good replacement for the Hoffman spacers IMO.  Actually I believe Brother Adam used the idea of a simpler spacer decades ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines | Sitemap Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.

Google visited last this page December 24, 2014, 08:14:53 AM