The real problem is that the bees can't read the rules. :-D
She did you a favor. Last year, I made 12 splits, took from 3 to 6 frames from every hive. I only moved one queen to the new nuc. Hives were all real strong and I was having a hard time finding the queens. During the next 4 weeks, we had several cold snaps. Half of the nucs had there queens cells chilled and I had to add new frames of larvae so that they could make new queens. If I had moved all of the queens, the stronger original hives probably would not have had this problem.
Three weeks later while I had the original hives on gallberry for honey production I had several hives swarm right when I needed them producing honey. That would not have happened if I had moved the queens.