Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 09:22:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong with American society?  (Read 3522 times)
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2014, 12:28:57 AM »

The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.
-Ferdinand Foch

We could all stand some fanning.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2014, 05:00:02 AM »

tbeek, back off, dang it. I like to argue with you. You just need to learn when to back up and let things cool. Don't fan the flames.

I'm sorry iddee, truly and honestly, but this…..THIS PLACE….is not conducive to, nor inclusive enough for real arguing or debating.  Everyones opinions are not welcome here, and heck if someone happens to be smart and is unwilling to 'dumb down' even the mods attack them………How 'should' someone/anyone react?

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2014, 05:45:23 AM »

The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.
-Ferdinand Foch

We could all stand some fanning.

I respectfully AGREE;  FAN THE FLAMES OF HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS!!!!

I believe we need millions of souls burning to provide the weapon necessary to overcome our current woes, enough to spread the light around the globe.  Maybe billions are what's needed  Wink  Its gonna be a while yet….. Smiley

BTW;  I've NEVER called anyone stupid, heck I don't believe I've ever called 'anyone' any names.  EVIDENCE please!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:46:28 AM by T Beek » Logged

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »

I believe the post before your last proves that you have to dumb down to our level?

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2014, 12:30:09 PM »

I'm sorry iddee, truly and honestly, but this…..THIS PLACE….is not conducive to, nor inclusive enough for real arguing or debating.  Everyones opinions are not welcome here, and heck if someone happens to be smart and is unwilling to 'dumb down' even the mods attack them………How 'should' someone/anyone react?

i can only speak for myself and apologize for being to dumb to get your brilliant points. 

i have never known anyone with an opposing point of view...to anything...not to be welcome to express that point, and try to convince others of it.  having acknowledged that i am a little dim, i might have missed it.  i never confused access with acceptance.  maybe that was my mistake. 

no one can say that you didn't do the best that you are capable of, teaching us things that we seem not to be able to understand.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2014, 12:38:41 PM »

T-Beek

I don't see a word in any of your posted ever edited or manipulated in any way, no one has restricted you from writing about anything - too tell you to keep to the topic and not characterize other members is not sanctioning you in any way, but you seem to insist that you are censored.

I'll keep this quick, consider yourself warned officially for making statements against the way moderators try to calm down your rhetoric, and making negative comments about members.

You made this statements:

"THIS PLACE…. is not conducive to, nor inclusive enough for real arguing or debating.  Everyone's opinions are not welcome here, and heck if someone happens to be smart and is unwilling to 'dumb down' even the mods attack them…" and "I should know better than to engage others in any form of intelligent discussion or debate around here. "

That is RIGHT, we do not argue here, we debate - you seem to be saddened that arguing is not allowed, since that seems to be something you choose to encourage - may I suggest you argue else where, somewhere that it is tolerated. Here it is not.

To brief you what a warning is, members get one (this is yours) we expect you to debate all you wish, but referring to other members or mods in negative ways will get you the door.

I'm not looking to boot you, you say the crowd here is not stimulating for you intelligence, I would think you'd save such topics for somewhere else. You have to knock off the sarcasm - everything you write to me has sentencing that is aggressive and I think you wish to go out as a martyr, rather than just go. I wish you would make up your mind.

I wouldn't miss you, but that shouldn't matter - everyone has their followers and surely you do yours. If you wish to provoke me into booting you, I'll grant you your wish, but if you plan to stay, than treat others with more respect, you can differ from others all you want, but you do anything else considered to be demeaning to others, you dealt your own hand.

I'll leave you with this, I see you already have your own thread on economics, and have at it - I don't expect another reply to me concerning this matter in public forum from you. You love to say things that appear to be be quoting me, such as "So, you want to get rid off me because I seem Liberal to you?" that was not something you actually wrote, but you love QUOTING THINGS I HAVEN'T SAID, that is a low ball tactic and since you seem to enjoy that type of communication - I'm not asking you to keep replies to me out of open forum, I'm making a point of it. Your return banter is baited with questions like "Did you ever get caught beating your wife in the closet?" the type of "no win scenario" questions. So keep it private, I insist on that.

Any public response to me is your second infraction and you will be banned. If you find it unfair that you cannot reply publicly, too bad. I need to see you have SOME self control, and this is your chance to show you have some control over what you include when you hit the post button.

So that I cover your other choice, if I see you posting to anyone else "Since I can't respond to the Admin of this forum, here's what I would say" will buy you the same ticket out the door.

You lack self control, you have even said in so many words that you need to dumb down your writing so members here can comprehend what you write. Your calling members stupid is over, and don't argue that you have never used the word stupid - you don't have too, you make the point clear every chance you get. You find it a struggle to find intelligent life here, than I suggest you search elsewhere, I'd hate to see you waste your time.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »

You know Kathy, I've been blamed of being "out-there" a few times, I think you question which planet I come from on occasion, but I rarely get called clueless or dumb or similar names - I can only imagine how other members (those with skin a bit thinner than yours) how they both take it and more importantly, if they wonder why the moderators are not intervening.

I want to apologize to the members who see how defensive I get when I see people abusing the rules, especially the ones on commenting other members in an uncalled for way. We have 365678 Posts in 41301 Topics by 6849 Members according to our current stats and every member deserves to be able to post with fearing attack from another member that enjoys bullying.

BEFORE T-BEEK thinks I'm talking about him, he's just annoying me and giving you fodder to better fuel your posts with logic, something that bullies rarely have in their corner.

But, to the members, the Moderators get "report to moderator" messages occasionally, and we act. We discuss it amongst ourselves, decide if there is merit and act accordingly. Some of the mods are better at just pushing the BIG RED BUTTON OF BANISHMENT (okay, there's no big red button of banishment, but you get the idea) it's what we have promised for a DECADE to do.

Some members who have thousands of posts think thy are immune to the rules, they even get a big head and think that the forum couldn't exist without them - I can name a good amount of members who found out that they were wrong.

I just felt like saying some of that, and didn't want to make a point of it elsewhere, that would have made no sense. I do like how some of the long-timers strongly suggest to "cool your jets" - they've seen where this could go and it's never fun.

I mentioned Finski who (truly was tag-teamed) two members, both in this thread and one walking the third rail taunted him and pushed Finski over the top. On the day Finski was banned, two others should have gone with him, that was my mistake. But taking prolific members out of the forum dilutes the waters and we never like to see anyone go. That is why we came up with a 30 day ban, a cooling off time and the few times it was use, all but one person came back.

Well, off to work again, last 3-11 shift, two days off and tomorrow I'll be at least an hour or maybe two at the gun range. I pity the paper targets - lol.

Peace to all.

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2014, 02:05:09 PM »

i can attest to the moderators efficiency  grin  i have had my hand slapped a few times.  i hope i have learned my lesson. they were more than fair with me and gave me the chance to reform before being banned. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »

PLEASE-for the last time, answer a simple question for me.  Anybody.  If anyone can answer this ONE QUESTION (please use civility) I'll stop coming around here to the COFFEE HOUSE.  There's got to be some takers out there for that………………………OK, here's the question;

Why is a person faulted for their intelligence on beemaster, and for expecting other's to offer intelligence in return?  Why is intelligence met with name calling and ridicule (OK two questions  Wink) when things just simply aren't understood by one party or the other, and no I'm not talking about political parties.  I think 'they're' obsolete and only serve themselves, ALL POLITICAL PARTIES SHOULD BE BANISHED IMO……..ooopps, did it again, sorry…..LOVE AND ONLY LOVE….. Smiley  it's ramble time…..

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2014, 05:07:09 PM »

I am not sure if anyone here ever blamed you of being intelligent? I think that is something that you probably said, not us.

I'll let the members answer this, I've spent a lot of time voice dictating replies in this particular post, way more then I think was necessary. Let your peers be your judge, if indeed there is an answer that they are willing to give & you are willing to hear.

Follow us on TWITTER

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2014, 05:30:11 PM »

Here's your answer.....

Because you think you are sooooo much smarter than the others here and are just naturally going to fault the others for not giving you the""supposedly intelligent"" answers you seem to want.

Therefore, you just habitually meet their answers with name calling and ridicule. It's not on purpose, you are just naturally that way.

Now come back and tell us nobody would answer your question, just because it wasn't the answer you wanted to see.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »

lau

i never fault intelligence!

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »

This post IS getting interesting   pop
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:52:43 PM by beemaster » Logged

Follow us on TWITTER

sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »

lau

i never fault intelligence!

you've seen some.Huh lau
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2014, 11:32:28 PM »

Why is a person faulted for their intelligence on beemaster, and for expecting other's to offer intelligence in return?

I think TBeek is often misunderstood.
Other times I think some are purposefully coy to elicit a certain response.
I don't fault intelligence, and I have noticed some among the Beeks here. Though honestly I find it so entwined with party politics that it is a chore to uncover.
As far as lengthy posts, never been a fan. Make a point and move on. Verbosity breeds ambiguity IMO.
TBeek is a rare breed in today's society American or elsewhere. I believe the forum would be duller without him.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2014, 01:26:56 AM »

Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:38:41 AM by hjon71 » Logged
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2014, 01:31:59 AM »

To be serious here for a minute, it is hard to not jab at a guy who boasts about how intelligent he is, sorry but that leaves a door open for me and if I'm somehow supposed to be a shining example of how members should act, forget it: I have never made such a claim and if I did, then I would expect equal ribbing.

About long post, of that I am too guilty. Of course there is a difference between lengthy posts on a topic and my version, starting on a topic and staying with it for about 40 words before I mention Mars or other off the wall topic. Sure, I can do 5000 words with no problem, is it entertaining - I hope so. I promise it is convoluted, but not much beyond that.

I like making paragraphs, according to T-Beek at least. He assumes (well, I assume he assumes) that paragraphs are my way of switching topics within a post. Funny, I seem to remember being taught something like that in school.

I did say, since T-Beek seemed to want vindication by his peers, if indeed he was vilified by me or others, than I would remain silent on my end concerning how much of an a$$ he can be at times - I will not go there, I promised I won't thus I remain silent, and I'll just make paragraphs.

It's like when the last rover to Mars, Curiosity landed - it was man's greatest achievement to date. Why, you may ask - because the deployment method of the multistage shoots and rockets was built with a critical objective "Treat this mission as if humans were aboard" because NASA designed this exact method to get humans to Mars on a ONE WAY only mission. It was a great success and if humans had been aboard, there was not discernible g-forces or relative impacts that would have cause harm to humans.

Sadly, private industry is way ahead of NASA, mainly because of funding issues and a series of four privately funded crafts are being built to send 8 humans to Mars around 2024 along with the necessary equipment to live the rest of their natural lives on the Red Planet. Next paragraph.

And T-Beek asked for input, I think it totally unfair for me to judge any member beyond what I would tolerate from any member - yes, I was the first member but I think it would have been pretentious to create a few placebo members (lol - placebo) first. I don't have an educated man's vocabulary, I know that is more than obvious, likely every time I post. But I know that, I don't ask people to judge my vocabulary nor rank my writing skills (if skills isn't too big a word) seems to me that I would just be opening myself up for some jabbing, hopefully light-hearted - but if the truth happen to slip through in a constructive way, I believe I'd learn from it. T-Beek asked, and so far we've had view from various prospective, which is a wonderful thing. Lord this is a long paragraph, I need to start a new on or a puppy in China will get TB.

Ahhhh, much better! So, I'm staying out of this, as promised (minus he's an A$$ sometimes, that slipped and I hate to erase type) so minus that fact, and let's face it - we can all say the same thing about most of us some of the time. So, it's not picking on him, it's more of a hug across the Internet, a solidarity that we are all just people floating on a planet that likely was populated by Mars when the Red Planet was dying as it lost great oceans because of a decaying atmosphere, likely from a massive X Class solar Flare.

Lastly,  I add this last paragraph because I like writing odd number paragraphs or that same puppy in China might get Hep C. I mean no harm, I just enjoy being the kookie guy that enjoys making himself laugh, even if no one else gets me. In life, as in this forum, if you can't have fun - then maybe you are at the wrong place. I'd just rather stay here and have fun.

Follow us on TWITTER

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2014, 05:12:40 AM »

I dunno

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2014, 07:04:07 AM »

Tbeek, he's extending an olive branch. He's saying the war can end if all are willing. Accept it and let's get back to normal bantering, and not let it get out of hand again.  Let's face it, we can all be a$$es at times. The smart ones can put it in the past and move on. So, let's do it, calm our rhetoric, and have fun.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2014, 07:23:46 AM »

My sincere apologies go out to any member of this forum I may have ever offended in any way, at any time, whether it was intentional, misunderstood or interpreted.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next