Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 24, 2014, 04:28:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bye bye lead  (Read 5438 times)
minz
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 11:38:59 PM »

Have you tried the Barnes TTSX? They really fly nice! The copper bullets though you need to go down one weight (so add some FPS). Nice thing about California banning everything is that they expand the market for the rest of us.  If you are talking about gun control try and buy primers.  That $0.03 part, critical to just about anything, is almost always out of stock.

Poor decisions make the best stories.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 03:48:27 AM »

the new requirements would be extremely expensive with no guarantee that it would end there.  it just wasn't worth it.

the funny thing about this and other EPA crap is that it forces productions overseas where there are far fewer controls on pollution.  since most pollution is global (water, air, etc.) they have made the problem worse.  is this about pollution, or something else?

Its about turning fear into profits  Wink  That is the usual plan……..

China roles out another COAL PLANT about every 10 days or so.  Guess where their coal comes from.  That's right, the good old USA.  I WANT MY CUT!

Two weeks after burning it comes right back to us as pollution.  Warren Buffet (and others) is cleaning up  rolleyes while our very future is compromised by todays profits.  And he's such a nice man  laugh laugh
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:22:40 AM by T Beek » Logged

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 04:16:08 AM »

want another chilling thing coming down the pipe, check out the new EPA regs that they want on water. this is one of the many things that Harry has made easier with his changes in senate rules.  DC court has been holding some of this stuff back.  won't be anything to stop them now.

If the conservative miss big business pollution that much, maybe they should move to China and see what happens without an EPA to regulate profits over destruction.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/23/world/asia/china-beijing-smog-emergency-measures/

Funny to see you finally acknowledge pollution is GLOBAL laugh  Global like warming  Wink
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 04:24:41 AM »

WOW!  Just think if Walt Disney had had Blue's imagination?

lau lau lau

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 04:34:03 AM »

I didn’t see pollution billowing from smoke stacks the last time I was at Disney, did you? 

Seems like you missed the whole concept behind his creation too  Cry
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 04:38:11 AM »

WOW!  Just think if Walt Disney had had Blue's imagination?

lau lau lau

So what's the joke?  You think its funny that people choke on the air they must breathe?  Or is it funny that the 'fuel' that was supposed to save us (coal, OUR coal) is being sold out from under you?  

Wait…….you're turn (and mine) is coming, get your handkerchiefs ready  laugh laugh laugh

Turn the channel Dude  Wink

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:51 AM »

The joke is....

No matter how much clear evidence some people have to the contrary, they continue to think "Big Government" has all the answers and has the interest of the "little man" in mind.

and Blue turns to China to take a shot at conservatives.  huh  There no better example on Earth of Big Government, with the possible exception of the US under OBAMA  Wink, then China.  And there's no group more anti big government than conservatives.

that's what I thought was funny!   grin

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 05:11:43 AM »

So…that's good to know Moots...…thanks for being honest enough to tell us that you can't be convinced by clear evidence.  What causes these irrational beliefs of yours then?  As a psychologist I'm deeply interested.  Really.

It might help if you actually read what others were saying or responding to instead of 'assuming' to 'know' and then going on the attack every time you 'think' someone is standing up for or somehow protecting  rolleyes your favorite person to hate.  grin

(It must be exhausting to have so much hate for another human).

I'm not laughing because its (you're ) not funny.

GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:00 AM »

I believe the biggest point about using lead for bullets is it is soft. Most other projectiles would wear out the barrel as it passes through. Lead isn't so hard on the twists in a barrel.

In case this point has already been made, I apologize. I just didn't want to read this thread again. tongue

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:29 AM »

The joke is....

No matter how much clear evidence some people have to the contrary, they continue to think "Big Government" has all the answers and has the interest of the "little man" in mind.

and Blue turns to China to take a shot at conservatives.  huh  There no better example on Earth of Big Government, with the possible exception of the US under OBAMA  Wink, then China.  And there's no group more anti big government than conservatives.

that's what I thought was funny!   grin

Conservatives-anti-BIG GOV?  Based on what EVIDENCE?  How do you think we got here if not with the help of so-called Conservatives ) who really only want to conserve their way of life and don't care about you or I).

Party politics has largely become obsolete IMO.  It gives both sides too little to actually do….and that my fellow BEEK is exactly the point.  

I also believe NATIONALISM has become obsolete (that'll get some dander up  grin), ever sense developing the BOMB (S).  

One world is all we have and one world will be all that's left.  Unless and Until we collectively begin realizing that FACT we are doomed to these pointlessly divisive matters and NOTHING gets done, but as I said, that is the point.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

china, and many other countries, do burn our coal.  we have a lot of it.  unfortunately, as the coal business is shut down in this country, they will look for other sources.  those other sources are much dirtier than our coal.  not only have we destroyed a successful industry in this country, but we have contributed to global pollution by removing from the international markets, a good source of cleaner coal.

old Walt dug up many, many, acres of wetland in FL.  what he did then, he would never be able to do today.  swamp land for entertainment and tourism?  seems like a fair trade to me!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 07:51:39 PM »

I hate Disney Land, and I really, really hate Mickey Mouse. He never ever returned any of my phone calls!

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 05:51:37 AM »

china, and many other countries, do burn our coal.  we have a lot of it.  unfortunately, as the coal business is shut down in this country, they will look for other sources.  those other sources are much dirtier than our coal.  not only have we destroyed a successful industry in this country, but we have contributed to global pollution by removing from the international markets, a good source of cleaner coal.

old Walt dug up many, many, acres of wetland in FL.  what he did then, he would never be able to do today.  swamp land for entertainment and tourism?  seems like a fair trade to me!

The coal industry is a LONG ways from shut down.  In fact they're just gearing up and heading your direction kathyp.  Don't you know what's going on in your own backyard?  Also, the sub-bituminous coal we are digging up in SE Montana is some of the dirtiest coal on the planet, being sold to 'primarily' China for pennies on the dollar.    Due to its sulfurous toxicity its "illegal" to burn here in the Americas.   That's why there is such a rush to sell it while people are too dumb to know what's going on or how bad it actually is.  The ultimate capitalist venture run by capitalist Vultures……..

The whole operation is a farce being played on the world, involving Peabody Coal (the worlds largest coal producer) and our friend Mr. Buffet (who owns the majority of rail lines heading to the West Coast) who are determined to get Asia hooked on this crap while the price is still low (capitalism at its worse, or best depending on your perspective).  Both operations know full well that windburn ribbons of "LEAD", mercury and arsenic will be arriving to our shores from Asia after burning.  

Is this how capitalists recycle?   We will be getting some 'lead' back  rolleyes

But wait, if these idiots have their way (and it seems like they will, thanks to idiots in the US Congress, and including the Pres  Wink) what is now the worlds biggest coal terminal in the world, BC's (Westshore) will be dwarfed by the terminal currently in the works in Washington State……The Gateway Pacific Terminal at Cherry Point.

US Coal and Natural Gas are being sold out from under the watch of the American people for dollars that belong to all of us, not just those profiting.  The resources in America rightfully belong to all Americans, yet 'we the people' receive no benefit at all and have pollution and terminal war (over the worlds resources) in our long term futures.  

Remember how we were told that digging for our own coal and gas was going to save us from our dependance on Middle East Oil?  Well, while we sleep or argue over our petty differences the 'profiteers' are definitely paying attention and for their own sinister plans can't seem to sell "OUR RESOURCES" fast enough.  

Where's 'our' cut of these profits?  What will we use to produce energy when its all promised out and/or gone?  Deals are being made behind our backs that will affect us all for generations…..if we survive.  When its gone its gone, and with rapid the expansion of Asian economies…….it won't be long, 'relatively' speaking  Wink   We'll either run out or we'll have created a planet unfit to live……..its getting closer every year.

Hey, now don't just believe me, check it out for yourselves.  There's ALOT more to discuss on this issue but this is enough for now.  HAPPY BREATHING  grin
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:04:16 AM by T Beek » Logged

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 05:35:14 PM »

This is one of the regular Youtubers I enjoy watching - they have hundreds of great videos, and here is their opinions on the lead situation - it is worth listening too.

There is another view I'm still looking for, I'll post if I find it.

Gun Gripes Episode 81: The Last Lead Smelter in the US

He does mention, what's next "stop making battleships?" I think he means carriers, but point taken.

I'll also soon post on the FAILURE of the EMALS (Electro-magnetic Assisted Launch System) promised to make steam catapults on carriers obsolete. This project, literally a few hundred feet to my power plant where we make steam to launch aircraft on 2 full scale Air Craft Carrier Deck Mock-ups: EMALS is over cost, over due (by YEARS) and Congressional funding is tired of excuses.

To put it in a few word, a couple billion dollars trying to make magnetic jet launch for TWO of our brand new dry-docked carriers, which are awaiting EMALS to work has just had a "count down timer" placed on it: congress has said MAKE EMALS WORK or SCRAP IT - meaning carriers designed to have a modular EMALS block placed into the decks will need to be refitted to once again use STEAM to launch jets from new carrier decks. Seems that magnetism messes with the electronics of the jets and has other serious issues that seemingly cannot be debugged. As always, if it ain't broke, fix it - billions and it likely will never be used in active duty.

But.... that's another topic Smiley
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:50:37 PM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »

Where's 'our' cut of these profits?

you mean besides jobs, taxes paid, etc?  i don't know...ask the Dakotas where their cut is.  looks like good times for them.  perhaps the "cut" is commensurate to the risk taken?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »

The coal industry is a LONG ways from shut down.  In fact they're just gearing up and heading your direction kathyp.  Don't you know what's going on in your own backyard?  Also, the sub-bituminous coal we are digging up in SE Montana is some of the dirtiest coal on the planet, being sold to 'primarily' China for pennies on the dollar.    Due to its sulfurous toxicity its "illegal" to burn here in the Americas.   That's why there is such a rush to sell it while people are too dumb to know what's going on or how bad it actually is.  The ultimate capitalist venture run by capitalist Vultures……..

The whole operation is a farce being played on the world, involving Peabody Coal (the worlds largest coal producer) and our friend Mr. Buffet (who owns the majority of rail lines heading to the West Coast) who are determined to get Asia hooked on this crap while the price is still low (capitalism at its worse, or best depending on your perspective).  Both operations know full well that windburn ribbons of "LEAD", mercury and arsenic will be arriving to our shores from Asia after burning.  

Is this how capitalists recycle?   We will be getting some 'lead' back  rolleyes

But wait, if these idiots have their way (and it seems like they will, thanks to idiots in the US Congress, and including the Pres  Wink) what is now the worlds biggest coal terminal in the world, BC's (Westshore) will be dwarfed by the terminal currently in the works in Washington State……The Gateway Pacific Terminal at Cherry Point.

US Coal and Natural Gas are being sold out from under the watch of the American people for dollars that belong to all of us, not just those profiting.  The resources in America rightfully belong to all Americans, yet 'we the people' receive no benefit at all and have pollution and terminal war (over the worlds resources) in our long term futures.  

Remember how we were told that digging for our own coal and gas was going to save us from our dependance on Middle East Oil?  Well, while we sleep or argue over our petty differences the 'profiteers' are definitely paying attention and for their own sinister plans can't seem to sell "OUR RESOURCES" fast enough.  

Where's 'our' cut of these profits?  What will we use to produce energy when its all promised out and/or gone?  Deals are being made behind our backs that will affect us all for generations…..if we survive.  When its gone its gone, and with rapid the expansion of Asian economies…….it won't be long, 'relatively' speaking  Wink   We'll either run out or we'll have created a planet unfit to live……..its getting closer every year.

Hey, now don't just believe me, check it out for yourselves.  There's ALOT more to discuss on this issue but this is enough for now.  HAPPY BREATHING  grin

I dislike long posts like this because it leads to answers like this:

Where's 'our' cut of these profits?

you mean besides jobs, taxes paid, etc?  i don't know...ask the Dakotas where their cut is.  looks like good times for them.  perhaps the "cut" is commensurate to the risk taken?

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 11:45:57 PM »

Did you need more?   I was trying to cut through the hot air fog.  Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 12:02:10 AM »

I don't. TBeek probably.

Beemaster - the Gun Gripes guys tell it pretty straight. I've watched most of their videos over the last year, tons of cool stuff. Cut shells may be my favorite.  I know, completely off topic. Carry on.

Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 04:52:06 AM »

Oooops, thought I was on an open forum (for open minds).  Sorry for fogging/clouding/confusing your days with little doses of sunshine based reality. 

I've wasted enough time around here, I have politicians to agitate……(they can be evasive, narrow and rude too, but at least they're brave enough to do it to 'your' face).

hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 08:38:36 PM »

I merely suggest tackling one point at a time. Was that evasive, narrow and rude?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next