Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 12:38:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast and Furious  (Read 804 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: December 04, 2013, 04:51:13 AM »

Thoughts on the tragic death of Paul Walker? 

Having seen most of the Fast and Furious movies and Out of the Blue, I was stunned to hear of the actors sudden death.  These tragic events always seem like a reality check to me.  You never know when your number is going to come up.  For me, that was the biggest shocker (celebrity wise) since Princess Diana. 
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:00:52 AM »

Thoughts?  I'm relieved that only he and his friend were the only ones killed.  I must admit I've not seen any of his movies so will not miss him. 

Hopefully it results in fewer NUTS behind the wheel….if only for a little while.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 01:19:13 PM »

I agree, I’m glad the wreck didn’t kill any other innocent people.  There are so many tragic car accidents (recklessness) every year that sometimes I think one loses a little perspective how your next drive could be your last.  Between texting, eating, mascara, drowsiness, drugs, alcohol and speed you never know what will happen next.  Still it’s a bit of a shock when a celebrity dies, even though they aren’t any better than the rest of us.

I’ve test driven some pretty scary powerful cars and there comes a point IMO where horse power goes from thrilling to heartbeat chilling.  What is too much HP for y'all?
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »

Wife and I drove to southern Wisconsin and back for Thanksgiving.  A five and a half journey 'one way' under 'normal' circumstances.  Instead it took nearly 8 hours to get down thanks to inattentive driving which caused two bad accidents (one may not have any survivors) on a beautiful sunny day.  The number of knuckleheads on the interstate highways increase every year……..I'm going back to fire lanes, state and county roads and drive ways where the DEER and TURKEYS are primary concern  Smiley 

The trip back was …uneventful... Smiley

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »

If they would govern all vehicles at 5 MPH over the max speed limit in the US, many lives would be saved. It would reduce fines and court cost  ""TAXES"" by millions, if not billions, so they aren't going to do it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:47:07 PM »

There are vehicle speed limiters and RPM limiters in most engine controllers.  What’s your point  grin

Around here sometimes I have more problems with people going out with their 8Ns for a joy ride  Smiley
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:46:20 PM »

My point is, the law isn't going to control the max speed of cars and kill their cash cow. They would rather kill people.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »

If they would govern all vehicles at 5 MPH over the max speed limit in the US, many lives would be saved. It would reduce fines and court cost  ""TAXES"" by millions, if not billions, so they aren't going to do it.

Treating texting (or any stupid behavior that distracts from driving) behind the wheel like drunk driving would do wonders IMO.

People simply not paying attention to what's going on around them has caused and 'costs' good drivers to compensate for their bad habits, both as drivers and financially.  Three strikes is too much for accidents caused by ignorance or arrogance. 

IMO: drive drunk or under any other kind of influence, including texting…you're done, you loose your license.  If you kill someone you loose it for life.  One life sentence for another.  Just saying…….

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 06:17:31 PM »

My point is, the law isn't going to control the max speed of cars.
The law most definitely CAN control the top speed of a car.  It’s just a line in the software that sets the maximum speed that a car’s engine controller will continue to inject fuel.  No more fuel = no more speed.  To my knowledge, such a law hasn’t been enacted yet, but if the majority of the population supported it (ie Democracy in action), then it should be so and would be easy to implement.      

As I said most cars already have fuel cut limits at high vehicle speeds (about 100mph) and high RPMs.  The high RPM cutoff is to protect the engine/valves, the high vehicle speed cutoff is to appease the lawyers and the speed rating of tires.  The automakers are a little leery about reducing the limits too low to avoid problems like stalling out in an emergency situation and causing unintended accidents.

Speed kills, but as T beek suggests, the bigger killer today is probably stupid behavior that distracts from driving.  That is a personal responsibility problem, right up the conservatives’ alley.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »

That is a personal responsibility problem, right up the conservatives’ alley.

Blue,
I couldn't agree more!...ALERT THE MEDIA!  laugh

Pass all the laws you want, you can't fix stupid!

As I said earlier in another thread..."You make something idiot proof, they simply build a better idiot".  This concept that the answer to every problem that woes society it to pass a law to fix it, is extremely misguided!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:51:44 PM »

That is a personal responsibility problem, right up the conservatives’ alley.

Blue,
I couldn't agree more!...ALERT THE MEDIA!  laugh

Pass all the laws you want, you can't fix stupid!

As I said earlier in another thread..."You make something idiot proof, they simply build a better idiot".  This concept that the answer to every problem that woes society it to pass a law to fix it, is extremely misguided!

I suppose we could just put all the stupid people in jail, many are criminals already (during my career I encountered very few 'smart' criminals), that 'might' fix a lot of problems, but what would happen to U-tube  and 'reality' TV? grin

I vote we start by sending every last member of Congress (and their staff) to jail for behaving like stupid brats  grin  Now there's a good fix for the Country and it gets rid of some stupid people too.  A win-win  Smiley  laugh 

Sorry, couldn't resist…..pain meds finally kicking in…..see ya'll in the AM,,,…………….zzzzzzz……..zzzzzzz……….zzzzzzzz………….

JPinMO
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 02:38:09 AM »

Blue,
I couldn't agree more!...ALERT THE MEDIA! 

Hey, hey, Mootsie, take it easy, man; if we start agreeing with Blue, he may begin to think he's RIGHT !

pink elephant

Nah, on second thought, Blue knows how far left he is. Incurable.  evil

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either. – Albert Einstein
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 05:11:05 AM »

Blue, I know they CAN. It would be easy. I said they WON'T. 

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 07:25:33 AM »

Question;  Who is this 'they' I always see around here.  Is it 'us' or some other group of 'freedom loving' people? 

Just wondering……… Seems Americans in general are too willing to give up their 'power' (freedom) as soon as 'they' come around and/or too lazy to do anything about it.  IMHO; We have clearly forgotten how much power 'we' have.  It just might have something to do with all the manufactured divisions that occupy most of our time and energy. 

Just saying……If we want change….then we should organize for change, its not illegal yet.  'We' too can become the 'they' and take our power back whenever 'we' choose, choosing being the hard part……..the first step is always hard…….

Who are 'they' if not us?

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 05:03:17 AM »

Question;  Who is this 'they' I always see around here.  Is it 'us' or some other group of 'freedom loving' people? 

Just wondering……… Seems Americans in general are too willing to give up their 'power' (freedom) as soon as 'they' come around and/or too lazy to do anything about it.  IMHO; We have clearly forgotten how much power 'we' have.  It just might have something to do with all the manufactured divisions that occupy most of our time and energy. 

Just saying……If we want change….then we should organize for change, its not illegal yet.  'We' too can become the 'they' and take our power back whenever 'we' choose, choosing being the hard part……..the first step is always hard…….

Who are 'they' if not us?

Too hard?  Try this.  "who are you if not they?"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next