This week we are talking to Randy Oliver from California in North America.
Randy runs the popular website Scientific Beekeeping
Randy started as a hobbyist beekeeping in 1967. Then went to study biological sciences, specializing in entomology at University.
He uses his scientific background to investigate current issues facing bees and beekeepers. Randy also writes for the American Bee Journal.
This is a great chat and Randy shares some great tips on how he keeps bees without using synthetic treatments.
Merry Christmas and we hope you enjoy this show.Randy Oliver from Scientific Beekeeping
Here's What You'll Learn
- How Randy got started in Beekeeping with a Diving Mask.
- What does Randy enjoy about beekeeping
- The Internet doesn't have any editor
- Don't give up on a new treatment that you have only use once. Check that you are using it correctly for your conditions.
- What are Randy's Top three ways to control varroa mites
- Does America have a true Varroa resistant bee yet?
- Randy's thoughts on what causes 'CCD'
- Randy's thoughts about neonicotinoid class of pesticides
- The Anti-GMO movement is misguided according to Randy
- Randy's beekeeping plans for the next season
What did you think of this chat? Have you had success with using any of some of Randy's methods in your Beekeeping?
Gary FawcettWays to subscribe to our podcast The kiwimana Buzz...
Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher