Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 04:29:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As promised, some targets I've shot with the Glock and Ruger this week.  (Read 377 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: December 20, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »

On Wednesday I got a chance in the morning to go to the range with both Tracey's Ruger .22 and my glock 19 -9 mm. All these were at 10 yards unless marker differently.

I will include a photo of the template I created for increasing how many rounds I can shoot at a target sheet. Basically I used a CD, and that is the circle size and the center dot is the size of the hole in the CD.

Most often I shoot 16 rounds of .22 at each circle or 10 rounds of 9 mm at each of the circles. You can see on one sheet I shot so well that I added boxes and shot into those too. This is a great way to keep costs down on target sheets, which aren't that expensive but it does leave you with a whole Lotta targets to bring home.

So these are all mine, from Wednesday of this week, I think I'm doing well unless remember Unless marked  otherwise these are all from 10 yards.

Just a final note, that Ruger is just an awesome shooting gun. Most shots were in single action and I just one cylinder double action and of course lost some of my point of target.

Beemaster

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »

I just realized the photo I spoke of that had boxes and circles I left out so, here is that one too. And I'll show you the template that I made which is pretty doggone handy.

And here is my handy template you just flip it over one way then flip it over the other in each corner and it makes perfect size areas to shoot toward then I place a CD over top of the drawn circle and fill-in where the whole is for a center spot in the target circle.

Work's out really well and it's nice to have that many shots on A single target sheet. Of course if I weren't shooting all that well, then you wouldn't see the picture above because I wouldn't know which shot was related to which circle.  I actually drew the squares after I shot the 4 Circles Including The red center bull's-eye.

Follow us on TWITTER

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »

There is something about Tapatalk that is addictive to me. For those who don't know Tapatalk is an app for your smart phone and it is now free, it was almost 6 dollars, but now it is free for all devices as far as I know.

I wanted to show you the very generic holster that I got for my wife's Ruger SP 101 LR. This fits incredibly well and stows easily under her small computer stand in our living room.

I just think it's nice to keep The handgun protected, and when we have guests it's obvious what it is, but it also has that appearance of being very safe - not just laying there for anyone to grab, it's protected and still has very good access, the snap and grab of the gun from the holster takes no time.

It's very nice and in hindsight I don't think I could've found a better one. It was $14 at the gun shop and she likes it and that's really what matters.

Here's a few pictures.

Beemaster

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 02:48:28 PM »

John, don't take this the wrong way, but i truly love that you are so AR   grin

that holster is like the one i have for my bedside .45 and CC .45 that i take riding.  they are so nice and light and since mine are always dirty, easy care!  mine have sturdy belt clips that fit a  utility belt well.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »

I do have my compulsive issues, no doubt. It's actually funny that "often" when I voice dictate a post, I spend as much time tweaking the corrections than it would have taken to write the post out by hand - lol.

I think being AR with weapons is a good thing, goes with the idea you can never check that a gun is unloaded enough. I get a kick out of watching MONK, I hear Tracey laughing, not at the show but knowing I'd be doing the same thing he is.

I do like that holster, at first (while in the gunshop) I thought it an "OKAY" fit, but when I got it home and worked it a bit, I realized it was as form fit as if I paid big bucks for it. And being able to toss it in the washer is a great point: I didn't think about that.

I had a few guys who were watching the shooter in the next lane watch me use the template on the target - they quickly saw that it beats just lobbing 50 rounds at the center until there was no paper left - after awhile you can't even tell if he hit the target at all. Meanwhile, they see about 80 shots taking up just about every inch of my targets - I'll bet you they went home and made something like it  grin

I almost loaded up my bag, it is the cloth grocery bag from Target - lol. Seriously. I'm a firm believer that the fewer people who know we have weapons, the better. So I walk out the door with a big bag from Target Stores, loaded with both guns, whatever paper targets I have left-over rolled up, and the template and I carry separate "what was" a camera bag - it holds 3 boxes of 50 9mm and three 323 gram baggies (105 .22lr 36grain hollow point) plus earplugs, the charging ring Tracey uses to rack the Glock and my marker and index card I use to keep track of ammo used.

We have a greatly accurate kitchen scale and 323 grams is 105 .22s - which is 5 baggies of .22s from a 525 bulk box. I counted them once, after that I just weight the rounds as I drop them on the scale - when I reach 323 grams, I have a 1/5th of a bulk box. AR yes, but it makes some things a lot easier.

Next (jokingly) I'll make a square template to put between the circles - lol. Just imagine, I could shoot all day and only use one target and account for every round - now that's AR Heaven  catch chick

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 04:05:45 PM »

lau lau

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »

You are shooting well.  Most gunfights are under seven feet so I think you are getting the muscle memory built to do whatever you may be called on to do.  Besides, its fun aint it?  Now get yourself a mold for those 9 mm though .357 mold is actually close enough, you just have to get a smaller weight bullet.  I would do 125 grains.  Then buy a can of red dot shotgun powder and a 1000 count box of primers.  A little handpress from Lee you can load that 9 mil cheaper than you can shoot a .22.  You would enjoy handloading, you are the type.  I will make you a 3 grain powder dipper out of a .25 auto case and a bit of brass rod.  With a autoloader maybe need 4 or 5 to ensure proper function.  But at 5 grains that's 1400 reloads per pound of powder.  Buy a bucket of wheel weights at your tire shop and have a lifetime of lead.  Primers are ridiculous at a nickel apiece anymore!  Most of mine cost less than a half cent, but it is still as cheap or cheaper than .22. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next