Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 12:54:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong with American society?  (Read 3480 times)
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« on: December 22, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »

The coffee house!
I know, I'll get my coat and hat!.....

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »

oh no darlin', stay and learn.   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »

The coffee house!
I know, I'll get my coat and hat!.....

Hey cidersabuzzin...How about UK society?  Any problems there, are is everything all peaches and cream?

Or do your countries problems not rise to the level of "THE COFFEE HOUSE"?  laugh

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »

Maybe they prefer tea Moots.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 09:44:57 AM »

here is an issue for the teahouse.

Over in Londonistan muslim shop keepers can refuse to sell alcohol and pork because it offends them. Here in the USA we have to sell our services to everyone no matter our religious views. Glad to see the UL protecting religious rights? Or is it just muslim rights?
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »

I had to go back and read some of your posts, sorry but never heard of ya Gubnuh. But I see some sort of quazi-conservative (or just an out-right Obama basher) or is he the only game in town right now, so when the Right gets back in office, will your muskets be pointed at them as well - even by some miracle they do some good??

To better parablize it: a father and his son walk in the woods, the Dad sees his son spot animal droppings on the ground. the father asks, "What's that son?" in reply, he's told "Animal poop."

Hoping his son had been use to this game, after all they had played it before, the father adds "I'm asking what kind of animal poop? and the son final understands that a game is a foot! The boy picks it up, mashes it about his hands, looks at the color, feels the heat and texture, even smells it, to try and guess what it fed on.

Finally, with both hands and his nose covered, he looked up to his father and said "It's human Dad!" and he smiled from ear to ear that he knew he was right. His father pleased but not smiling as wide as his son thought he should be, said "And what does that tell you son?" then the smile fell from the boys face, as he had no second answer. He just stared at his father awaiting his insight.

"What it should tell you son is that you wonder around too much and pay little attention to where you are and what is going on around you! 20 minutes ago I dropped my pants and plopped that right where you found it, you then lead us in a circle and here we are!" In that single moment of embarrassment, the son was hurt in so many ways, he lost the trust and respect for his dad, he felt hurt and confusion and worst of all, he knew he'd never want to walk or play with his Dad again. This wasn't a game, there was nothing fun about it. What the father thought a tough but harmless lesson severed a bond held together by love and respect from his son.

What is the moral?

The son grew up! he became weary of people like his father, his didn't trust hardly anyone, he became a loner and eventually bitter. He was changed by a single incident, something one (a person the boy loved and trusted) thought a joke with a lesson to it, became a path which changed a young boy into a untrusting, skittish man, surely not the fine man he could of been - all because his dad went to far with a delicate soul.

So Beemaster, what is you point? Well... I don't like baited question like yours Cidersabuzzin - it's a handful of poop, one that we could inspect and see a question of real reflection of all our problems in all our communities, or one where we just wait for a punchline that has you Buzzin' landing on some other forum doorstep? We'll see where this takes us.

Americans know we don't have "IT" right, you can' have 317 million problems all tied up in a pretty bow and hold it out for the world to see, cause much of it is a hand full of poop!

Half the problems you can't tackle without sounding racist, the other half are passes on from one political party to another and spoke of about as often as UFOs at Broom Lake (area 51 for those confused).

The sad thing about politics is that I really believe at one time politicians had at least a percentage of his constituent's issues written out on his desk somewhere. He might have jostled them around and always grabbed at other more news worth issues, but "hey" we made it to his desk! Today, we don't even make it to his trash can.

We have cities that look like Beirut, surround only miles away by incredibly expensive, gorgeous suburbs just far enough away to see the illusion of a living, thriving city.

We have poor people (not the useless 4th generation of Welfare leeches that cripples both the in-flow and out-take of the money into our government - the money that could go soooo far for so many good purposes.) but we have in our massive country some areas of poor folk who live off of hardly nothing. The work they had exported, or just done away with. No way to move and not any better staying - but these people have hope, even in the toughest of times. They are proud people, and "Any American, on any given day" could find their selves in similar poverty. You see, in a capitalist society, what others, people you will never know of, can make decisions that pull the rug, house, car and everything you own and know - from out under your feet. Being American, is having a place in your heart that feels for all, because we understand not everyone here in the Greatest Country in the History of Earth, will sit down to a meal tonight.

I don't know what you want to know "what's wrong with America?" I'll let other who are much better writers than I tell you the good, bad and ugly. And maybe, they'll share the simple solutions to fix many of those problems. But even more so, I hope we have some people who only see the good - I'm don't know if that is a healthy thing, but it is refreshing. Because we are bombarded nightly on TV news and in push notifications ALL the terrible things wrong.

But fair is fair, share with us what is so freaking great about the UK? My state of New Jersey is as large as many countries in the UK, and New Jersey is a tiny state with 2012 people per square mile, more crowded that any other state in the US - but the population of Washington, DC is nearly 7 times greater than New Jersey. I think part of DCs problem is they are crammed in there like a hundred mice in a shoe box. They just bite and pee on each other and get nothing done - maybe DC needs a bigger shoe box, Cider - maybe THAT'S what's wrong with the US.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »

I don't think they ever got over the Tea dumped in the Boston Harbor!! Smiley
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 05:24:37 AM »

Nor the ash whooping right after it.  grin
Jim
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 07:13:30 AM »

I didn't know I was required to sell alcohol and pork....how does that work?

Over in Londonistan muslim shop keepers can refuse to sell alcohol and pork because it offends them. Here in the USA we have to sell our services to everyone no matter our religious views. Glad to see the UL protecting religious rights? Or is it just muslim rights?
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »

No, but you are required to bake me a cake if I ask for it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 11:54:45 AM »

I had to go back and read some of your posts, sorry but never heard of ya Gubnuh. But I see some sort of quazi-conservative (or just an out-right Obama basher) or is he the only game in town right now, so when the Right gets back in office, will your muskets be pointed at them as well - even by some miracle they do some good??

To better parablize it: a father and his son walk in the woods, the Dad sees his son spot animal droppings on the ground. the father asks, "What's that son?" in reply, he's told "Animal poop."

Hoping his son had been use to this game, after all they had played it before, the father adds "I'm asking what kind of animal poop? and the son final understands that a game is a foot! The boy picks it up, mashes it about his hands, looks at the color, feels the heat and texture, even smells it, to try and guess what it fed on.

Finally, with both hands and his nose covered, he looked up to his father and said "It's human Dad!" and he smiled from ear to ear that he knew he was right. His father pleased but not smiling as wide as his son thought he should be, said "And what does that tell you son?" then the smile fell from the boys face, as he had no second answer. He just stared at his father awaiting his insight.

"What it should tell you son is that you wonder around too much and pay little attention to where you are and what is going on around you! 20 minutes ago I dropped my pants and plopped that right where you found it, you then lead us in a circle and here we are!" In that single moment of embarrassment, the son was hurt in so many ways, he lost the trust and respect for his dad, he felt hurt and confusion and worst of all, he knew he'd never want to walk or play with his Dad again. This wasn't a game, there was nothing fun about it. What the father thought a tough but harmless lesson severed a bond held together by love and respect from his son.

What is the moral?

The son grew up! he became weary of people like his father, his didn't trust hardly anyone, he became a loner and eventually bitter. He was changed by a single incident, something one (a person the boy loved and trusted) thought a joke with a lesson to it, became a path which changed a young boy into a untrusting, skittish man, surely not the fine man he could of been - all because his dad went to far with a delicate soul.

So Beemaster, what is you point? Well... I don't like baited question like yours Cidersabuzzin - it's a handful of poop, one that we could inspect and see a question of real reflection of all our problems in all our communities, or one where we just wait for a punchline that has you Buzzin' landing on some other forum doorstep? We'll see where this takes us.

Americans know we don't have "IT" right, you can' have 317 million problems all tied up in a pretty bow and hold it out for the world to see, cause much of it is a hand full of poop!

Half the problems you can't tackle without sounding racist, the other half are passes on from one political party to another and spoke of about as often as UFOs at Broom Lake (area 51 for those confused).

The sad thing about politics is that I really believe at one time politicians had at least a percentage of his constituent's issues written out on his desk somewhere. He might have jostled them around and always grabbed at other more news worth issues, but "hey" we made it to his desk! Today, we don't even make it to his trash can.

We have cities that look like Beirut, surround only miles away by incredibly expensive, gorgeous suburbs just far enough away to see the illusion of a living, thriving city.

We have poor people (not the useless 4th generation of Welfare leeches that cripples both the in-flow and out-take of the money into our government - the money that could go soooo far for so many good purposes.) but we have in our massive country some areas of poor folk who live off of hardly nothing. The work they had exported, or just done away with. No way to move and not any better staying - but these people have hope, even in the toughest of times. They are proud people, and "Any American, on any given day" could find their selves in similar poverty. You see, in a capitalist society, what others, people you will never know of, can make decisions that pull the rug, house, car and everything you own and know - from out under your feet. Being American, is having a place in your heart that feels for all, because we understand not everyone here in the Greatest Country in the History of Earth, will sit down to a meal tonight.

I don't know what you want to know "what's wrong with America?" I'll let other who are much better writers than I tell you the good, bad and ugly. And maybe, they'll share the simple solutions to fix many of those problems. But even more so, I hope we have some people who only see the good - I'm don't know if that is a healthy thing, but it is refreshing. Because we are bombarded nightly on TV news and in push notifications ALL the terrible things wrong.

But fair is fair, share with us what is so freaking great about the UK? My state of New Jersey is as large as many countries in the UK, and New Jersey is a tiny state with 2012 people per square mile, more crowded that any other state in the US - but the population of Washington, DC is nearly 7 times greater than New Jersey. I think part of DCs problem is they are crammed in there like a hundred mice in a shoe box. They just bite and pee on each other and get nothing done - maybe DC needs a bigger shoe box, Cider - maybe THAT'S what's wrong with the US.

I think I can rest my case rolleyes

The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 12:11:05 PM »

I didn't know I was required to sell alcohol and pork....how does that work?

You don't think you are? try to tell a Muslim that you cannot sell him something and tell him it's due to your religious beliefs. Mr holder will be at your door within hours
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »

Maybe what's "Right" about the United States is we aren't afraid to admit we have problems, lots of them as a country. Many though as a direct vote (or series of votes) by the people we send to Washington to represent us. If you're gonna quote me, use that Cider.

It seems that most people won't take your bait, and I'm usually tossed in like a flash bomb by the police - when I explode, I do no real damage, I am used to confuse and disorientate.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »

I had to go back and read some of your posts, sorry but never heard of ya Gubnuh. But I see some sort of quazi-conservative (or just an outright Obama basher) or is he the only game in town right now, so when the Right gets back in office, will your muskets be pointed at them as well - even by some miracle they do some good??

What is the moral?

Beemaster what an elequent defence!

I could not have put it better myself. The point I was making was the type of poster's on the coffee house. Take a look at the replies to my question, do you think this is Representative of the population as a whole? if you do you certainly have problems, the first thing they do is lash out at an imaginary enemy (not so! I have viited the US over a dozen times, and found the people great, even the bag ladies in San Francisco, how many times have  they visited the UK?) (not the bag
ladies!) The point I was making the coffee house seems to attract polar opposites (but this maybe the attraction) The
original question was re torical not America per sae more habituates of the coffee house!
Regards
Cider...... Smiley

sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »

Please don't make judgments about the U.S. based on what you saw in San Francisco. San Francisco  is a whole different world then the U.S. is between there and the other coast.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 05:43:05 PM »

Beemaster what an elequent defence!

I could not have put it better myself. The point I was making was the type of poster's on the coffee house. Take a look at the replies to my question, do you think this is Representative of the population as a whole? if you do you certainly have problems, the first thing they do is lash out at an imaginary enemy (not so! I have viited the US over a dozen times, and found the people great, even the bag ladies in San Francisco, how many times have  they visited the UK?) (not the bag
ladies!) The point I was making the coffee house seems to attract polar opposites (but this maybe the attraction) The
original question was re torical not America per sae more habituates of the coffee house!
Regards
Cider...... Smiley

Cider,
Maybe you should become a reporter for GQ...since you seem to have a thing for loaded, baited questions, designed to elicit a controversial response .  grin

Maybe I'm just reading the responses differently than you, but I fail to see the huge lashing out at the "imaginary enemy" that you seem to see.  huh I simply posed a question, much as you did.  Smiley

Besides, if you toss a hand-grenade at someone, you can hardly expect them to toss honey-buns back in your direction.

And you're right about the coffee house posters not being representative of our population as a whole.  If the majority of this country thought like the majority of coffee house posters....This country would be in a lot better shape than it is now.

Although, I've never really viewed the bag ladies of any of our major cities as highlights of this country...So perhaps we just see things differently.  

But hey, nothing wrong with that...Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 12:10:46 AM »

You don't think you are? try to tell a Muslim that you cannot sell him something and tell him it's due to your religious beliefs. Mr holder will be at your door within hours
Oh please...  What 'religious belief' could possibly prevent me, you, or anyone else from selling goods to a Muslim?

You attempted to point out that in London Muslims aren't required to sell pork (as if this is in contrast to the US)...I'm not aware of anyone who is required to sell pork (or anything else) in the US....can you cite an example?

...then you tried to make it seem that a Muslim not being required to sell pork is the same thing as not selling something to a Muslim because the seller has 'religious beliefs' against selling something to a Muslim?

It's difficult to determine what a "Christian belief" is...clearly keeping slaves, lynching black people, 'helping' heathens become Christians, shooting doctors that perform abortions, etc are examples of things that some Christians (some of them 'founding fathers' of our nation) have justified with their Christian faith and beliefs.

Even given the various atrocities that have been committed in the name of (and/or justified by) the Christian faith, it's hard to imagine anyone actually making a 'Christian' case as to why one should not sell goods and services to Muslims.

deknow
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »

You attempted to point out that in London Muslims aren't required to sell pork (as if this is in contrast to the US)...I'm not aware of anyone who is required to sell pork (or anything else) in the US....can you cite an example?

deknow,
Not sure how you missed it, it was pretty widely covered, but I think the parallel he was drawing was comparing it to the recent court case in the US where the owner of a bakery was told that he had to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple getting married.

He objected based on his religious belief that a wedding is between a man and a woman.  The government disagreed and said he was REQUIRED to provide the service.

That would be your "required to sell" example....

- Ronald Reagan
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 07:28:36 PM »

Not being able to refuse service is entirely different from being required to trade in a specific product.

Over in Londonistan muslim shop keepers can refuse to sell alcohol and pork because it offends them.
...the same is true in the U.S....to imply otherwise is disingenuous.
Here in the USA we have to sell our services to everyone no matter our religious views.
...but you don't have to sell alcohol and pork...which is what Keith was saying (not sure what he meant).
"everyone" is an overstatement...there are lots of legit reasons to not sell to a particular person.
The cake case is one of those things.....it seems trite in the extreme....but what if it wasn't cake, what if it was the only bank, shipping company, lawyer, gas station, doctor in town?  This is a specific issue, and has nothing to do with being required to sell pork or alcohol.
deknow

deknow,
Not sure how you missed it, it was pretty widely covered, but I think the parallel he was drawing was comparing it to the recent court case in the US where the owner of a bakery was told that he had to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple getting married.

He objected based on his religious belief that a wedding is between a man and a woman.  The government disagreed and said he was REQUIRED to provide the service.

That would be your "required to sell" example....
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 07:36:46 PM »

Anyone that has religious beliefs that prevent them from selling goods or services to someone who is Muslim because they are Muslim is part of the problem.  If you don't agree, how about an example of this being justified legally, morally, scripturally....it is about as unAmerican a position as one can imagine.

deknow
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next